British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well done to the Panthers but what has happened to your track, has Buster destroyed it like he has Kings Lynn, if that was a normal meeting you would all be moaning about no passing and one line, it was only the incredible effort from the rider's and some rider errors that made the racing as good as it was which wouldn't have happened in a league meeting. 

Ain't most passing in Speedway down to rider error?? A quicker rider behind always makes the rider in front pull defensive moves. 

This has to be the most nonsense post on here. The racing was terrific.

Belle Vue v Peterborough I hope is the final for the next 30yrs until others get better tracks in all honesty 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

All depends on points limit, your 6 currently is 41.37, points limit this year was 35.5.

Theres going to be a clutch of 6-7pt  riders that may miss out if the limit isnt increased and with the rider availability in the Uk deminished cant see the limit staying as it is, if the aces stick with Bewley for example hes going to use a fair % of your limit and your team will need to be ripped apart along with all the other teams.

Will they see sence and raise the limit so that those who want to ride in the Uk can still do so time will tell.

You used Bewley in ht7 at home and ht9 away  v Sheffield i think , moving the ht13 reserve to ht6 last night gave the Panthers further fuel to hit you hard during that period and a TM like Rob Lyon would of picked up on that for sure ,that period was 3 5-1s and a 4-2 & a 2-4 , the 3 5-1s won Panthers the match  . Losing the 10pt lead monday also hurt you harder than you would of hoped ,  .

If Glasgow want Ulrich back next season as i think hes still a Peterborough asset,  then i would ask for Tom Brennan in exchange loans, hes been the most improved RS this season and the way he handled the pressure in the races he was under pressure was very impressive he will go far for a rider who cut his teeth on the small Eastbourne track he can ride both big and small tracks an art these days.

Edited by scoobydoo

23 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Was surprised that Ulrich wasn't in the celebrations at the end in his kevlars like Hans.

Probably because he was in Denmark, it makes team photographs quite difficult.

• Haha 3

Well done to both teams for putting on a great show over the two legs, some good racing at both venues but especially at the NSS, man of the finals Dan Bewley for "THAT" pass alone.

Strange decision to put Etheridge in Heat 6 (i think) as rider replacement!

Congratulations to the Panthers , "They dont like it up em":D

2 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Probably because he was in Denmark, it makes team photographs quite difficult.

He was there for the semi just thought he would be there also for the final , 

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ain't most passing in Speedway down to rider error?? A quicker rider behind always makes the rider in front pull defensive moves. 

This has to be the most nonsense post on here. The racing was terrific.

Belle Vue v Peterborough I hope is the final for the next 30yrs until others get better tracks in all honesty 

Just thought the track could be better and the racing would be even better, I agree it was a great meeting. When I have been before after about heat 4 the grip moved to the outside to give more lines you could race on. The meeting against Wolves could have been better too. 

Although this seasons British League top tier is probably the most farcical ever in the history of our sport, I will still happily congratulate Peterborough on their success, they were the best of the six teams over the course of the season, not just at the end.

The form of Ulrich prior to his injury was the main reason for that, to have a reserve progress to a number one thus meaning a heat leader standard rider would almost always be at reserve was a masterstroke as was the general team build that many had written off.

• Like 1

Belle Vue winning twice at Peterborough had no effect whatsoever last night which was interesting

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Theres going to be a clutch of 6-7pt  riders that may miss out if the limit isnt increased and with the rider availability in the Uk deminished cant see the limit staying as it is, if the aces stick with Bewley for example hes going to use a fair % of your limit and your team will need to be ripped apart along with all the other teams.

Will they see sence and raise the limit so that those who want to ride in the Uk can still do so time will tell.

You used Bewley in ht7 at home and ht9 away  v Sheffield i think , moving the ht13 reserve to ht6 last night gave the Panthers further fuel to hit you hard during that period and a TM like Rob Lyon would of picked up on that for sure ,that period was 3 5-1s and a 4-2 & a 2-4 , the 3 5-1s won Panthers the match  . Losing the 10pt lead monday also hurt you harder than you would of hoped ,  .

If Glasgow want Ulrich back next season as i think hes still a Peterborough asset,  then i would ask for Tom Brennan in exchange loans, hes been the most improved RS this season and the way he handled the pressure in the races he was under pressure was very impressive he will go far for a rider who cut his teeth on the small Eastbourne track he can ride both big and small tracks an art these days.

Glasgow signed Tom on a full transfer so can’t see us loaning him out.

Really depends on league structure and what league we are in if we are still championship then I guess Tom will decide who he rides for in the premiership.

Aside from the superb racing - congrats to Peterborough and Bjarne in particular - what about the terrific numbers in attendance and atmosphere. This was commented on several times by riders and commentary team alike.

I sincerely hope BSPL/Eurosport and any other media partners can use the 2 Final meetings to 'promote' our sport far and wide, as despite all the moaning and negativity on forums like this, there are still superbly entertaining speedway meetings at all levels and on decent tracks happening across the country every week!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Glasgow signed Tom on a full transfer so can’t see us loaning him out.

Really depends on league structure and what league we are in if we are still championship then I guess Tom will decide who he rides for in the premiership.

Yes he does much the same that Ulrich will decide were he rides , was just thinking of the possibilities of him riding elsewhere in the premiership,  Cookie did his job last nignt he was unfortunate to have the bike issue in ht9 lucky to be in rerun but he finished 4th on his second bike anyway , just make sure Glasgow dont let the Pie rats win anything Ok

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Belle Vue winning twice at Peterborough had no effect whatsoever last night which was interesting

The final was always going to be two one off meetings  nothing that had gone on previous was never going to have any relevance but some aces fans seemed to think that winning at the showground twice meant they would automatically win again which as it proved was far from the case.

• Like 1

Congratulation to The Panthers... certainly the better team over the two excellent legs...

But if I was an Aces fan I'd be feeling mightily disappointed...

Firstly by some strange decisions by your team manager... Rob Lyon sure showed Lemon how it should be done...

But also... with Brennan and Etheridge beating the likes of Harris, Nicholls, Pedersen and Cook, I reckon it shows that Peterbro could have been there for the taking but the Worrall's and Charles Wright just weren't up to the task... and they let you down big time!!! 

Finally a word for MPT... to ride like that with his hand in the state it was... just amazing...

• Like 1

Fantastic attention to detail on the write up from the SGB website

Skipper Scott Nicholls and Rising Star youngster Dan Bewley clinched the title with a 4-2 in Heat 14 after the Panthers had briefly been delayed by a stunning ride by Aces No.1 Dan Bewley to come from the back and win Heat 13.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Just thought the track could be better and the racing would be even better, I agree it was a great meeting. When I have been before after about heat 4 the grip moved to the outside to give more lines you could race on. The meeting against Wolves could have been better too. 

You also need the riders to make it a greater meeting than what it was .Dan Bewlay showed the Belle Vue guys how to do it but they didn’t have the talent.