British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not being ageist are you Skidder??!:nono:;)

Not ageist - just wondering if he's got a Championship winner mentality at his tender age? He's always been a bit 'hot and cold' on previous visits to Wimborne Road.

I also don't want to be sexist so I won't mention anything about his wife either!!!;););):rolleyes:

(ps. I did say previously that Matt and Danny's initial 1-7 had changed at least twice due to 'the unexpected availability of riders'!)

Edited by Skidder1

The son of God be under a lot of pressure if this move happens. Sounds like most Poole fans want brother Steve, couple average meetings get bit of grief from the terraces promotion under pressure to replace him. Seen it happen before

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hans Andersen? He once called riding Eastbourne like 'riding round a toilet seat' on his first ever visit! I guess he's changed his opinion on the tight tracks then!! 

That made me laugh :D I assume that was to do with the irregular shape of the first two bends compared to the opposite end if the track as much as the size.

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

How many title-winning teams has Lawson ridden for? He'll also be 36 in 2022!!:blink:

I really don't think age matters any more in speedway, particularly in our leagues. P'boro proved that! 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

The son of God be under a lot of pressure if this move happens. Sounds like most Poole fans want brother Steve, couple average meetings get bit of grief from the terraces promotion under pressure to replace him. Seen it happen before

As always - its a numbers game!

• Like 1

Whoever wears the Skull & Crossbones will make them twice the rider they were before and we will Win everything again!

Anyone fancy a cuppa & a slice of cake?

:party:

Must admit not a fan of greebo. Seems a strange signing if true. Would certainly keep Danny K and steve W over him. Unless he comes in to replace Rory S. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Must admit not a fan of greebo. Seems a strange signing if true. Would certainly keep Danny K and steve W over him. Unless he comes in to replace Rory S. 

greebo ?

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That made me laugh :D I assume that was to do with the irregular shape of the first two bends compared to the opposite end if the track as much as the size.

I really don't think age matters any more in speedway, particularly in our leagues. P'boro proved that! 

I didn't think about it too deeply tbh! I think it may have been during a tv interview on sky sports or local media. Would have been 20 years ago now!:o

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

greebo ?

A slang term in some parts to describe a long haired unkempt rocker type. 

A term some of us would have seen as a badge of honour 40 years ago

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So Richard Lawson released by Plymouth and replaced by Hans Andersen!! Didn't see that coming despite the rumours.

I'd heard he was offered a better deal with Poole so chose to move, not 'released by Plymouth' in the way you've put it.  Same result though.

Well with Hans going to Plymouth now. Sounds like the Lawson to Poole is true backing up King. Worrall to Oxford now or Scunthorpe? With the suggested team and Basso does return if fixtures can be planned it will mean Ben Cook out to give us some options for third HL. I would now go for a top 3 of Duggy, King & Lawson. Rumours on here Kemp has signed on a 3.55 average. 

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well with Hans going to Plymouth now. Sounds like the Lawson to Poole is true backing up King. Worrall to Oxford now or Scunthorpe? With the suggested team and Basso does return if fixtures can be planned it will mean Ben Cook out to give us some options for third HL. I would now go for a top 3 of Duggy, King & Lawson. Rumours on here Kemp has signed on a 3.55 average. 

Close.  Drew Kemp is on 3.67 -- with discount, that's 3.58.

9 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Close.  Drew Kemp is on 3.67 -- with discount, that's 3.58.

Is that taking out all his Eastie fixtures from his average?