Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY OFF FINAL - SCUNTHORPE v POOLE v SCUNTHORPE (2 & 7 October)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

I don't understand how its being labelled 'cheating' either. It's not a deliberate act, as Cook knows if he has put both wheels inside the white line it, he gets excluded and Poole lose!!!???

I also note very few are asking quite how Jacob Hook re-injured his shoulder since Friday allowing Jenkins to guest and score 7+2. And yes, I am well aware Poole have played similar moves in the past - I am not excusing it. But all those sitting high and mighty on their soap boxes are very selective with what needs reviewing 🤣

One good thing out of all this is I've added a tonne of c*ck w*mbles to my block list as they've all come out the woodwork over the past 24 hours... 

have you blocked yourself then?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, marko said:

Certainly last night I don’t think Poole cheated, they had a close call which could have gone against them but Zack didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, heck I recall years ago it was something of a in joke that Mick Poole would spend most of the season on the grass at the showground, he was famous for it.


When Havvy rode for Poole he was notorious for having his front wheel on the grass, taking the tightest inside line possible. Was his trademark around Wimbourne Road!

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, marko said:

I write this as a neutral, I am not Poole fan, or a Scunthorpe fan, I am Arena Essex, Poole have a history of getting away with things, but Godfrey is no angel either, he was a small part of the reason why the Hammers went out of business.

Anyway I digress 

Video evidence has been used at speedway for some time now and any good referee would have watched that raced and noted down the fact that they might have to look again at the footage before declaring a result.

There is no way you could call it in real time whether Cook’s rear tyre had crossed the line or not,  it needed to be examined.

The ref looked at it afterwards but only after being prompted too by David Howe, and then I suspect they would have only changed their minds had it been like with footballs VAR, not just a error, but a clear and obvious one, had speedway had someone in the pits acting as a overseer then they would not be able to overrule the decision because of that fact, some angles it did others were not conclusive.

I think Poole did deserve to be champions but not because of what happened on the night but the fact they finished top of the table.

Certainly last night I don’t think Poole cheated, they had a close call which could have gone against them but Zack didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, heck I recall years ago it was something of a in joke that Mick Poole would spend most of the season on the grass at the showground, he was famous for it.

In summary, the ref could have handled it a lot better, the refereeing standards as a whole in this country have been very poor to put it nicely.

Andy Hines was also famous for his shortcut coming out 4th bend at Peterborough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny, I'm yet to see one Poole fan say "Do you know what, he could have been over the line, we might have got way with one there..."

Thing is, there was one in the first leg as well, which if it had been punished (and it should have been because there was absolutely no doubt about that one!) then a Super Heat wouldn't have been needed and this conversation wouldn't be happening.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WookieboyDon said:

Funny, I'm yet to see one Poole fan say "Do you know what, he could have been over the line, we might have got way with one there..."

Thing is, there was one in the first leg as well, which if it had been punished (and it should have been because there was absolutely no doubt about that one!) then a Super Heat wouldn't have been needed and this conversation wouldn't be happening.

I said last night it looks 99.9% over does that count 🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was not replying to your Post you pratt.The relevance is in the post I replied too.🤡

 

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was not replying to your Post you pratt.The relevance is in the post I replied too.🤡

Calm down princess, you can’t be so abusive to a member of the public, it’s not 1980 now unlike your posts 💦💦

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

 

Calm down princess, you can’t be so abusive to a member of the public, it’s not 1980 now unlike your posts 💦💦

Get back down your rathole, and stay there.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s not abusive it’s my opinion 🤡

 

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s not abusive it’s my opinion 🤡

He ought to be named Track prat

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

.....Some great overtaking on a track that a lot of fans say can’t be done.🤔

The only reason there was more overtaking than normal was due to the overnight rain. The sight of the grader being driven the "wrong way" round the track to move the shale from the inside to the outside speaks volumes. Poole wanted the usual slick as a badger's ar*e inside track to "race" on as they couldn't deal with anything else. And thanks heavens the track was so deep and unpredictable so that we saw some real racing by competitors who can adapt to such conditions.

I enjoyed this meeting. Pity it ended with a controversy we might never hear the end of. Oh well, we're facing a long winter. Got to talk about something eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The only reason there was more overtaking than normal was due to the overnight rain. The sight of the grader being driven the "wrong way" round the track to move the shale from the inside to the outside speaks volumes. Poole wanted the usual slick as a badger's ar*e inside track to "race" on as they couldn't deal with anything else. And thanks heavens the track was so deep and unpredictable so that we saw some real racing by competitors who can adapt to such conditions.

I enjoyed this meeting. Pity it ended with a controversy we might never hear the end of. Oh well, we're facing a long winter. Got to talk about something eh?

There was some decent racing that’s the main thing.we have put up with slick track mainly because of rider demands .IMO Even at Glasgow it’s only Bomber that can handle heavy track.!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy