British Speedway Forum
Col

Lions v Aces 18/04 PR1

Fingers crossed the weather forecast for the visit of Belle Vue to Beaumont Park isn't too wet, I may finally get my first methanol fix of 2024.  Can't see any reason why both teams shouldn't be at full strength - no continental meetings.

Dickson has reverted back to the original riding order after the Brum win. Fricke needs to come to the party sooner rather than later. When he does, the riding order of the other four won’t matter.

Narrow home win for Leicester 46-44

How is the weather looking there today rain still forecast from around 5pm ?

Forecast has gone rather grim!
image.png.8cd2ac0c9afea9ff852f5f4fc5cc4571.png

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Col said:

Forecast has gone rather grim!
image.png.8cd2ac0c9afea9ff852f5f4fc5cc4571.png

The forecast I'm looking at looks marginally better than this but Phil Morris really needs to look at introducing some kind of formula for cancelling meetings. Leicester have called meetings off in the past on better forecasts than this and a lot earlier, yet this is still on. I'm currently on holiday in North Wales deciding whether to come home early for this... and don't think I'll bother!

Edited by iainb

Looking at several forecasts all show rain from around 5pm to 9pm, not small bit of rain either, big band moving south down country. Can’t see how it can be on although frustrating with a dry day. 

According to met check 0.5mm of rain over two hours. 

So that saves the club 4 laps of diesel as Andy put more than that down over four laps with the bowser.

I've never used met check but w9lion is right only says a tiny amount of rain. Other apps say its going to rain but not sure how much. Tough one for the club as we could only get light drizzle 

Aces in a last heat decider (44-46)

In Manchester we suppose to be in the middle of the band of rain moving south and we barely had any rain at all, it’s very windy.

Made decision to set off about 4.30, hope we don’t have a wasted trip. 

Posted (edited)

Only 1 winner of this match . The weather.

I can already  see on my ring doorbell that’s it’s raining 3 miles from the track consistently heavy. 

Why on earth is the meeting still on? can Stewart & Paul not read the forecast ? 

I have now have no choice but to rush home from work & get upto  the track before  inevitable announcement is made that the meeting is postponed due to the rain that has been falling since 4pm.

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Only 1 winner of this match . The weather.

I can already  see on my ring doorbell that’s it’s raining 3 miles from the track consistently heavy. 

Why on earth is the meeting still on? can Stewart & Paul not read the forecast ? 

I have now have no choice but to rush home from work & get upto  the track before  inevitable announcement is made that the meeting is postponed due to the rain that has been falling since 4pm.

Interesting.  I'm just over two miles away from track at services and it is, at worst so far, very light drizzle. 

Depends on direction I guess. Fingers crossed