British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WalterPlinge

Refereeing Cock-up At Swindon V Belle Vue Ko Cup

No we didn't.

It's all about if your face fits and ours hasn't for decades.

This will be no different, the deficit will remain at 11 whatever our manager does.

I guarantee that the result will be amended today by deducting BWD`s score in heat 12.

Edited by racers and royals

I guarantee that the result will be amended today by deducting BWD`s score in heat 12.

I do hope that you are right.

It certainly should be. I made sure the BV management were aware of the infringement before the meeting was over, during the ridiculous lenghty 'grading break' between Heat 13 and 14. That's, of course, if he hadn't already been spotted down the pits.

As already pointed out, it's a matter of fact that BWD was not allowed to replace Musielak.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

The inference from the regulations is that an appeal must be made before the following heat? Assuming I have read that correctly. Or are you saying, that the SCB can arbitrarily amend the result irrespective of whether an appeal was made by BV?

Seems the referee had a nightmare at Swindon tonight with Tobias Musielak's rides.

Heat 9 - Musielak moves again at the start. Already having been given a warning in heat 3 he should be disqualified (no replacement permitted in order to take his 3 programmed rides). However referee seems to forget the previous warning and gives him a second warning. Musielak gets to complete his second ride of the night - albeit it with a fell/disqualified.

I think the ref was right. The rules state:

15.3. A Starting Offence is considered to have been committed in the following circumstances: -

Gate Preparation after the expiry of the 2-minute allowance.
When a rider’s motorcycle touches or breaks the starting tapes whilst the green starting light is on or prevents the raising of the start gate.
And fails to comply with: -
Art 5.4.4 (riding across the infield prior to a heat) *
Art 15.2.2 (returning into the pits)
Art 15.2.4 (failure to meet the 2-minute time allowance)
Art 15.2.8 (not obeying the Start Marshal instructions)
A second offence, following an official warning during the meeting for incorrectly preparing the start gate area, disobeying the start marshal and moving during the illumination of the green light before the tapes are released.

Therefore, having already been exclused for a "second offence" in heat 3, he effectively has to offend again twice to get excluded.

That's my interpretation anyway.

I agree with your assessment of heat 12 though.

Surely, if something is down to referee error, then it should stand? It would be the refs responsibility to notice any rule infringements and act on that.

I bet old Lucifer Sam could barely contain his excitement at the prospect of Swindon being deducted points though. It's worth it happening just as an act of kindness to him!

Surely, if something is down to referee error, then it should stand? It would be the refs responsibility to notice any rule infringements and act on that.

I bet old Lucifer Sam could barely contain his excitement at the prospect of Swindon being deducted points though. It's worth it happening just as an act of kindness to him!

Grachan, cheers mate. :t:

Seriously though, if a rider has taken an illegal ride, surely it has to be pointed out.

All the best

Rob

The inference from the regulations is that an appeal must be made before the following heat? Assuming I have read that correctly. Or are you saying, that the SCB can arbitrarily amend the result irrespective of whether an appeal was made by BV?

The SCB must amend the result and can do irrespective of any protest- especially as this is a 2 legged contest. Also scorechart still not up on BSPA website.

Should have been thrown out of the meeting

then maybe riders will get a strong message not to cheat!

Grachan, cheers mate. :t:

Seriously though, if a rider has taken an illegal ride, surely it has to be pointed out.

All the best

Rob

What should have happened, and I've seen it before, is that the ref should have put the red lights on as the riders came to the tapes and informed them that Musielak had to come in of 15m or Swindon go with just one rider.

Looking at how long the meeting took, though, I guess you deserved this minor moment of entertainment! :)

Neil Watson has correctly stated the position.

It is a matter of fact.

Whether you chose to believe it is up to you.

However it remains a fact.

Think of it like football where the ball hits the side netting and the ref erroneously awards a goal. NO MATTER HOW CLEAR THE VIDEO EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY, THE GOAL STANDS.

It is a matter of fact.

Think of it like football where the ball hits the side netting and the ref erroneously awards a goal. NO MATTER HOW CLEAR THE VIDEO EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY, THE GOAL STANDS.

How come the Poole illegal 5% for an away guest at Peterborough was amended the following day- no difference here.

It is a matter of fact.

Poor analogy.

This wasn't a refereeing decision on who was excluded from a race.

It was a rider taking an ineligible ride. If a football club fields an ineligible player, then they have points deducted (Oxford United fell foul of this a few years ago).

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

It's a sad fact that a fan has to point out the rules to the people involved in running the meeting. ! The answer will no doubt be the " interpretation " of the rule as normal.

• Like 2