British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Redcar 20/04/24 3pm BSN

2 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Greg Blair is superior to Roynon.

Both good at what they do as they have both rode a bike so they know exactly what there talking about 

• Like 3

Really enjoyable meeting today. Been to everyone down at Northside and have to say, that is the best racing to date. The extra dirt really helped passing massively. Could have went either way. Hope Danny King isn’t hurt badly after that unfortunate incident.

• Like 2

celina has more b4ll5 than many speedway riders and never gives up .  most entertaining rider .

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

celina has more b4ll5 than many speedway riders and never gives up .  most entertaining rider .

What’s entertaining about finishing last the majority of the time? 

• Like 1

I see Workington at home next Sunday 28th v Scunthorpe in a re arranged fixture.Tapes up 3-30pm

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Usual rubbish comment from u,the lass has guts to try and make it in what has been a male majority sport,if u think u could do better give it a go .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Very accurate assessment 

From a unbiassed poster 

The reason it's entertaining is that she trys hard 

And the comets fans are behind her more because of all the others knocking her 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

A bit like some of your reserves did over the past few years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Usual rubbish comment from u,the lass has guts to try and make it in what has been a male majority sport,if u think u could do better give it a go .

The classic you have a go comment got to love it. Like I said early take away the fact she’s female, if she wasn’t and was male would you be saying the same things probably not. 

She is averaging 1 point a meeting and she’s came up against Redcar twice who with ourselves probably have the weakest reserves in the league. Other than 1 point against borke she’s only beat Ben trigger who’s not very good and her team mate.  

You’ve been brought in on a 4 point average and your averaging 1 your not doing your job or even close to doing it, take the fact she’s female out of the equation the stats aren’t great are they? 

26 minutes ago, Neila said:

A bit like some of your reserves did over the past few years

Correct they’ve been not great either which I’ve admitted. Again they’re not much better this year young max James taking a step up into the championship and Coles hasn’t started well either.

Managed to speak to Celina in the pits prior to the meeting, she was certainly still battered and bruised from last weeks fall.

She said her right hip is fully black with blood spots, and it hurts to move. She is so determined and has definitely made an impression with Comets fans young and old at an early stage. That’s all that matters here, I don’t think we or she will care about outside negativity. She is so mentally strong and will laugh the negativity off.

Her dad Jurgen and sister, drove over from Germany with her best engine that was sitting at home. He only arrived in Workington at 10.30am yesterday morning having drove all night, and then proceeded to start working on her equipment ahead of yesterday’s meeting.

If she can get out of the start which she’ll be working on, I’m convinced she’ll start picking up good points instead of having to do it from the back.

Speedway is to me is not a tribal sport, and I don’t see comments posted here echoed around Social media platforms.
However the comments here are still fairly tame compared  to other sports. Would take these comments with a pinch of salt.

The experience at Northside is miles better than the Derwent Park days in my opinion, I wasn’t sure on the Afternoon starts at first but the numbers of families attending is really showing. All positive stuff for me!

With improvements to FIM standards coming all the time and the inclusion of a Newport style ‘New years Classic’ in the pipeline we could be running all year round on this track.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Ahh didn’t know that thanks.

They didn't, the track was too wet on the day Redcar wanted to use it for their practice session

21 hours ago, Ajr said:

Redcar used workington for winter practice so will know their way around 

They didn't. The track was too wet on the day they wanted to use it for their winter practice.

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Swindon took Jason Doyle on a 13 point plus average one year

You can't have a 13 plus average...............the maximum is 12 points...........and no one achieves that, some have come fairly close though.