British Speedway Forum
tocha

Peter Craven Memorial Trophy - Monday 18th March.

9 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

No speedway stream should be more than £10 when you can a Championship football match for that price. I would’ve paid £10 but essentially £15 is too much.

More demand for football ones though, so easy for them to make a profit charging less. Even Championship speedway streams are £11.99

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

No speedway stream should be more than £10 when you can a Championship football match for that price. I would’ve paid £10 but essentially £15 is too much.

An EFL iFollow stream is basically one camera synced up with local BBC radio commentary. It’s not comparable coverage at all, £10 for that is basically a con

• Like 1

celina look not bad considering the company she was in against 

• Like 1

If the ref needs to consult var for that he shouldn't be a ref!

15 quid for a stream is an absolute robbery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedway28 said:

I didn't know you could stream Championship football matches.Where do you get these?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I don't think its to bad some gp riders,  decent track and watching at home for 15 quid. 

Edited by mc131
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, emilali said:

£14.99 for a stream online is absolutely scandalous in my opinion and will put quite a few off I would have thought! 

You don’t have to buy it though, just watch Emmerdale.

• Haha 3

Good meeting I thought. Especially for the BV riders! Ben Cook certainly on form from the off this season. :t:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davie10 said:

celina look not bad considering the company she was in against 

she did look ok but the track was very slick very smooth the times were slower than when Dan Bewley had the track record for the colts in 2017. she rode middle of track most of the time. 

listen there will never be a woman speedway world champion in a million years, not even a transgender man/ woman, not unless zmarzlic comes clean, :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very enjoyable meeting with some good racing and lots to talk about on the way home. What more could you ask for at this stage of the season?

Seeing Kurtz and Bewley battle it out in the final  with Fricke just behind is what speedway should be all about. The track staff should be congratulated on an excellent track for the time of year.

Thought Celine did very well to be honest and she improved every race.

• Like 1

As a native of the Aces now living in north London £14.99 for live coverage of the meeting, produced very well and excellent stream I thought it very good value. Hopefully the club get a cut of the sales income so it’s a win for the club and a definite win for me. Great racing , great meeting.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, DazS said:

she did look ok but the track was very slick very smooth the times were slower than when Dan Bewley had the track record for the colts in 2017. she rode middle of track most of the time. 

listen there will never be a woman speedway world champion in a million years, not even a transgender man/ woman, not unless zmarzlic comes clean, :rofl:

Fortunately there aren't many like you out there. What an embarrassment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Not exactly robbery as you have a choice whether to pay/watch it. 

• Like 3

Well I paid the £15 to watch it from comfort of my own home and I am happy I did. The meeting was presented well by BV and as expected and the riders rose to the challenge and provided top notch racing. Quality of the stream was very good, the camera angles very adequate, the commentary was ok.                                  
Negatives of the meeting in relationship to the streaming was the seemingly lack of knowledge of how great Ove Fundin was and the battles he and Peter Craven had…..but then I am an Ove Fundin fan.                    
My other moan, not the fault of the stream company, BSN, was the length of time grading the track after every four races. Thankfully BSN covered the time with an interview, but there again, if I had been at BV and not streaming then that excessive tractor grading would certainly have been very boring. I wasn’t there….maybe the time spent was necessary.                   
So, I spent £15, I sat in the comfort of my own home, no petrol money spent, no hassle travelling 30 mile each way in rush hour traffic (it was 7 o’clock start), I could easily have spent £8-£10 on a fish and chip supper on the way home, and risked a call off meeting due to weather (but it was BV and the track is more weather friendly because it was built right). £15 well spent in my opinion.

• Like 3