British Speedway Forum

Posted (edited)

Don’t think I’ll get to see the end of this. I asked the pub to put it on but it’s not going down well with the regulars and tbh I can’t argue with their criticisms. Zzzzzz

It’s now off,  in favour of music videos. Updates for me then. 

Edited by ouch
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I sm watching on Eurosport and I would say the coverage leaves a lot to be desired BSN coverage of meetings is far better

They seem to have dropped the advert break features that they used to do in previous seasons, so much for the more in depth coverage that they promised on Discovery+

Just now, ouch said:

Don’t think I’ll get to see the end of this. I asked the pub to put it on but it’s not going down well with the regulars and tbh I can’t argue with their criticisms. Zzzzzz

"The first out of the start wins"....:D

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Calling those riders tonight the 'dregs' as well as others choosing to race in the Prem is a pretty poor comment which I doubt you  would ever say to their faces.:angry:

It’s not the riders but the quality of the of what is shown. The riders deserve respect and should be given the best platform to show the or skills and  obviously all want to be on show on the likes of polish league matches. U K speedway cannot compete, poor crowds, dire stadiums and second rate television coverage. The riders are not the issue, the promotion and presentation is compared to what else is available. No way are the riders the dregs, they have the utmost respect, just give them the best platform to show off the skills they have.. If I felt it was appropriate I would say it to their faces and I am not afraid to say it as it is so that answers your last point but it is not the case, so get off off your your pedestal.

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

You can sit there getting all worked up that it’s not like the Ekstraliga but you are just kidding yourself if you think British speedway will ever be at that level again, just enjoy it for what it is, some good racing and something to watch on a Monday night

And by the way, I’ve watched plenty of crap meetings from Poland.

Same.

A fair share of meetings are dross in Poland due to how unbalanced the league is imo.

• Like 3

why is Pavlicki talking to his mechanic when Scott wants to talk to him.

• Haha 1

It's been a good meeting tbh, Good few passes with some competitive battles going on whether it's at the front or at the back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

It’s not the riders but the quality of the of what is shown. The riders deserve respect and should be given the best platform to show the or skills and  obviously all want to be on show on the likes of polish league matches. U K speedway cannot compete, poor crowds, dire stadiums and second rate television coverage. The riders are not the issue, the promotion and presentation is compared to what else is available. No way are the riders the dregs, they have the utmost respect, just give them the best platform to show off the skills they have.. If I felt it was appropriate I would say it to their faces and I am not afraid to say it as it is so that answers your last point but it is not the case, so get off off your your pedestal.

I think your expectations are far too high, and unrealistic for UK Speedway..

Over 10 tracks have closed over the past 10 years which tells you everything about its current state...

What we have is all there is, so just sit back and enjoy what is on offer...

• Like 1

Enjoyed it so far been some good racing. Lampart and Pawlicki really attacking track. I think another superheat is coming 

yes a good meeting best watch with the mute on

• Haha 1

i wish they would stop panning to Sam and Lemon between heats

4 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

UK Speedway is not in competition with any foreign league speedway. Fans watch/attend or not. UK attendances are reportedly increasing despite in some cases racing in dilapidated Stadia so the actual racing is clearly offering something that fans want. It's still 4 riders for 4 laps x 15. What's not to like!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Lidsey's gating has been awful....

Finally did it off the worst gate 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think your expectations are far too high, and unrealistic for UK Speedway..

Over 10 tracks have closed over the past 10 years which tells you everything about its current state...

What we have is all there is, so just sit back and enjoy what is on offer...

Birmingham only has one more season at PB after this one, don't they? 

Story of Brum's season is Ht 13.

• Like 1