British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

Not as bad for GB as people were making out.    

Yes the track is rubbish and there was no passing except for Woffinden's brilliant move.

But after getting the set-up wrong for heat 1, Woffinden only dropped one point all night.    Bewley went unbeaten by an opponent in his 3 rides.

All we need to do is find out where Mrs Lambert has hidden Stead and Allen, once we free them we should be OK.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Where can I watch tomorrow's meeting please?

Not sure....

Maybe someone on here could advise. ...?

Doesn't seem to happen to often that though...:D

Awful meeting, aqdul track. GB looked all at sea early on. Thought Lambert was unlucky with the tapes exclusion as the Norwegian twitched on his inside but he never made a gate all night and ought to start at 3 on Saturday.

Hopefully they will find some dirt by then!

Putting to one side who scored what I'm surprised GB didn't swap round each heat to give them all four rides as an audition for Saturday, thought thats what they'd do.

Edited by Bagpuss

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Awful meeting, aqdul track. GB looked all at sea early on. Thought Lambert was unlucky with the tapes exclusion as the Norwegian twitched on his inside but he never made a gate all night and ought to start at 3 on Saturday.

Hopefully they will find some dirt by then!

With the Danes nowadays you would think a "bit of dirt" might help them. ...

In days gone by, "blue groove time" for their "trappers"....

A bit of rain wouldn't go amiss...

Edited by mikebv

As gating was order of the day today,it is more imperative to make the gate on Saturday as everyone will be a little quicker.Hopefully the track will be much better for the final and allow at least a little overtaking.A little bit more grip will hopefully allow Bewley to show his talent.

Try pronouncing Matjusonoks after a few beers!

Jan Kvech seems to have been on the scene awhile, surprised he's still eligible for SoN2

20 minutes ago, Col said:

Try pronouncing Matjusonoks after a few beers!

Jan Kvech seems to have been on the scene awhile, surprised he's still eligible for SoN2

Kvech had an elder (?) brother so maybe that contributed to the confusion.

5 hours ago, Col said:

????

Limdgren 2.2, Aspgren 2.0, Nilsson 1.8.

The great form of Victor Palovaara could have earned him an average higher than Zmarzlik but like most Swedes on the Svemo site his average is listed as 0.5?

Lindgren 1.778, Nilsson 1.453, Aspgren not classified (he's only had two rides in the Elitserien).

I'm using figures from SVEMO site of all 2022 Elitserien fixtures.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Putting to one side who scored what I'm surprised GB didn't swap round each heat to give them all four rides as an audition for Saturday, thought thats what they'd do.

Maybe they had planned on it, but getting stuffed in the first heat pretty much screwed any strategy. It's easy to mess around when you're leading, but whe you have to do it from behind, it seriously limits your options.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Lindgren 1.778, Nilsson 1.453, Aspgren not classified (he's only had two rides in the Elitserien).

I'm using figures from SVEMO site of all 2022 Elitserien fixtures.

I had assumed that's what I was using, you didn't point out I'd got any of the Polish riders figures incorrect.

Is this incorrect 

Well that was all a bit exciting. For me the team management very nearly cost us a place in the final, I hope they can learn from their mistake.

Come on our boys!

P.s. for anybody that did miss out heat 16 was added on to the end of the Discovery+ transmission... that one's for R&R:lol:

Edited by iainb

28 minutes ago, chunky said:

Maybe they had planned on it, but getting stuffed in the first heat pretty much screwed any strategy. It's easy to mess around when you're leading, but whe you have to do it from behind, it seriously limits your options.

Yes fair point but the strategy would have been to put Bewley in the second GB heat so they could have done that anyway. Perhaps the strategy after heat one was to stick with the 'top' two as chosen and only use Bewley when they had to. To be fair to Lambert if he doesn't touch the tapes against Norway he probably goes unbeaten with Woffy for the rest of the meeting and there's no need for a run off but I think he will now be fortunate to be involved much on Saturday.

spent a lot of time today getting discovery plus,however  could not see that this meeting was being shown. Anybody goy any ideas where I have gone wrong?

21 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

spent a lot of time today getting discovery plus,however  could not see that this meeting was being shown. Anybody goy any ideas where I have gone wrong?

If it's the app, along the bottom is a football/sports icon click on this then sports come on the screen what is showing live click on the button