British Speedway Forum
PolskiZuzel

Speedway Champions League ?

According to 'someone in the know' on the German forum they had a track/stadium inspection two weeks ago.....

So, a ludicrous event ends in farce.

Quite fitting really.

Edited by rmc

According to 'someone in the know' on the German forum they had a track/stadium inspection two weeks ago.....

I read (and translated with google) some of the comments and some speculated/insinuated that it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

I read (and translated with google) some of the comments and some speculated/insinuated that it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

That sort of thing could surely never happen to a major speedway event in Germany...
  • Like 2

My own take on it is a row between Wolfslake and the FIM as to what is acceptable. Reading between the lines it looks to me like Wolfslake thought they'd met the conditions but the FIM moved the goalposts, or there was some misunderstanding as to what was required. Wolfslake's post after the meeting had been cancelled seemed defiant. Just my opinion though. :)

Wouldn't be a surprise firstly due to location but also they didn't have a ticket agent, you had to fill out a form on their website and then do a bank transfer!

Article from the German motorsite speedweek: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sv&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedweek.com%2Fspeedway-racing%2Fnews%2F90957%2FSpeedway-World-League-Wie-Wolfslake-betrogen-wurde.html

The idea seems to keep the event at Wolfslake but sometime later in the year where already bought tickets still would be valid but plane and train tickets would be a different matter.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Article from the German motorsite speedweek: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sv&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedweek.com%2Fspeedway-racing%2Fnews%2F90957%2FSpeedway-World-League-Wie-Wolfslake-betrogen-wurde.html

The idea seems to keep the event at Wolfslake but sometime later in the year where already bought tickets still would be valid but plane and train tickets would be a different matter.

U still think it was the WSL that got shafted?

Restage date will be in October in Wolfslake according to a press release.

Will that be before or after the Aussie GP???

That sounds by far the most likely reason, with the track excuse being used to pass the buck.

What a total shambles! I shudder to think of the mess if next season it is in Dubai (will they use camels instead of bikes??).

Armando steps up in Spar to take the blame of the postponement. All the right reasons mentioned. And at the same time forgetting why such a 10 year deal was made with a promoter who was unable to make it happen in 4 months, with still plenty of time after the track was found...

One disaster after another under Castagnas reign and I fear this won't be the last of them......