British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 12/424 @7.30

Lot going on for the 7 heats. Not sure on rulings but Harris helmet not checked before the race as he’s just jumped onto the bike and away. However impressive ride to do what he did. 

Good to Jim McGregor is still useless as a ref, ace cleans Connor out excludes Connor. Bit of handbags can’t go wrong with that. 

Good pass from lasse on Leon as well lined him up for a few laps before making the move. 

oh well we go again maybe get some kayaks for next time just in case.

52 minutes ago, therefused said:

Glasgow promotion should be fined for what happened this evening 

I know you can blame speedway promotions of r a lot of things but to be honest I dont think rain of biblical proportions can be down to them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lioness said:

I know you can blame speedway promotions of r a lot of things but to be honest I dont think rain of biblical proportions can be down to them

I blame God always on a Friday.

Well if we’re going to blame someone and all that.

2 minutes ago, Lioness said:

Yeah, the rain came when I expected it to, but much, much heavier than expected.

To be honest, I'm glad Bomber was late. If he hadn't been, I think we'd all be disappointed we'd seen only 10 heats.

Just now, Gazc said:

I dont think it was Stevie Lawsons fault either! :P

:P

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

One thought I had is, we could run the rematch as a double header. Glasgow home meeting on the outside track, Edinburgh can use the inside track for their "home" meeting :D

Edited by Noelinho
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, the rain came when I expected it to, but much, much heavier than expected.

To be honest, I'm glad Bomber was late. If he hadn't been, I think we'd all be disappointed we'd seen only 10 heats.

Yeah thats another crazy thing.  Fans are quick to complain about lack of value at speedway yet when promoters agree to delay 15 minutes to give fans as strong a meeting as they can they get hammered for that too.
I cant believe I am sticking up for promotions but in this case I think they are getting unfair stick (and unlike some I speak out when I think someone is being treated badly)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

God was at Redcar on the spanners helping the comets to a fantastic away win, oh worky worky UTC:party:

1 minute ago, Lioness said:

Yeah thats another crazy thing.  Fans are quick to complain about lack of value at speedway yet when promoters agree to delay 15 minutes to give fans as strong a meeting as they can they get hammered for that too.
I cant believe I am sticking up for promotions but in this case I think they are getting unfair stick (and unlike some I speak out when I think someone is being treated badly)

Agree 100% last time I spoke out at Ashfield is when I bought a pint at the shed kiosk I drank the pint took the empty plastic tumbler back and told her that the Lager was flat.

She said the tumbler was empty and your onto plums to which I replied I know it’s empty but it was still flat.

I thought I was treated abysmally that’s what you get for speaking out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

God was at Redcar on the spanners helping the comets to a fantastic away win, oh worky worky UTC:party:

Yep  it has already been cracked.

Good win for your team tonight well done.

Every time I go to Ashfield, I’m even more impressed by the set-up and professionalism. Everyone you encounter, from the ladies at the entrance to the guys sorting the track, are pleasant.

I thought it was a great meeting until the heavens opened.

What happened with Pijper and Coles? I don’t have the benefit of a reply, but to me, that looked like a solid exclusion for Pijper.

Also, no words for Chris Harris. Wow.

Sam Hagon looked very good. What’s the script with him? Is he of Hagon Shocks pedigree? That equipment looked pristine.

Flint’s needing to get his finger out. That was poor. Your third heat leader can’t be getting passed like that at home.

6 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

SCB confirm positive test 

Complin banned for 30 days.

Guest facility for 28 days

It sounds that he is initially banned for 30 days until the hearing,anything else depends on the outcome of the meeting is the way I read it.

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

The promotions agreed to delay the start. Presumably the Edinburgh promotion didn't want cheap points, and I'm sure we'd agree the same if it were the other way round. I presume the referee (or Edinburgh) said it had to be no more than 15 minutes, which is fair. Glasgow were prepared to put Ace in heat one if it came to it, but I think it was a sensible accomodation. 

All meetings have to start no later than 15 minutes after advertised start time,did anyone check if harris had his license with him before he went out??,was it a scottish ref tonight??

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

All meetings have to start no later than 15 minutes after advertised start time,did anyone check if harris had his license with him before he went out??,was it a scottish ref tonight??

Jim McGregor.

• Thanks 1