British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Stars vs Aces - 11th April 2024

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

Spot on, that's my concern too and with several newbies in the team we've not yet had the chance to ride as a team at home yet. A very stiff test. If we can pull this one off it augers well for the rest of the season, but its only going to be a few points either way

Most of them have ridden the track many times maybe not together as a team but good riders adapt quickly and they have probably the best manager in the premiership and the best reserves in the league  so a fairly comfortable win in my opinion.

Looking forward to finally get our home meetings underway. 

Rob Lyon said on this week’s Pride of the East podcast that a few of the boys had a spin yesterday, so hopefully we’ll be dialled in from the off. 

Would be much more confident if we’d had those the Leicester and Birmingham meetings under our belt first, but still think we have enough.

Stars to win 48-42 (hopefully)

• Like 1

BV will be dynamite at Home but they could also be a team that struggles on the road imo.

KL have built a team to finally win regularly around the AFA and I cant see past a Home win tonight, I cant see them losing at Home at all this season tbh.

KL 47-43.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Speedball said:

Looking forward to finally get our home meetings underway. 

Rob Lyon said on this week’s Pride of the East podcast that a few of the boys had a spin yesterday, so hopefully we’ll be dialled in from the off. 

Would be much more confident if we’d had those the Leicester and Birmingham meetings under our belt first, but still think we have enough.

Stars to win 48-42 (hopefully)

Normally id  go for something like 50-40. But given MPT's spill and the lack of track time at home, i can see this one going either way tbh. I expect BV to be the sharper of the 2 teams early doors. Heats 13 and 15 could be tough for the Stars as well. Hoping Vadim and Toby are both on it tonight.

Can't make it, so will be watching the updates come in. Lovely evening for it. :t:

Come on u Stars .......

Edited by Bald Bloke

Think the Aces might struggle a bit here.

They will need Blodorn, Cook and Lidsey to really turn up if they are to have a chance.

50-40

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

Think the Aces might struggle a bit here.

They will need Blodorn, Cook and Lidsey to really turn up if they are to have a chance.

50-40

There's no doubting Blodorn's form around the NSS, but can he do it away? Not sure I would have chosen him ahead of Brennan.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

NKI going down the Hans Andersen route.

Not nice to witness seeing age finally catch up with a rider when you've watched them at their absolute best scoring double figures at No.1 on a regular basis.

Well done Aces.

As feared man and machine looked rusty and devoid of rhythm on the Lynn side of the pits, need to win more races next home match....against Sheffield :blink:

• Haha 2

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Well done Aces.

As feared man and machine looked rusty and devoid of rhythm on the Lynn side of the pits, need to win more races next home match....against Sheffield :blink:

Nothing to do with rustiness if you're going to be honest.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2024 at 10:22 AM, foreverblue said:

You shouldn't have too many concerns with your team, 50-40 would be my prediction.

oops that didn't work out right :rofl:

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 1:52 PM, foreverblue said:

Yes agree with that, KIngs Lynn reserves are far superior.

not tonight :nono:

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Nothing to do with rustiness if you're going to be honest.

Well with my eyes from the first bend it was, every rider was inconsistent from the gate and with the lines they were riding, and unfortunately we didn't really have anything to stand up to the BV top two. But Museilak will be better than that as will Wojdylo once properly dialled in.

BV looked far sharper and deserved their win. 

Bottom of the table has a familiar look to it...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1