British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow , BSN thingy , 6/4/24 @7pm

4 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

Rules have to be changed,whatever Complin did or didnt do you cant then expect fans to rock up,specially as if your a neutral fan like me and goes everywhere whenever i can to choose a meeting that should have  a full squad of riders to then get there and see some rider being not allowed to race,there has to be something in place where a junior or someone takes his place.Fans are the ones at the end of the day  where it effects them more then anyone else.

You can't really change the rules for a failed drug/alcohol test. It is written that a failure will mean exclusion from the event & no replacement is permitted. the team manager has to sign the meeting certificate to confirm all his riders are in a fit condition to compete. This issue happens every once in a while & currently we are not aware as to why the rider has supplied a non-negative sample nor weather it is for drugs or alcohol.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Always loved my trips to Berwick and supported them against all other teams apart from against my own, and had great times with the Berwick fans, but this is the first time I have heard Berwick fans boo every Tigers rider during the parade, we all have a rider that we may boo at times but never a whole team, Well done to both teams for a good meeting, I thought after losing Lee we would have lost by more, and as for the accusations of what Lee has taken, we will wait and see what the official outcome is. If it is someting illegal and not a prescribed medication then whatever punishment is meted out would be deserved. I really don't like the football type behaviour that is starting to infiltrate in speedway, I have seen this at a few tracks including my own from some of the newer fans. Lets get back to being able to have a bit of banter between supporters.

Edited by Weeyin
  • Like 4

Really good result for Berwick and a solid start to the season. Hope they continue on this upwards trajectory. 

If it's something like a Lemsip or Night Nurse that causes a rider to provide a non-negative sample I still find it strange that this would happen especially after all the publicity from recent events . These types of medications are can cause drowsiness, that's one of the reasons they are banned .   Surely by now riders know what's on the banned  list and I'm sure team bosses will have stressed to their riders to be careful about what they are taking . If it's something stronger the I've no sympathy for any rider who fall foul of the testing regime. They're bound to know that there's always a chance that they might get tested. In both scenarios it's sheer stupidity if you get caught,. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’m sure a brown envelope will resolve this issue.

What a nasty hateful thing to say but then again no surprise when you see who's saying it.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Always loved my trips to Berwick and supported them against all other teams apart from against my own, and had great times with the Berwick fans, but this is the first time I have heard Berwick fans boo every Tigers rider during the parade, we all have a rider that we may boo at times but never a whole team, Well done to both teams for a good meeting, I thought after losing Lee we would have lost by more, and as for the accusations of what Lee has taken, we will wait and see what the official outcome is. If it is someting illegal and not a prescribed medication then whatever punishment is meted out would be deserved. I really don't like the football type behaviour that is starting to infiltrate in speedway, I have seen this at a few tracks including my own from some of the newer fans. Lets get back to being able to have a bit of banter between supporters.

I’d imagine the locals are not impressed with Glasgow taking two young prospects in pjiper and flint. Must be annoying when you give track time and opportunities to these youngsters and they go to your rivals

54 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Have had that before. I'd take it as a compliment! 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Technik said:

You can't really change the rules for a failed drug/alcohol test. It is written that a failure will mean exclusion from the event & no replacement is permitted. the team manager has to sign the meeting certificate to confirm all his riders are in a fit condition to compete. This issue happens every once in a while & currently we are not aware as to why the rider has supplied a non-negative sample nor weather it is for drugs or alcohol.

Just because it is written doesn't mean it can't be re-written otherwise we'd still be living under laws from the middle ages. What if it had been Harris & Flint who had been tested and failed, would you still be saying the same? As far as the club (and fans) is concerned what is the difference between a riders non appearance due to a failed drugs test and any other reason?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’d imagine the locals are not impressed with Glasgow taking two young prospects in pjiper and flint. Must be annoying when you give track time and opportunities to these youngsters and they go to your rivals

It was Flint who wanted to move on 

does a track side test know  if its Columbian marching powder or say Lemsip or does it need a more advance secondary test?

1 minute ago, montie said:

does a track side test know  if its Columbian marching powder or say Lemsip or does it need a more advance secondary test?

Aye, it's surely the latter. 

wel wel wel mmmmmm very nice

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Worrall's average is below 8, so a 6+1 score away from home isn't so bad. He's not the rider he was when he first went to Poole. Have Glasgow fans overrated their heat leader strength I wonder?

The team is built in such a way worrall and bomber expected to get double figures as a minimum every meeting. 6 points isn't good enough. Also if it's not a signing I was excited about what have I overrated about him? I hope he comes good and it's only one meeting but his early season form all round must be a cause for concern for steve as much as anyone else

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Have to agree snack bar set up is a total disaster.Staff doing their best though.

stafdf do do their best maybe a snack van on 2nd bend as there was a few years ago to cater for ducket and 3rd bend patrons to be fair we won't get crowds like that every week

11 minutes ago, Normski said:

stafdf do do their best maybe a snack van on 2nd bend as there was a few years ago to cater for ducket and 3rd bend patrons to be fair we won't get crowds like that every week

Bring back Grantys van

• Haha 1