British Speedway Forum
PolskiZuzel

Speedway Champions League ?

It is/was a FIM initiative - as my 2014 post stated.

Castagna's longer term aim was for each participating club to host one round of the tournament. That was where the issue of money came into it, with riders insisting on getting the same rates as they got in Poland plus the FIM getting a 'staging fee' as well. That's what led to Poole's initial withdrawal as they would not be able to make a 'home leg' pay without an unrealistic admission fee and a restricted attendance capacity.

Now the competition has a progressive sponsor - British-based but Polish staffed - so we'll see how it all pans out.

Edited by Skidder1

Looks like Buster Chapman (BSPA Chairman & King's Lynn owner) is getting involved in Dubai

Translation is pretty horrendous so apologies for that

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/znamy-nazwiska-budowniczych-toru-na-bliskim-wschodzie,artykul,663540,1,12427.html&prev=search

Having now seen the full draw for with all teams & riders side by side, Belle Vue have a good chance of finishing 3rd imo. The Danish outfit looks just as weak

97e959a4-9a76-49bf-9424-4219f5c1c274_zps

• Like 1

Having now seen the full draw for with all teams & riders side by side, Belle Vue have a good chance of finishing 3rd imo. The Danish outfit looks just as weak

97e959a4-9a76-49bf-9424-4219f5c1c274_zps

I disagree slightly. IMO Munkebo is (on paper) sligthly stronger then Belle Vue. Bjerre, Andersen and especially Larsen are quite good riders.

Smolinski is not that good but probably have some pretty descent experience with the track.

I disagree slightly. IMO Munkebo is (on paper) sligthly stronger then Belle Vue. Bjerre, Andersen and especially Larsen are quite good riders.

Smolinski is not that good but probably have some pretty descent experience with the track.

I did say could but there isn't an awful lot between the 2

Vetlanda - Leszno will certainly be 1-2, just going with Leszno as favourites for me.

I did say could but there isn't an awful lot between the 2

Vetlanda - Leszno will certainly be 1-2, just going with Leszno as favourites for me.

Agree with you Danny, as I'd give Belle Vue a chance of finishing 3rd. The other two teams look ridiculously strong.

Why is Smolinski allowed to ride for Munkebo, a team he never rode for and has no affiliation with?

Why are Belle Vue allowed to ride when they are not even champions

I agree Aces in with a good chance of third place. I wish there was TV coverage, presumably because it is a one off event, it is not included in any other contract, so any TV company would be free to run with it?

I agree Aces in with a good chance of third place. I wish there was TV coverage, presumably because it is a one off event, it is not included in any other contract, so any TV company would be free to run with it?

It is being run by another company who have to market it.Think it was stated they tried without any luck to get tv interested.Guess they didn't have too much time and maybe next year will be different?

It is also the question of is it easier or harder to get a tv deal with a one-off meeting rather than being able to offer a series of meetings that will fill space?Tv companies probably like being able to do deals for more rather than 1 meeting.They then have to do loads of deals with loads of people to fill the time with lots of one-offs

Edited by iris123

Let's hope so. Next year's WSL final is in Dubai or Qatar and that should be live on tv.

I would not be so susprised if this won't go ahead, but we'll see. I think it's all a bit too optimistic from our Polish friends.

By the way: I will provide live updates from Wolfslake on the following link: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/145/world-speedway-league-wolfslake.html

• Like 3

It is being run by another company who have to market it.Think it was stated they tried without any luck to get tv interested.Guess they didn't have too much time and maybe next year will be different?

It's not a very interesting competition though, is it?

It's not a very interesting competition though, is it?

Not at all.As a title/competition I think it is well down the pecking order.Never been a fan and have said so many times on here.As a meeting it could though provide some great racing looking at the line-up.Just trying to answer a question put on here.Maybe,and it is a big maybe they could sell it to a tv company.I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they signed a contract with not too much time to get this on tv.Next year they have more time and no excuse

Can someone confirm the address of Wolfslake track please?