British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. How can the transponders be wrong? Also if they are often wrong, why are they being used?
  3. Depends on the reason, if it was a bereavement for example - no ban. If the reason isn't announced, people will speculate. Mind you if a non-speedway injury / illness / missing a flight gets a 7 day ban, it would be odd that missing for a "personal reason" doesn't?
  4. Pre Terry then. The point is the track is currently not what we've been accustomed to the past few years.
  5. Great team performance from the Bandits after the disappointment of losing at home to Poole last Saturday. Redcar seem to have picked up the same issues that have plagued Berwick for recent seasons, a weak middle order including Jonas Knudsen. I did think it was an odd signing at the time as he is not in the same league as TJ on UK tracks but I guess options were limited for the Bears at that point. Great to see Jye and Drew on form tonight and I think any success this season is down to them building on results like this. For any Redcar fans that think tonight was dusty just wait till you’ve been at Berwick tomorrow.
  6. szkocjasid

Poole 2024

Poole certainly can carry one or two riders, already in the next round of the KOC, great chance of making the semis of the BSN, won their first away league match. Don't know where the concern is coming from tbh. You don't need to win every match to be Champions.
  7. They are above the points limit, so nothing they can do. Don't need an out & out number one if all riders up their averages. Obviously it would help if Howarth got his average over 8.
  8. Pre Jonny Swales was ‘Terry the Track’ and we won track of the year two years running with him on the tractor.
  9. He was coming from gate 4, which was never going to work for him. Why we insist on taking 1&3 rather than either 2&4, or better, heat 15 (as the visitors would almost always choose 1&3) is beyond me. It cost us in heat 13 where we needed it, and why Bomber went off the inside in 15 is a mystery. When Worrall went off 2 in the Super Heat, he won it. And don't get me started on the transponders. Fair enough, the ref has to accept what they say, but they're wrong too often. Everyone knew Bomber got third, Gerry even got the drone operator to rewind the footage. Thankfully, it doesn't matter for the BSN Series... We needed to win at Armadale either way, which seems unlikely. Starke has been shocking, this isn't a playoff team. Workington will spank us, I think. Fun meeting though!
  10. we like fake money bring as much as tou can carry .
  11. It's a cash only venue
  12. I was down last week v scunny & when I got home had a shower and the amount of dust was canny bad that I washed off so decided to give it a miss tonight with being a mega hot day n I thought the track would be slick n dry as a bone to whip up the dust
  13. TheWellBehavedWorrall

Workington v Glasgow 11/05/24 3pm (Ch)

What’s the deal if I decide to drive down to Workington tomorrow in terms of tickets? Can I buy them online, or only at the gate? Do they take card?
  14. TheWellBehavedWorrall

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 10/5/24@7-30

What a meeting. Thank God I live in Glasgow, not Plymouth. It’s a blessing to see racing of that calibre. Pickering was frightening. Given how poor he was in heat one of the original rained off meeting (on the wrong end of a 5-1), that was an incredible performance. I take no pleasure in saying this, but that’s up there with the best visiting performance I’ve ever seen, anywhere. He earned every single win. Another underwhelming home performance though. Changes must be on the cards. It was an improvement from Worrall, but when it mattered (heats 13 and 15), he took one from a possible six. I can’t help but feel he owes us more after last week. Starke, wow. What’s going on? Outrageously poor. Flint too; his win in heat 12 flattered his points tally for the evening.
  15. Regardless whether you are red and white or blue and gold , speedway was the winner tonight . When you see the likes of Pickering and Harris going at it on a track so brilliantly prepared , it's still the most exciting sport in the world . But all 14 riders need congratulating for producing such a pulsating meeting
  16. His reaction after the race was finished was bang out of order and he was lucky not to have been chucked out of the meeting
  17. Some great racing tonight, picko was outstanding to watch even from the opposite side of the fence, Starke getting 2 was painful to watch, his two points came over max James who returned an Audi and Ace. Heat 10 he was half a lap behind. Good to see Worrall back on points and a great heat 15 and super heat. I'm positive there's going to be a shuffle coming up and hopefully before the next averages are out or we'll have even less to use.
  18. Totally agree not sure why a super heat is needed after a first meeting yes if the bonus needs decided after the second off course have one. Theoretically you could have 2 teams race to a draw in both the home and away matches yet if 1 wins both super heats they get 5 points to the others 2 overall that doesn’t seem quite right. in saying that if they are off the drama and quality of that one tonight let’s have them on every match
  19. Don’t agree with Dayles reaction but both Pijpers need to learn how to pass without taking a front wheel.
  20. Bad luck for scorpions, missed out on some extra points ,it will change ,good team
  21. I’m guessing Blobby is not back yet, he would usually be all over this at the end of the 3rd lap off that super heat.
  22. Went for the first time this season last week and shocked by what I witnessed. Too many average 2nd string and reserve type riders in the same team. Barker added to that tonight. Track has reverted back to the pre Jonny Swales days unfortunately. Didn't bother going tonight as suspected it would be more of the same.
  23. Where do you start, track is a shadow of what it was,too many average riders who are so inconsistent and team manager who hasn’t got a clue, never reacts in a match situation, changing the reserves etc.Nice lad, but, don’t think he could motivate me into anything.
  24. Won’t matter we won’t be threatening any honours this season with the passengers were carrying.Saying that the racing is making up for that it was superb tonight.
  25. First meeting of the year...and what a load of dross, one of the worst Teesside teams I have ever seen. Track prep looks appalling...major changes needed on and off the track. A shame as it was a pretty healthy crowd...fans won't put up with these displays and nor should they. Berwick very solid indeed, but didn't have to be at their best to win.
  26. Looks like Scunny have best 2nd place. In Scottish and Southern it is all on who gets BP!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy