British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Workington, 12/ 4/2024 :- BSN Series.

Very enjoyable evening at the Ecco Arena, track was great as usual, and good craic with the Redcar fans.

For the Comets it was very promising to come back from a 12 point deficit, Cookie was somewhat back to his old self, 13+1 but I think he will still get better.

Tate and Antti, were exciting to watch after taking a few heats to figure out the track. Very exciting prospects, who will win a lot of races as already shown at Northside.

In my opinion, we have 5 potential heatleaders in this side. All 5 had at least one heat win tonight

Haven’t talked about Claus and Batch yet, but Claus is really flying isn’t he. Thought he’d be in Heat 15, but Batch had another good night

Celina battles really hard, and was her best showing so far. Such a determined rider

Sam Mc is only learning, just like Ben Trigger is. Some stronger 2 point reserves out there but they’ll both get there by mid season

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting  at the ECCO Arena tonight. The Comets delighted all their travelling fans with a performance of desire and commitment. 12 points down after 4 heats the team fought their way back into the contest to take it to a last heat decider. Never in front until after heat 15 was just reward for the effort. Cookie and Batch showed what great competitors they can be and reinforced the feeling among the Comets fans that they still have plenty to offer regardless of the many negative comments that have been made on this forum about them both. Claus was just fantastic and once again displayed just how competitive and tough he is on the track. Antti didn't get the points his efforts deserved but both him and Tate once again showed great promise. Big well done to Celina who was competetive throughout and very nearly caught Jake Mulford on the line after having to go off a 15m handicap. Hope she is alright following the colllision with Connor Bailey after the race. The bears didn't do a lot wrong but only having 5 heat winners 4 of which were in the first 4 heats was telling.

• Like 1

Well done Worky plenty too be optimistic about after tonight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iainb said:

When Cook gives me something positive to say about him, I'll be the first to comment, until that happens... Tate was pretty impressive in heat 1 until he binned it

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Cook looks like he's up for it... going home that is. Batch won't be far behind him

Looking a wee bit silly with that comment now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Cook and Batch keep up that form that’s decent Workington Team. Claus is Definately a good 3rd heat leader.Annti and Tate are class IMO and will only improve.

2 hours ago, Blue Groove said:

Watched for first time on BSN stream, twelve quid but well worth it with a couple of pints for company.  Well done to all riders, track looked a bit rough early doors but got better later on, could've been more comfortable but for the tape touch and one or two mechanical gremlins.  Heat leaders all performed, as did Tate and Ant (they were just unlucky that there scores didn't reflect their efforts), Celina looked on pace, still doubts about Sam at this level though. 

BSN is as quality product at  a decent price.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looking a wee bit silly with that comment now.

I don't think so, I was commenting on his attitude pre the match starting, it was there for all to see. Fair play to him, when he could see there was absolutely nothing wrong with the track he knuckled down and brought home the bacon.

Well done Workington.

Great to see Craig Cook back amongst the points. I was critical of him last season, but I’m genuinely happy for him after what I understand were some difficult times.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Just watched repeat of the stream. Can't help feeling we should've kept claus this season watching him ride like that

I said all along I'd have kept Vissing over Flint. Can't believe Glasgow dropped him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

Redcar need fixing, there's a huge Eric Riss sized hole in the team

Redcar are missing a 3rd heat leader. Don't think you can expect Knudsen, Bailey or Edwards to fill that position. They also don't have the reserves to cover if the top 5 don't perform to their best imo.

On paper have a fabulous top 2. I'm expecting King to get back to his best sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Redcar are missing a 3rd heat leader. Don't think you can expect Knudsen, Bailey or Edwards to fill that position. They also don't have the reserves to cover if the top 5 don't perform to their best imo.

On paper have a fabulous top 2. I'm expecting King to get back to his best sooner rather than later.

I think King has been on the slide for the last couple of seasons.You can’t Bank on him anymore in the Big Heats like they use too.IMO.

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Cook looks like he's up for it... going home that is. Batch won't be far behind him

Wrong again :rofl:

• Haha 1

Fantastic team effort tonight could not fault anyone,the tac sub worked well and ht 12 tactics proved to be the match winner well done andrew on that one.special word about celina all points from the back showed the boys she will be no push over,hope she ok after falling after the race.

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I said all along I'd have kept Vissing over Flint. Can't believe Glasgow dropped him.

I think we'll hear that from a few people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

over,hope she ok after falling after

A bit battered and bruised she got a lift to penrith on supporters bus, as she is flying to Italy in the morning for a meeting on Sunday 

• Like 2