British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 12/424 @7.30

I've not seen the Pijper / Boughen or Pijper / Coles incidents so can't comment on who's at fault / were the reactions over the top. But I have noticed sone riders who can give it out but not take it, biggest example was Nicki Pedersen & Hans Andersen can't remember the year (must have been a GP) but they were throwing the bikes at each other for all four laps, personally thought it was one of the greatest races I've seen & fully expected them to shake hands afterwards (they were both as bad as each other) but they started pushing & shoving etc.

Now look at Martin Vaculik, winning a GP and Freddie Lindgren completely wiped him out, Freddie goes up to Martin to apologise, which Vaculik accepts, total professional attitude by Vaculik.

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've not seen the Pijper / Boughen or Pijper / Coles incidents so can't comment on who's at fault / were the reactions over the top. But I have noticed sone riders who can give it out but not take it, biggest example was Nicki Pedersen & Hans Andersen can't remember the year (must have been a GP) but they were throwing the bikes at each other for all four laps, personally thought it was one of the greatest races I've seen & fully expected them to shake hands afterwards (they were both as bad as each other) but they started pushing & shoving etc.

Now look at Martin Vaculik, winning a GP and Freddie Lindgren completely wiped him out, Freddie goes up to Martin to apologise, which Vaculik accepts, total professional attitude by Vaculik.

What about Scott and Emil years ago, after a great race at Cardiff, you would have thought a handshake but Emil rides into Scott and they have a bit of a altercation. 

58 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Well actually it is your words because you're the one spouting the bile on a public forum without quoting sources. Same as you did about him signing for Glasgow over other clubs last season. Maybe you should just leave the kid be eh? And I was standing same area as you on Friday and as others have said ace was ahead so this riding into the side of him you also spouted BS

Not going to sit and name riders am I. 

Don’t have an issue with him, I think as a rider he’s on the edge which isn’t exactly a bad thing. With experience he’ll learn to back out of certain moves along with throttle control. Has the potential to be a heat leader easily in this league.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I seen the “incident” if that’s what you want to call it between Ace & Boughen down at Workington last year. Nothing in it at all just Ace racing hard. From what I can remember it was a couple of things in the same race/re-run. Ace just taking care of his biggest threat in the race fair and square. Boughen didn’t like it but instead of backing out he carried on and ultimately, layed it down.

Another one was Ace & Hagon. Ace forceful up the inside, hagon didn’t like it and threw the bike down. No contact at all but somehow Ace was excluded!!

Edited by CTD26
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gazc said:

Who cares who he upsets , without seeing last nights incident you have drawn your conclusion and came up with let’s be honest a pile off Sh!te against a 17 year old.

McGregor seen fit to exclude Cole’s as the primary cause as Ace had already passed Cole’s perhaps just perhaps Cole’s spat the dummy whilst the red mist descended.

Very sensitive these days Gaz. Only asking a question, which others seem to answer without being offended. 

32 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

I seen the “incident” if that’s what you want to call it between Ace & Boughen down at Workington last year. Nothing in it at all just Ace racing hard. From what I can remember it was a couple of things in the same race/re-run. Ace just taking care of his biggest threat in the race fair and square. Boughen didn’t like it but instead of backing out he carried on and ultimately, layed it down.

Another one was Ace & Hagon. Ace forceful up the inside, hagon didn’t like it and threw the bike down. No contact at all but somehow Ace was excluded!!

Ace and Boughen also had an incident in the Glasgow Vs Oxford meeting at end of last season. Boughen wasn't too happy about it when interviewed on BSN but seeing as they already had an incident at Workington, I can see why he would get upset now. 

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cause several riders think he’s a danger and reckless. Not my words theirs.

Source......? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Ace and Boughen also had an incident in the Glasgow Vs Oxford meeting at end of last season. Boughen wasn't too happy about it when interviewed on BSN but seeing as they already had an incident at Workington, I can see why he would get upset now. 

That was tremendous TV.:lol:

Greg Blair - an outstanding pundit - on BSN wanted Boughen‘s professional observations while being shown the replay, but what he received was ”got over him… and he’s just f*cking ran straight into me”.:lol::lol::lol:

In five years time, we’ll hopefully be watching these two compete at an even higher level because what they’re doing as teenagers and the company they’re doing it in is nothing short of incredible. They’re both a credit to themselves, regardless of how many times they fall or come last.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

Seen the photos Ace showed total commitment, did nothing wrong. Also impressed by him in the re-run when on exiting the 4th bend on the last lap he looked over his shoulder saw Sam Hagon and inexplicably slowed down and finished second. Richard Lawson (just for you Lisa) would have been proud of him. Just a pity the meeting doesn't count!  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Very sensitive these days Gaz. Only asking a question, which others seem to answer without being offended. 

Not at all just plenty on here who seem to get some sort of kick slaughtering a 17 year old kid.

Ace was hard on Cole’s but it was his choice to drop it ,I have seen far worse than that with no character assassination in the aftermath.

This rhetoric about this one is upset or that one is upset because Ace done this or Ace done that is frankly pathetic.

Ace should just continue his progress and if he puts noses out of joint so be it.

All that matters is Glasgow fans are mostly delighted with his progress the rest is just outside noise best ignored.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Source......? 

You seriously think Blobby has a source.

I see your still waiting on his reply. says it all  don’t you think?.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

With both clubs being Friday night clubs , and with both BSN group matches needing to be restaged.  I was wondering if both meetings could be ran on the same day , I.e . a Sunday , like we used to do with Newcastle 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

With both clubs being Friday night clubs , and with both BSN group matches needing to be restaged.  I was wondering if both meetings could be ran on the same day , I.e . a Sunday , like we used to do with Newcastle 

Sounds good but Sundays these days are difficult for rider availability IMO.Why not use their alternate race days though.Though that was the point of them.