British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow , BSN thingy , 6/4/24 @7pm

10 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Thoughts are with you at this sad time mate. Hopefully your team live up to their name and ‘Splash the cash’ through the week to build a more competent team.  

In my opinion, Glasgow should be stripped of last years title as your powerhouse reserve was more than likely under the influence of cocaine.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour considering he’s riding at such a high level. All Glasgow fans should be travelling home tonight disgusted!!!

If I was Phil Morris I would throw you guys out of the BSN cup, but I’d imagine a brown envelope will come his way this week and Lee Complin will have his backside trackside next week. 

TB

You have the facts too hand then.

No didn’t think so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

If it's something like a Lemsip or Night Nurse that causes a rider to provide a non-negative sample I still find it strange that this would happen especially after all the publicity from recent events . These types of medications are can cause drowsiness, that's one of the reasons they are banned .   Surely by now riders know what's on the banned  list and I'm sure team bosses will have stressed to their riders to be careful about what they are taking . If it's something stronger the I've no sympathy for any rider who fall foul of the testing regime. They're bound to know that there's always a chance that they might get tested. In both scenarios it's sheer stupidity if you get caught,. 

Taking hard drugs is stupid full stop

But there's many that disagree 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Surely all riders should know which medication are safe to take and which aren't assuming that's what it is.

There will be a list issued under regs 

But how often do we all read instructions properly 

And how many dont read memos and briefings at work 

We get it often at work people claim they have not been told things until we pull the paper work out they signed 

Edited by scaramanga

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

There will be a list issued under regs 

But how often do we all read instructions properly 

And how many dont read memos and briefings at work 

We get it often at work people claim they have not been told things until we pull the paper work out they signed 

Can only blame himself if that is the case though.He’s 39 and hardly new to the sport.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You have the facts too hand then.

No didn’t think so.

Doesn't even have the fact that Morris has nothing to do with the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As a Speedway fan I really hope  Complin offence is an innocent one and he’s back on track soon , too many are judging and giving there thoughts on last nights events .Speedway is in decline and negative comments aren’t helping .

The law of the land is”Innocent until proven guilty “ and hope this is the case in Lee Complins  .Speedway doesn’t need scandals as year on year the support is dwindling . Ps I’m not a Tigers fan I’m a speedway fan who is seeing it diminish year on year

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Could be something perfectly innocent like medication. 

Innocent or not, like I've said already it's sheer stupidity, 

I think some people should be careful about what they say, just because their real name isn't used doesn't mean that they can't be traced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DSC67 said:

If it's something like a Lemsip or Night Nurse that causes a rider to provide a non-negative sample I still find it strange that this would happen especially after all the publicity from recent events . These types of medications are can cause drowsiness, that's one of the reasons they are banned .   Surely by now riders know what's on the banned  list and I'm sure team bosses will have stressed to their riders to be careful about what they are taking . If it's something stronger the I've no sympathy for any rider who fall foul of the testing regime. They're bound to know that there's always a chance that they might get tested. In both scenarios it's sheer stupidity if you get caught,. 

I would find it difficult for Lee Complin to put anything forward in mitigation for the reasons you give, there`s enough advice and information out there for any rider unsure what is and what is not allowed. Maybe there was an issue with the test itself or the equipment used to take the but I would find that very hard to believe. 

At the end of it all the rider is responsible for what he takes, whether it be medication, supplements, vitamins or energy drinks etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’d imagine the locals are not impressed with Glasgow taking two young prospects in pjiper and flint. Must be annoying when you give track time and opportunities to these youngsters and they go to your rivals

You couldn`t be more wrong, especially in the case of Leon Flint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Surely all riders should know which medication are safe to take and which aren't assuming that's what it is.

If they don`t then they have a duty to find out, there is enough information out there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

As a Speedway fan I really hope  Complin offence is an innocent one and he’s back on track soon , too many are judging and giving there thoughts on last nights events .Speedway is in decline and negative comments aren’t helping .

The law of the land is”Innocent until proven guilty “ and hope this is the case in Lee Complins  .Speedway doesn’t need scandals as year on year the support is dwindling . Ps I’m not a Tigers fan I’m a speedway fan who is seeing it diminish year on year

He's already been proven not innocent, we're just waiting for him to be proved guilty now, how often does the 2nd test come back different to the first test using the same sample? The same old excuses being trotted out again just like they were in all of the cases last year. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tyretrax said:

I think some people should be careful about what they say, just because their real name isn't used doesn't mean that they can't be traced.

Really! Who has ever been prosecuted for anything said on this forum? If it was an innocent mistake I am sure it will be resolved quickly.

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

He's already been proven guilty, we're just waiting for him to be proved guilty again, how often does the 2nd test come back different to the first test using the same sample? The same old excuses being trotted out again just like they were in all of the cases last year. 

Fans find it difficult to come to terms with their own rider doing something like this especially with the Richie Worrall case still fresh in the memory and considering how experienced these riders are.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, davie10 said:

jack smith has been around for to long never going to make it so well left alon

yes and lee Complin is like brand new.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2