British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Robert Lambert won the British title in 2018.

The meeting should be compulsory for all riders that hold an ACU license if invited.

Imagine a Pole missing the Polish Final without good reason.  Back in the day a rider would have copped a ban for missing the British Final, shame the powers that be have become so weak.

My apologies, yes Robert Lambert as won the British Final :t:

Not my fault it's me brain! :rofl:

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So far away for many fans to consider. Would have thought a more central track would have attracted more fans. 

9 hours return trip plus traffic and 400 miles driving. I'll watch it on TV!

8 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Tough choice between Bewley and Ellis for the win in the end went for a top four of 

Bewley

Ellis

Cook

Harris.

well see...

I'd fancy Lawson ahead of those latter two.

49 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Plenty of Poles don't do the Polish final each year.  There would be about 50 riders competing in it if they all did it!

They had a number of qualifying meetings to determine the line up for the final at Leszno.  Only Janowski and Zmarzlik were seeded directly to the final I think.

13 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Connor Coles not allowed to be a reserve as he rode on the IOW last week. Farcical from the BSPL

So the powers that be can rule with a rod of iron on things that don't matter?

But they can't stage the national final on a decent day of the week and insist on the top riders turning up so they get a big crowd in. Hilarious as usual.

And the bloke from Bowen's pies is the only person they can get to ride at reserve.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, CB252 said:

So the powers that be can rule with a rod of iron on things that don't matter?

But they can't stage the national final on a decent day of the week and insist on the top riders turning up so they get a big crowd in. Hilarious as usual.

And the bloke from Bowen's pies is the only person they can get to ride at reserve.

Like I said its Farcical from the BSPL. 

If I was in Manchester I'd get 16 Baseball caps emblazoned with Justice for Connor Coles on them and get the riders to wear them 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

I'm surprised that Lambert isn't in this meeting full stop. Considering he hasn't won it u would've thought he would want to av a crack at it.

Tai certainly wouldn't need to practice on the track now as there will be a practice a day or so prior to the SON final. This will also be the same for Robert. 

It's a shame that they both don't compete in the British Final especially with Robert at the moment. 

I do understand Tai's reasoning why he doesn't do it and he as a choice.The main thing is the way speedway as developed with for example the Grand Prix and the qualifying system. The British Final, as we know, is no longer a part of the qualifying system so when you've won it 3 times wot is there left to prove especially when he doesn't ride over here anymore. 

Good job ivan didnt think the same after 3 world titles !

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Good job ivan didnt think the same after 3 world titles !

Ivan had 3 world titles in 1970. He doesn't appear in the top 3 of the New Zealand Championship in 1970, 1971, 1972 or 1973 - or indeed in any before that.

I'm sure he would have at least once had ridden. Maybe he was based in another country?

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

Info for anyone traveling.

There is currently a lack of parking at NSS at moment, there is usually 3 car parks onsite, one is being used as a covid test centre, another one has been half used as vaccination centre and the other half is for staff and permits. The huge Showcase cinema car park across the road has now been demolished so is a massive loss and the greyhound stadium is being demolished. That only leaves the school just down the road with 200 spaces, parking in there tomorrow has been put up from £3 usually to £5 tomorrow. There is quite a lot of street parking around but advice getting there early. The council need to come up with a plan for the SoN.

Forgot to mention about this too

44 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Tough choice between Bewley and Ellis for the win in the end went for a top four of 

Bewley

Ellis

Cook

Harris.

well see...

Aussie Schlein and Danny King won’t be far away IMo.

20 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Ivan had 3 world titles in 1970. He doesn't appear in the top 3 of the New Zealand Championship in 1970, 1971, 1972 or 1973 - or indeed in any before that.

I'm sure he would have at least once had ridden. Maybe he was based in another country?

Usually in Australia for our winter

34 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Like I said its Farcical from the BSPL. 

If I was in Manchester I'd get 16 Baseball caps emblazoned with Justice for Connor Coles on them and get the riders to wear them 

Is it time for the other riders to go down on bended knee? "JUSTICE FOR CONNOR"

On rain radar, it is showing a bit of natural watering within the hour but blowing eastwards to clear quickly.