British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Witches v Aces Thursday March 21st

Aces were sharp out of the gate in the two fixtures last season so I’m hopeful they can keep it going to get the win. Tbh I’d be happy with a loss if we get more than 1 race per meeting as was the case last year. You’ll think me daft but I’d rather see an Aces loss after a rip roaring meeting than a gate ‘n’ go win. Hope all stay safe. 

Doyle comfortably the best home rider in the league as the stats show. Rarely beaten at Foxhall. Belle Vue will sniff an opportunity here

• Like 2

Belle Vue fallen lucky with no Doyle for Ipswich (no disrespect to Scott Nicholls) for their visit to Foxhall, they can’t be as bad as their last visit there, can see this now being very close with a 2 point win for Belle Vue

I think it now comes down to the respective engine rooms; King, Rew and Ellis v Lidsey, Cook and Blodorn.

Witches with maybe a slight edge at reserve and the Aces with a slight edge at 1 & 5.

Doyle's Mrs has had all winter to give birth but had to wait until the season starts............

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Doyle's Mrs has had all winter to give birth but had to wait until the season starts............

So selfish - congrats to them anyway! 
hopefully Scott will be an adequate replacement he often scores very well when guesting to whilst not at Doyle’s level should be enough  

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Doyle comfortably the best home rider in the league as the stats show. Rarely beaten at Foxhall. Belle Vue will sniff an opportunity here

1 hour ago, 4BM said:

Belle Vue fallen lucky with no Doyle for Ipswich (no disrespect to Scott Nicholls) for their visit to Foxhall, they can’t be as bad as their last visit there, can see this now being very close with a 2 point win for Belle Vue

Agree this is Belle Vues best chance of an away win at Ipswich.

Posted (edited)

Will be much closer now, BV to nick it in a last heat decider.

Edited by TTT

I thought riders had to have had at least one official team meeting in the season to be entitled to a guest or R/R. Mr Doyle hasn’t. Please clarify for me. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

I thought riders had to have had at least one official team meeting in the season to be entitled to a guest or R/R. Mr Doyle hasn’t. Please clarify for me. Thanks.

I think that's the case for new signings.

The Aces should be favourites to win now the Witches are much weaker, no disrespect to Scott.

41 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

You are correct, not that it matters.

010.5 FACILITIES
No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-
declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-
declared.

57 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

I'm sure Nicholls will be 75% below Doyle's average, so qualifies under the "no facility rule"