British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole Pirates v Kent Kings Wednesday 30th June 2021

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

I said after reading last week's Star that Len wants an upgraded NDL to escape back to in 2022 and more convinced after tonight. 

Scott rolled back the years on a bumpy track he's no great fan of. Starke gave 100% as always the rest were well below par. 

Can't see Kent in CL without Scott and I'm sure he could still name his price in 2022 for any CL team he can fit his TV work around. 

Poole look sure to be in play offs provided they finish the season. 

Decent streaming 

Track was certainly not bumpy. Nice and smooth. New track men’s from Somerset have taken out the bumps.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Coverage was decent. Not much of a match though. Kent not really at the races despite Nicholls and Starke providing the highlights in terms of passing.

Yes, this time they had score captions which was a lot better! 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track was certainly not bumpy. Nice and smooth. New track men’s from Somerset have taken out the bumps.

Yes, track is a lot better these days! Some people need to put their specs on :D

• Haha 1

Kent bar Scott Nicholls were second best all night. Nicholls for me took rider of the night he beat & passed most of the Pirates on a night where he was ploughing a lone furrow.

I spoke to the lads doing the live stream & they said they had excellent co-operation with the Referee for all the changes. 

8 hours ago, BobC said:

Thank goodness for Scott Nicholls. He made his passes on King and Worrall look so effortless. Vintage stuff from him. Brilliant to watch. Beyond him, only Paul Starke offered any kind of resistance.

Really pleased for Danyon Hume. No other League racing for him. Looks very quick and fully deserved his rider of the night from Wessex Marine.

You can only beat whats in front of you, but I cant say it was particularly exciting.

I have  been a supporter of Danyon from day one Bob and overall his speedway career has been a chequered one.Had a great start at Ipswich then had that bad injury ironically at Poole came back and was superb for Birmingham.For Leicester he was outstanding yet lesser riders were getting chances at Championship level mainly because of his average from Ipswich.Really hope he keeps his form going he certainly entertains is his average to high..? to go NL as well as that might help his match race fitness.To be doing as well as he is by riding only one league is very encouraging you at Poole seem to have an exciting seven with plenty of improvement to come.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HGould said:

I said after reading last week's Star that Len wants an upgraded NDL to escape back to in 2022 and more convinced after tonight. 

Scott rolled back the years on a bumpy track he's no great fan of. Starke gave 100% as always the rest were well below par. 

Can't see Kent in CL without Scott and I'm sure he could still name his price in 2022 for any CL team he can fit his TV work around. 

Decent streaming 

Far from bumpy, best its been for years, dust just started to appear in the last few races 

• Like 2

Poole part company with Zane Keleher, has signed for Plymouth 

Edited by Arthur54

27 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Poole part company with Zane Keleher, has signed for Plymouth 

It’s a shame for Zane, especially after coming over last year and waiting around for any racing, none of which happened for him. 
He was much hyped, especially by Dick Barrie, but it was a lot to expect a 27 year old (now 28?) to be able to mix it in what is a competitive league. 14 points from 19 rides shows how much he has struggled. 
But, will Garry May work his magic on him at Plymouth and will Zane come back to bite Poole on the backside in the second leg of the KO cup?

9 hours ago, HGould said:

Decent streaming 

How do you know what Scott thinks about the Poole track? Hes never complained about it before. No reason to moan about last night either. He always rides our place well, last night he was superb. Never gives less than 100% .A few of our younger Brits would do well to use Scott as a role model in commitment and attitude.

I didnt notice the 'bumpy' track. When the riders were interviewed after Ht15, they all said the track was good.

Shame we have parted ways with Zane, He was riding in the notoriously difficult No2.I thought he was making steady progress. A spell at reserve might just have helped him. I suppose thats what this is all about. Poole want to keep Cook and Hume at reserve for as long as possible and we do have points to play with. 

I am a big fan of Danyon. Loved watching him at NL level and I was delighted when we signed him. Beginning to sort himself out at Poole. Looking very fast and determined. So pleased for him.

Both Danyon and Steve Worrall have quickly become my 2021 favourites. Steve is so classy on a bike. I do wonder if he hadnt broken his leg when he did, just how much better he would be. Then I suppose, we may not have him at Poole.

I think this Poole team are settling in well and getting better with each meeting. Eastbourne, Glasgow, Leicester and Poole are my top four. Write us off at your peril.

• Like 1

I know there was a live stream for this match - is it possible to purchase and view this afterwards or will there be a DVD of the meeting at all?

50 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I know there was a live stream for this match - is it possible to purchase and view this afterwards or will there be a DVD of the meeting at all?

Can't remember how long for but you can view it after it's shown. Maybe like 7-14 days..? Something like that!

Edit - it's actually up to 30 days after and as many times as you like! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

It’s a shame for Zane, especially after coming over last year and waiting around for any racing, none of which happened for him. 
He was much hyped, especially by Dick Barrie, but it was a lot to expect a 27 year old (now 28?) to be able to mix it in what is a competitive league. 14 points from 19 rides shows how much he has struggled. 
But, will Garry May work his magic on him at Plymouth and will Zane come back to bite Poole on the backside in the second leg of the KO cup?

Maybe Poole released him for other reasons than just his track performance?  Matt Ford's statement about not wanting him as a club asset speaks volumes imo!!

And theres me thinking Robert Lambert was the 'ruthless' one??!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Poole released him for other reasons than just his track performance?  Matt Ford's statement about not wanting him as a club asset speaks volumes imo!!

And theres me thinking Robert Lambert was the 'ruthless' one??!

I thought it might be for something else as the statement was a bit harsh. But he comes over as really professional esp on SM, so I don't get it! 

Kent are very short on heat leaders at the moment with Heeps still struggling with a shoulder injury,,and Starke while consistant is not winning races as a heat leader should..this with rider replacement for the retired Bacon and Hurry  unable to score points,,all this plus ,replacement riders very thin on the ground suggests that unfortunatly the Kings .are going to find things very difficult unless things change,,.. and the sooner the better in my opinion.............

pre season everybody knew the worst sgning in living memory was hurry on a 5+ average, it impacts on the whole side too, massive surgery needed to that kent side