British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StephenMiller

Birmingham v Leicester 15th April 2024

Dropping averages to bring Bartek and Laguta in?:D

I said earlier if the Brummies could'nt win this with this team they would struggle to win a meeting all season, 5-1's from the Leicester reserves against so called Brum Heat leaders is not what the fans want to see, Tolley has 2 choices carry on and lose shed loads more, or put his hand deeper into his pocket and get a true No1, Milik is finding it tough, Worrall is not a heat leader right now he aint a very good second string, Flint flattered to deceive against Sheffield, hard as it may seem Lampart, Milik or Worrall have to make way for a proper No1 goodness me Nigel Tolley needs to bring in quickly a proven experienced team manager that knows who to sign and what he is doing, their was one kicking his heels down in Swindon but Tolley has placed his faith in the wrong people yet again.

• Like 2

Must admit, I didn’t think it would be that easy for the Lions. Fricke continues to under perform but everyone contributed for the visitors, with either a win or paid win. I still think that Brum have one of the best reserve pairings (Flint is better than that tonight), but they have no top end or middle order! The assessed averages of their top two would appear to flatter them at the moment but they should be judged in a few weeks time when their actual average will reflect their performances.

Dickson’s riding order shuffle will make him look clever tonight, but it would have made no difference to the meeting outcome. In his defence though, I admire him for looking to do something after consecutive home defeats.

• Like 3

Glasgow must be concerned of the early season form of Worrell and Flint.It can only get better.

9 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

I said earlier if the Brummies could'nt win this with this team they would struggle to win a meeting all season, 5-1's from the Leicester reserves against so called Brum Heat leaders is not what the fans want to see, Tolley has 2 choices carry on and lose shed loads more, or put his hand deeper into his pocket and get a true No1, Milik is finding it tough, Worrall is not a heat leader right now he aint a very good second string, Flint flattered to deceive against Sheffield, hard as it may seem Lampart, Milik or Worrall have to make way for a proper No1 goodness me Nigel Tolley needs to bring in quickly a proven experienced team manager that knows who to sign and what he is doing, their was one kicking his heels down in Swindon but Tolley has placed his faith in the wrong people yet again.

Brum need at least 4 team changes to see the season out imo because it really is that bad.

The only good riders they've got are Brennan, Zach Cook and Steve Worrall (The latter gets a free pass due to him riding out of position as a HL due to Tolley's clownery when it comes to team building)

Milik is useless on British tracks, Flint is abysmal for a Rising Star who's been around for a good few years now and never improved, The only track he's good around is Berwick. Pawlicki getting 5-1'd by Joe Thompson basically tells fans everything they need to know on night one, No point bringing Lampart back because he'll just struggle all season.

Tolley's either got to splash the cash on riders like Zagar and Laguta (Everyone has a price) or he's just got to pull out of the league because he'll lose thousands and thousands of pounds because fans will not turn up to watch an uncompetitive team for much longer, Brum don't have a loyal fan base like KL for example.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

Brum need at least 4 team changes to see the season out imo because it really is that bad.

The only good riders they've got are Brennan, Zach Cook and Steve Worrall (The latter gets a free pass due to him riding out of position as a HL due to Tolley's clownery when it comes to team building)

Milik is useless on British tracks, Flint is abysmal for a Rising Star who's been around for a good few years now and never improved, The only track he's good around is Berwick. Pawlicki getting 5-1'd by Joe Thompson basically tells fans everything they need to know on night one, No point bringing Lampart back because he'll just struggle all season.

Tolley's either got to splash the cash on riders like Zagar and Laguta (Everyone has a price) or he's just got to pull out of the league because he'll lose thousands and thousands of pounds because fans will not turn up to watch an uncompetitive team for much longer, Brum don't have a loyal fan base like KL for example.

I’m not the only one that think Flint is only good around Berwick then.He has not really improved in the last couple of seasons around Uk and he has been at the tracks a few times now.He is still young though.

• Like 1

Ermolenko hasn't a clue about team tactics

• Like 4

Just now, Weeyin said:

Ermolenko hasn't a clue about team tactics

It’s difficult with a crap Team.But I tend to agree regarding Ermolenko.Good little earner for him though.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s difficult with a crap Team.But I tend to agree regarding Ermolenko.Good little earner for him though.

Earnerlenko!

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Any decent rider, IF available would only hold Brum to ransom and want guarantees rather than a performance related deal. Although Tolley did imply that money was not an obstacle in their team building before their full line up was declared. That was always going to bite him in the a*se and I wonder how comfortably he’s sitting lately!

• Like 2

Looks like Give us a B is holding fire until tomorrow, I dread to think what his mood will be like having paid to watch what can best be described in an old fashioned way as Tripe :D;).

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Artem Laguta offered his services.

Birmingham said no.

What a joke of a decision.

You on 10%,help you with school dinner money.

People go on about Brums strength but that scorecard is littered with riders who could and should be doing better.

• Like 6