British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow , BSN thingy , 6/4/24 @7pm

While the Complin issue put a it of dampener on it for Tigers fans it was a decent match and bit of tension in the later stages,very enjoyable.IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lioness said:

You do realise that just because it’s an internet forum and you are using a Nick name, it doesn’t mean you can’t be sued for slander?

I can’t comment on the actual test speedway does trackside as these tests differ but from my pharmacy experience for those thinking ‘oh a list is issued of banned substances’ it’s not really as simple as that. Medication can have things in it that you don’t expect - that’s how Alain Baxter lost his Olympics medal, he took a sniff of Vicks.

some assume OTC meds are ok but that’s not the case - many common meds such as hay fever relief tablets can’t be used as it would make you fail the drug test.

All that is before taking into account that two medications taken together can heighten the strength and effect of a drug - that’s why people used to take the OTC Co codamol with full strength Coca Cola.

It is a minefield and from the basic information we have then it is probably best to wait for the lab results and comments before judging an individual. 
Even then though Bandits Fan, it’s wise not to open yourself up to slander accusations with random accusations

Just my opinions obviously

It’s common knowledge, no?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

Hope it’s no true as I really like Complin as a rider but from what everyone who was at the meeting last night was saying, it seems like this is going to end only one way. 
Will be the first to hold my hands up if I’m wrong 

Edited by BanditsFan

3 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

Hope it’s no true as I really like Complin as a rider but from what everyone who was at the meeting last night was saying, it seems like this is going to end only one way. 

That's a fair bit of backtracking from your comment last night...FACT

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wait and see…

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That's the biggest 180, I've ever seen online, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who eachother is. I know who forum members are they know who members are, the forum members they know they then know who members are and Boom you've been identified.

Always better to keep schtum on scenarios like this until it's out in black and white, which should be in a few days.  Then you can blast away or if the alternative result comes up you won't look silly.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

Is that the sound of a reversing alarm I hear, with a u-turn like that you should be a politician, or maybe it was just a fishing trip looking for a few bites , if it was looks like you were successful 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Is that the sound of a reversing alarm I hear, with a u-turn like that you should be a politician, or maybe it was just a fishing trip looking for a few bites , if it was looks like you were successful 

Beep beep beep

54 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

Obviously not. That’s fine though, if you don’t want to take a piece of friendly advice that’s fine, your decision . It might be prudent to check your proof is fail safe just in case

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lioness said:

You do realise that just because it’s an internet forum and you are using a Nick name, it doesn’t mean you can’t be sued for slander?

I can’t comment on the actual test speedway does trackside as these tests differ but from my pharmacy experience for those thinking ‘oh a list is issued of banned substances’ it’s not really as simple as that. Medication can have things in it that you don’t expect - that’s how Alain Baxter lost his Olympics medal, he took a sniff of Vicks.

some assume OTC meds are ok but that’s not the case - many common meds such as hay fever relief tablets can’t be used as it would make you fail the drug test.

All that is before taking into account that two medications taken together can heighten the strength and effect of a drug - that’s why people used to take the OTC Co codamol with full strength Coca Cola.

It is a minefield and from the basic information we have then it is probably best to wait for the lab results and comments before judging an individual. 
Even then though Bandits Fan, it’s wise not to open yourself up to slander accusations with random accusations

Just my opinions obviously

Spot on Lioness. There have been lots of opinions posted regarding last night's meeting at Berwick, some I agree with some I don't but that's my opinion. There is however a big difference between offering an opinion and making statements which they claim to be a 'FACT', which one poster has done.  You clearly know more about medication and testing, but I would add that I'm aware of a number of work colleagues being advised after a basic works medical to see their doctor as a urine test had indicated they could be diabetic. A blood test at their doctor's showed they weren't diabetic. I think that is another reason for the wording used by the Speedway authorities as testing at the lab can identify more clearly was has or hasn't been taken.

• Like 2

Lots of editing going on in someone's posts on here 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Spot on Lioness. There have been lots of opinions posted regarding last night's meeting at Berwick, some I agree with some I don't but that's my opinion. There is however a big difference between offering an opinion and making statements which they claim to be a 'FACT', which one poster has done.  You clearly know more about medication and testing, but I would add that I'm aware of a number of work colleagues being advised after a basic works medical to see their doctor as a urine test had indicated they could be diabetic. A blood test at their doctor's showed they weren't diabetic. I think that is another reason for the wording used by the Speedway authorities as testing at the lab can identify more clearly was has or hasn't been taken.

so true about weaker first time testing  as in road side or track side 

not sure what test the scb do if its a dip or swipe or something better 

a place near me suspended 4 workers for cocaine only to be cleared by proper tests 

5 off us at work were told on a medical for our operators license to go for proper eye test or doctors as we might have brain tumour all off us are still fine and clear of brain tumour and also the same medicals over the years have suggested diabetic issue with various people who were also clear and they were done at our local vets oh sorry  hospital 

at the end of the day speedway riders are adrenaline junkies  so no real surprise some look for kicks in other ways off season 

Edited by scaramanga

I imagine a lot of us have strong opinions on drug taking, drug testing and the disciplinary process, but they are best aired in the generally away from a single specific case - particularly one about which the facts are not yet known/in the public domain

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lioness said:

You do realise that just because it’s an internet forum and you are using a Nick name, it doesn’t mean you can’t be sued for slander?I

You do realise that he lives in Scotland and can be sent to prison for seven years just for upsetting you :D

Who cares! Chill. You're making this forum way too serious and unenjoyable.

Edited by Nickinho
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1