Trackrat Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 2 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said: I don't understand how its being labelled 'cheating' either. It's not a deliberate act, as Cook knows if he has put both wheels inside the white line it, he gets excluded and Poole lose!!!??? I also note very few are asking quite how Jacob Hook re-injured his shoulder since Friday allowing Jenkins to guest and score 7+2. And yes, I am well aware Poole have played similar moves in the past - I am not excusing it. But all those sitting high and mighty on their soap boxes are very selective with what needs reviewing 🤣 One good thing out of all this is I've added a tonne of c*ck w*mbles to my block list as they've all come out the woodwork over the past 24 hours... have you blocked yourself then? 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bleeds Pirate Blue Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 10 minutes ago, marko said: Certainly last night I don’t think Poole cheated, they had a close call which could have gone against them but Zack didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, heck I recall years ago it was something of a in joke that Mick Poole would spend most of the season on the grass at the showground, he was famous for it. When Havvy rode for Poole he was notorious for having his front wheel on the grass, taking the tightest inside line possible. Was his trademark around Wimbourne Road! Edited 1 hour ago by Bleeds Pirate Blue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fromafar Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 11 minutes ago, marko said: I write this as a neutral, I am not Poole fan, or a Scunthorpe fan, I am Arena Essex, Poole have a history of getting away with things, but Godfrey is no angel either, he was a small part of the reason why the Hammers went out of business. Anyway I digress Video evidence has been used at speedway for some time now and any good referee would have watched that raced and noted down the fact that they might have to look again at the footage before declaring a result. There is no way you could call it in real time whether Cook’s rear tyre had crossed the line or not,  it needed to be examined. The ref looked at it afterwards but only after being prompted too by David Howe, and then I suspect they would have only changed their minds had it been like with footballs VAR, not just a error, but a clear and obvious one, had speedway had someone in the pits acting as a overseer then they would not be able to overrule the decision because of that fact, some angles it did others were not conclusive. I think Poole did deserve to be champions but not because of what happened on the night but the fact they finished top of the table. Certainly last night I don’t think Poole cheated, they had a close call which could have gone against them but Zack didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, heck I recall years ago it was something of a in joke that Mick Poole would spend most of the season on the grass at the showground, he was famous for it. In summary, the ref could have handled it a lot better, the refereeing standards as a whole in this country have been very poor to put it nicely. Andy Hines was also famous for his shortcut coming out 4th bend at Peterborough. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trackrat Posted 46 minutes ago Report Share Posted 46 minutes ago 30 minutes ago, Fromafar said: Andy Hines was also famous for his shortcut coming out 4th bend at Peterborough. Relevance 0 out of 10. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WookieboyDon Posted 31 minutes ago Report Share Posted 31 minutes ago Funny, I'm yet to see one Poole fan say "Do you know what, he could have been over the line, we might have got way with one there..." Thing is, there was one in the first leg as well, which if it had been punished (and it should have been because there was absolutely no doubt about that one!) then a Super Heat wouldn't have been needed and this conversation wouldn't be happening. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.