British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 28/04/24 BSN 3:30pm.

The Comets take on the Scorpions in this re arranged meeting in the BSN series. 

Note : Start time is 3:30 pm.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

The Comets take on the Scorpions in this re arranged meeting in the BSN series. 

Note : Start time is 3:30 pm.

Why 3.30?

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why 3.30?

Maybe a lot of Comets fans have Church on Sundays.!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why 3.30?

Workington rugby kick off at 1pm, maybe giving fans the chance to walk the short distance after the rugby has finished to the track?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Workington rugby kick off at 1pm, maybe giving fans the chance to walk the short distance after the rugby has finished to the track?

Yes.

• Like 1

Cud be an interesting couple of meetings against scummy, as whoever wins on aggregate over 2 meetings will be in the semi final of the BSN cup, also probably a chance the losing team will also qualify as best 2nd place finisher 

• Like 1

Tough couple of meetings against scunthorpe coming up.fingers crossed comets can do the business and do enough to finish top of the group and make it a bit more relaxing and be able to sit back and relax and see what happens in the other groups as there could easily be a few twists and turns in them and make the best 2nd place very interesting.

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Cud be an interesting couple of meetings against scummy, as whoever wins on aggregate over 2 meetings will be in the semi final of the BSN cup, also probably a chance the losing team will also qualify as best 2nd place finisher 

I think if both teams win at home, they'll both go through.

Posted (edited)

It looks a tight meeting on paper. Comets have a powerhouse top 5 if they all click, but Scunny are well capable of matching them, and more with 2023 Comet, Luke Harrison at reserve along with Jack Smith, who was one of the better visitors around Northside last year in my opinion, giving them the edge in the reserve department. 

Quite hard to predict, but I think we’ll be able to make an educated guess later this afternoon once we see a few heats.

I can’t see us challenging Scunthorpe away, so this is our best chance to at least get the all important third win in the table and most likely book ourselves a place in the Semi Final as the lucky losers. This is going to be the toughest test so far for The Comets, and definitely not one to be missed. Best of luck, and I’m sure everyone in attendance will enjoy another great day of racing!

Edited by Shaggy

Posted (edited)

Any news on tate 

Just like last week with Bailey

Luke Harrison is man to compare some of our riders with 

Especially Sam 

Edited by scaramanga

Looking forward to what is a tough meeting on paper, hard to call because the Scunny heat leader form has been a bit sketchy away from the EWR . The reserves battle is important so the Comets need to see a much improved showing from Sam and Celina against their opposite numbers. Sure all the Comets will be up for this after being mauled by the Bears on Friday. Right now I would just take a win . UTC !

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Looking forward to what is a tough meeting on paper, hard to call because the Scunny heat leader form has been a bit sketchy away from the EWR . The reserves battle is important so the Comets need to see a much improved showing from Sam and Celina against their opposite numbers. Sure all the Comets will be up for this after being mauled by the Bears on Friday. Right now I would just take a win . UTC !

It’s only start of season,think the heat leaders will be ok ,all experienced riders, ,will be close but scunny victory on the cards

Scunthorpe beaten by 18 last night at Berwick but I think the Northside track will suit the Scunthorpe riders better today, should be pretty close .

48-42.

Reading the reports, Workington is more of a racers track rather than Berwick's "gate & go" so should suit us a bit more even though our heat leader trio are not scoring consistently away from home. The Workington riders are getting more dialled in to their new surroundings, scoring well towards the end of meetings as the track changes. Their top 3 should score about 30-34 & 2nd strings 10-14 so we need to be on our guard & hit them hard.

An interesting meeting to follow.

After last night, I would have thought D Howe would know a bit about Berwick's track & knowing starts are important.

With all the conspiracy theories going around about Speedway HQ at the EWR, home of "head honcho" Rob Godfrey you would think no other track has issues.(Leicester & ianb have no reason to talk).

Issues with the wiring & starting gate at Poole, issues of soft track at Redcar, starting gate at Berwick, re-laid & re-configured track at Plymouth, issues now at Workington with re-laid(new) material not bedding in leading to 3 falls on bend 4 in 5 races.

Now is it possible our lousy winter/spring weather has had a major part to play?

Not with some posters!