British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

The usual double standards in speedway with the decisions seemingly being based on who/what team is involved. Who decides on Hammers' objection and when? If UO rides and is then deemed to be ineligible, his points would be deducted as is the norm.

What a farce this season is turning out to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TonyE said:

The usual double standards in speedway with the decisions seemingly being based on who/what team is involved. Who decides on Hammers' objection and when? If UO rides and is then deemed to be ineligible, his points would be deducted as is the norm.

These sort of decisions are generally made early to avoid problems on race days, I must be honest and say I thought he would be ineligible but the abandonment theory sounds likely. Has their been a Hammers objection to him riding ?

It will be interesting to see how many Peterborough supporters turn up tonight, as it was quite a healthy turn out Sunday.

Edited by bigcatdiary
Grammar

19 minutes ago, marko said:

Been mentioned on twitter there is a lot of talk about Ulrich riding after being sick on Sunday, Normally this would mean you can't ride for seven days but apparently this didn't count as the meeting was abandoned, however that rule did not apply to Richard Lawson earlier in the season when he missed a meeting which was also abandoned and was subsequently banned from riding for seven days.

Where is the consistency?

11 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Wonder who UO will be travelling with? as he got rid of his rental van last week before he went on the sick?

Unless he is hiring an Austin Allegro for the day and strapping his bike on the back!!!

Conspiracy theorists discuss!!! 

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

These sort of decisions are generally made early to avoid problems on race days, I must be honest and say I thought he would be ineligible but the abandonment theory sounds likely. Has their been a Hammers objection to him riding ?

It will be interesting to see how many Peterborough supporters turn up tonight, as it was quite a healthy turn out Sunday.

If you add the cost of sundays farce to tonights admission and travel, it all adds up to a fair few quid for people to find. I'm expecting a poor turn out. The fans goodwill only goes so far.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake

23 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Lakeside have stated on their website that they will object to his inclusion using the fact that earlier this season Richard Lawson had become ill prior to the league fixture at Workington. This too was abandoned (Dan Bewley injury) yet he received a 7 day ban, missing two further matches, at Newcastle plus one for Somerset.

• Like 1

Dont know that objecting to Ostergard is a good idea ..Peterborough could end up with a guest that is better than him..?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, waco said:

Dont know that objecting to Ostergard is a good idea ..Peterborough could end up with a guest that is better than him..?

Or they could be forced into riding someone even weaker, bearing in mind it’s clearly been difficult getting guests as it is.

If it’s a foregone conclusion before it’s raced it will be one man and his dog watching.

54 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sunday is probably the key word here - a mid-week evening is a totally different scenario. Perhaps the thought that this could be the Panthers last ever appearance (I sincerely hope it is not) may play a part too.

Have to agree big cat i dont miss normally but am considering not going ,,what with the weekday traffic trying to get there ,,and a feeling the lights may go out again or some other catastrophy in the stadium..poor racing there,,,, ,meeting draggin on ..... the cold.. ..It just does not seem worth the effort......

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Wonder who UO will be travelling with? as he got rid of his rental van last week before he went on the sick?

Unless he is hiring an Austin Allegro for the day and strapping his bike on the back!!!

Conspiracy theorists discuss!!! 

Regards
THJ

As long as he told the promotion when he signed all is good :D

After the farce of allowing Morris to guest in the PL play offs in breach of the rules I was pleased to see that the BSPA abided by them in ordering the restaging of this meeting. Unfortunately, just to show how consistently inconsistent they are, they now allow Ostergaard to ride.

If the sport is to be taken seriously it has to apply the rules consistently and fairly. If a rule is shown to be stupid or unworkable you change the rule, you don't make a decision which breaks that rule. In these particular cases the rules are sensible and should have been followed in all three cases.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

After the farce of allowing Morris to guest in the PL play offs in breach of the rules I was pleased to see that the BSPA abided by them in ordering the restaging of this meeting. Unfortunately, just to show how consistently inconsistent they are, they now allow Ostergaard to ride.

If the sport is to be taken seriously it has to apply the rules consistently and fairly. If a rule is shown to be stupid or unworkable you change the rule, you don't make a decision which breaks that rule. In these particular cases the rules are sensible and should have been followed in all three cases.

Where does it say Ostergaard will be allowed to race? The last I saw was Lakeside - correctly - objecting to his inclusion

Jeez..... Can ANY of the "promoters" in speedway 2018 behave like grown ups ? They remind me of a bunch of schoolboys arguing over a game of conkers .

Quite honestly given the schoolboy behaviour I would like to see P'  Boro drop Ostergard and be allowed special dispensation to ride Chris Harris at number 1 forthe Panthers ... after all Bomber has already won the KO Cup and P.Offs in the premiership  for Poole and Somerset

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And I hope the Hammers are making this objection early enough to allow the Panthers to find a guest rider, as opposed to letting them turn up with Ulrich and then slapping a protest into the hands of the ref, like a certain club did with us earlier in the season even though they knew there was an error.

Applying the rules doesn't mean it has to be done in an unsportsmanlike way.

4 minutes ago, marko said:

And I hope the Hammers are making this objection early enough to allow the Panthers to find a guest rider, as opposed to letting them turn up with Ulrich and then slapping a protest into the hands of the ref, like a certain club did with us earlier in the season even though they knew there was an error.

Applying the rules doesn't mean it has to be done in an unsportsmanlike way.

Sportsmanlike? Sportsmanship? There hasn't been anything Sporting about British Speedway for a very long time. Lying, cheating, devious, dishonest, crooked, bent and every spin on those words that are in Roget's Thesaurus are more apt descriptions than Sportsmanlike !

• Like 1