British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 25/4/22

8 minutes ago, mrss said:

I can’t remember Arrnio having a decent meeting at Lynn. Makes me wonder why Ipswich picked him to guest tonight.

Bag of chips and a tenner in petrol 

• Thanks 1

Awful guests for Ipswich, wonder who picked them - hope Heeps soon recovers.

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Awful guests for Ipswich, wonder who picked them - hope Heeps soon recovers.

Would he have done any better? I'm not so sure,, he didn't exactly smash the scores in for the stars last year,, and this year's form doesn't look any better 

• Like 1

Heeps might have got a point.....BUT not the 18 required to sneak a point for Ippo tonight

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

Heeps might have got a point.....BUT not the 18 required to sneak a point for Ippo tonight

Wasn’t just Heeps missing though was it. Starke hit paid 16 here last season and Riss has started the season very well. Both big misses tonight. Not that it mattered a great deal. 

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Rowe just not improving

Performances for Leicester have been alarming. Ipswich got rid of the wrong reserve from 2021.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Rowe just not improving

Needs to get away from Hawkins

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Needs to get away from Hawkins

Needs to get away from his old Man!

5 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Rowe just not improving

It's a puzzle, he looks fast enough and has a good style but just can't get out of the gate and looks tentative behind other riders. Was as fast as Worrall in heat 14 but kept hesitating into the bends which gave him no chance to pass.

Josh Pickering was sensational again, his race with and pass of Doyle in heat 9 was top drawer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

It's a puzzle, he looks fast enough and has a good style but just can't get out of the gate and looks tentative behind other riders. Was as fast as Worrall in heat 14 but kept hesitating into the bends which gave him no chance to pass.

Josh Pickering was sensational again, his race with and pass of Doyle in heat 9 was top drawer. 

Rowe looked very good for his age at Somerset, but  not pushing on 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I would have said he doesn't have a great style,,, right elbow way too high,,, you don't see any top riders do that,, and I'm guessing there is a pretty simple reason why. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I would have said he doesn't have a great style,,, right elbow way too high,,, you don't see any top riders do that,, and I'm guessing there is a pretty simple reason why. 

Agree, the only rider i have seen with elbow that high is Hans Andersen

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Josh Pickering to me is everything you want see from a rider.Balls of steel,a never say die attitude,and a great showman who loves to get the crowd involve.Like i said last week thanks Sheffield.

What i now don't understand though is,the Lynn track has had plenty of criticism over the years about the lack of racing.But how come one rider can make it look a great track.So is it the lack of riders now that are willing to give it a go rather than the track being poor.

• Like 1