British Speedway Forum

st Helens?? :)

Can't say I'm inspired by his signing and feel we missed the boat holding out for King yet again... Just feel we needed a bit experience at the bottom end, But hope the lad does well... And will get our full support.. Welcome Lewis.

It was a situation where the management couldn't win, could they. Don't wait for Jason, sign a dud and everyone says you should have waited for Jason. They have been loyal to Jason, but he has taken the decision away from them, as he knows he is still not fit.

• Like 3

st Helens?? :)

Can't say I'm inspired by his signing and feel we missed the boat holding out for King yet again... Just feel we needed a bit experience at the bottom end, But hope the lad does well... And will get our full support.. Welcome Lewis.

You've got Steve Worrall entering his third season of Premier League racing, he has some experience and he has a real make or break year to get out of the reserve berths. If Kerr is persisted with he'll be a very good signing long term, very good team lining up for the Diamonds.

You've got Steve Worrall entering his third season of Premier League racing, he has some experience and he has a real make or break year to get out of the reserve berths. If Kerr is persisted with he'll be a very good signing long term, very good team lining up for the Diamonds.

yeah I agree and think Steve will have a big year...just would have preferred a bit more experience personally. But he sounds a good prospect and I'm sure he will do ok.
  • Like 2

Kerr for sure looks a decent prospect, more so than Blackbird in my opinion, and I feel, as a Leicester fan, that we've missed a trick with Kerr, who appears to be a better all round rider. Saw him ride at the Somerset Cracker earlier in the month and he managed to stay with Barker for three laps before making a mistake, and beat a proven heat leader in Tully in his first ride. I think he's one of the few English 3 pt men who will actually achieve more than that this season, not to be under-estimated!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Lewis and very best wishes for your 'Diamonds' career. :t::approve: :approve:

I must admit - this one came out of the blue - I was expecting someone else if Jason didn't sign. :blink:

Now that we have a full Team, let's get behind them - I think we have a very useful outfit here. :approve:

Welcome aboard Lewis and very best wishes for your 'Diamonds' career. :t::approve: :approve:

I must admit - this one came out of the blue - I was expecting someone else if Jason didn't sign. :blink:

Now that we have a full Team, let's get behind them - I think we have a very useful outfit here. :approve:

I wonder if it had anything to do with him just getting beat by Barker and being ahead of Tully in the recent Christmas Cracker at Somerset. Maybe a tip from Andrew eh.

Pity about Paul Starke as it must have been a close call, especially if you compare their NL averages, 6.67 as against 5.70.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

I wonder if it had anything to do with him just getting beat by Barker and being ahead of Tully in the recent Christmas Cracker at Somerset. Maybe a tip from Andrew eh.

Pity about Paul Starke as it must have been a close call, especially if you compare their NL averages, 6.67 as against 5.70.

Totally agree with you Dave. :t:

Rather surprised we never went for Starke he had a few meetings for us last season so knows what the premier is all about so thought he would have been the obvious choice. Anyway good luck to young Lewis I'll still be supporting him no matter what

• Like 3

Glad to have the team finally finished shame for Kingy and Starke but good luck Lewis.If he can have a good season and back up the other 6 at least at home could be a decent season.

• Like 1

Kerr for sure looks a decent prospect, more so than Blackbird in my opinion, and I feel, as a Leicester fan, that we've missed a trick with Kerr, who appears to be a better all round rider. Saw him ride at the Somerset Cracker earlier in the month and he managed to stay with Barker for three laps before making a mistake, and beat a proven heat leader in Tully in his first ride. I think he's one of the few English 3 pt men who will actually achieve more than that this season, not to be under-estimated!

Have to agree, on the couple of occasions i saw Kerr he looked a better prospect than Blackbird, although Blackbird always gives 100% he generally looks off the pace, were as Kerr looked a bit quicker & capable of beating better riders, like you i think Leicester missed a trick & signed the wrong Lewis.I would be most surprised if at the end of the season if Kerr doesn't average more than Blackbird.
  • Like 1

Good luck to Lewi and good to see him getting a number 7 spot of his own, especially at a good club like Newcastle.

IMO he has got everything it takes to be a very good speedway rider and hopefully he'll be as successful as Craig Cook & Richie Worrall in the transition from moto x to speedway. Genuinely think he is good enough to be an EL rider for the Stars in the next two or three years and I'm looking forward to seeing him develop with the Diamonds and Young Stars in 2013.

As someone who watches a lot of NL speedway, I think you have made the right choice and don't think BP's suggestion that Kerr will be riding EL in the next few years is an unreasonable one. Starke is a decent rider, but to my mind he doesn't have anywhere near the same potential.

As someone who watches a lot of NL speedway, I think you have made the right choice and don't think BP's suggestion that Kerr will be riding EL in the next few years is an unreasonable one. Starke is a decent rider, but to my mind he doesn't have anywhere near the same potential.

Ditto those sentiments.

It's great to see some of these British riders being given their deserved chance in the Premier League. Paul Starke appeared to do a good job when called upon last season, and got himself in the shop window for everyone to judge. Sad for him that nobody has taken him up this year, but now it's time for another outstanding talent to be afforded the same chance that Paul was given in 2012. Although there aren't many guarantees in life, there's most definetly one, and that is that Lewis Kerr will give 100% effort in every ride he undertakes. He set his stall out in that way for King's Lynn 'Young Stars' last year, and its paid dividends for him, I wish the Heacham based rider all the luck in the world.

Kerr could be a top rider. Has the style & skill the only thing that stopped him hitting an 8 average last year & possibly the year before is his mechanical gremlins. Always the same problems, blowing engines or dropping chains, more so than any other rider I've seen.

If he can get past that he'll hit a 5+ average for Newcastle easy, a real genuine class rider