British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Tough Season Ahead?

Is it going to be a case of batten down the hatches and just try to get through without too many losses?

Not only do we have the Euro Football finals in june/july,but the Olympics in august and now NASA are predicting terrible weather for april + may!!!! At least march should be relatively mild,so a good start at least to the season

Is it going to be a case of batten down the hatches and just try to get through without too many losses?

Not only do we have the Euro Football finals in june/july,but the Olympics in august and now NASA are predicting terrible weather for april + may!!!! At least march should be relatively mild,so a good start at least to the season

Chances are there will be a couple of promotions who put out a statement saying that unless crowds improve they will close down, somewhere along the line there will be a fixture backlog because of the weather. Probably an injury crisis and a shortage of riders causing the usual complaints about guests. Much like every other season really.

• Like 3

I would love to know how anyone can have any idea what the weather will be doing in two months time.

• Like 3

I would love to know how anyone can have any idea what the weather will be doing in two months time.

Very true Gordon. In the autumn, we were told we would be in for a very harsh winter!......so far??

• Like 2

Very true Gordon. In the autumn, we were told we would be in for a very harsh winter!......so far??

Even on German tv I saw lots of flooding in England.Did you miss that Ray?Didn't look like good weather to me.And the US+A got hit by very harsh weather on the news.But I get the point with two months ahead,half the time they can't predict the weather two days ahead......

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

In recent years every season seems the same. How some tracks survive on such low crowds never ceases to amaze me!

• Like 5

Americans have been known to be wrong before.....

Project haarp

I thought one of the most interesting comments from last Sunday's fans forum were the very robust statements from Buster to the effect that there were no clubs in financial difficulties.

Someone picked him up on this and turned to Rob Godfrey who was sitting next to Buster and reminded Rob that he said Scunny might close midway through last season. In effect Rob's answer was 'I was a bit pissed off at the time'

• Like 1

Promoters in trouble??? What cars were in the car park?? Always a good sign!! :-)

Promoters in trouble??? What cars were in the car park?? Always a good sign!! :-)

Or a good sign of another profitable business. :wink:

if your club has to travel from Plymouth to Glasgow, I think you not likely to travel in an old

banger

I thought one of the most interesting comments from last Sunday's fans forum were the very robust statements from Buster to the effect that there were no clubs in financial difficulties.

Someone picked him up on this and turned to Rob Godfrey who was sitting next to Buster and reminded Rob that he said Scunny might close midway through last season. In effect Rob's answer was 'I was a bit pissed off at the time'

Well it hasn't been a great start to the season and that is without the NASA weather and the clash of big sporting events,which are still to come......

Even on German tv I saw lots of flooding in England.Did you miss that Ray?Didn't look like good weather to me.And the US+A got hit by very harsh weather on the news.But I get the point with two months ahead,half the time they can't predict the weather two days ahead......

There hasn't been much snow or ice.

There hasn't been much snow or ice.

No.Really hit the ice speedway season on the continent,that did

Think they only managed 1 meeting in CZ,1 in Austria,none in Switzerland or Poland for example......

Edited by iris123