British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Spitting with rain 7 miles from the stadium.Only light at the mo.

As for Dale, have no idea what he can bring to the party, but judging by the amount of column inches the Young Stars get in the Speedway Star he will need to step up his game.

Dale has an immense amount of speedway knowledge and it might be that he's come in to help allow Buster to spend more time with the BSPA issues

Just had a thought. Signing Jakobsen may have been the club thinking ahead.

Huckenbeck being moved to No'8 acts as a safe guard for the hope that Iversen stays on.

If he does, Batchelor comes in for Jakobsen meaning Huckenbeck doesn't then go elsewhere and we lose an asset.

Also, if Batchelor comes back and finds he's not ready at least Huckenbeck is still available and ready to go.

Could be a little mini masterstroke

It would help if the track was ready and pristine before punters entered, you don't see grounds man painting white lines at PL footie matches when e stadium is open. Speedway is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL sport after all. Pre match entertainment of some kind, there must be local bands who would jump at the chance to perform publicly, for instance.

The biggie is the riders, they need to realise they sure being paid to entertain the paying public for more than 4-5 one minute duration races. Wave to the kids as if they mean it, cknowledge the cheers and a few more might actually bother to cheer which would help the atmosphere you think the fans alone should provide.

I could go on, but if speedway wants to be a professional sport and charge the prices they do, it has to start providing more than just 15 separate minutes of track action. It will not survive solely on people like yourself who are satisfied with what they provide now.

Why do people always seem to bring football against speedway.A football pitch for instance can be marked out days before a game.How many people can football clubs employ compared to speedway?Theres millions of pounds in football and probably just hundreds for many speedway clubs,if that.

I have been to many PL football matches at the biggest club in the country and theres no pre-match entertainment,but as Trees said its the fans that make the atmosphere.If there were more fans with a bigger and better atmosphere I'm sure the riders will react to that to.

Weather conditions do play a big part in the prep of a speedway track compared to a lot of sports though.Even if you have a lovely day to prepare it would still need a bit of TLC before the actual meeting with watering etc.Until all tracks are indoor I cant see any way around that :wink:.

I wouldn't say any sport is constant action.

I've been to a delayed kick off in a Champions League game to,delayed by 45 mins :wink: .Worked out well for me though as I was stuck on the motorway and just made it in time for the late kick off.

Personally I don't think the crowds will come back no matter what entertainment is put on,simply because there so much to do now outside of speedway.When I was young I use to love it,but there was nothing for speedway to compete against then.Now with modern technology kids are happy to stay at home on their laptops,ipads and all sorts of gaming.

Common sense and I hope that ruling is adhered to.

Couldn't care less if NBJ is named in the stars squad, wish the lad well and the team.

Looking forward to seeing him and Kai if either are in the side when you come to Monmore.

I also couldn't care less if Kai rides most of the matches and NBJ only a few.

Just for clarity if would be nice to hear that Kai is the number 8 (as he is exactly what the new rider number 8 position is for) and NBJ is a named squad rider. That makes perfect sense. It makes perfect sense if Kai rides all the matches.

What doesn't make sense is that NBJ is named number 8 as he doesn't qualify for that particular ruling.

It really should be that simple.

Huckenbeck is the No8

Edited by tellboy

Huckenbeck is the No8

That's what I've assumed, is there a link that confirms this?

That's what I've assumed, is there a link that confirms this?

He's shown as #8 in the first greensheet issue.

• Like 1

So what's going so wrong at Kings Lynn 36 hours to Stars v Bees and fans still don't no if the meeting is on or off I gather Sky won't now be showing the meeting but fans need to no is the meeting tomorrow Monday or is it now switched back to Thursday not difficult I'd have thought to keep fans updated , also why is all the news second hand that comes out of the club as it seems to have been for the last 18 months . What has gone so wrong ?

And I see now Marc gent has left his role at the club. Buster bring back Jonathan Chapman to sort out this mess may have to do it from the other side of the wold though !!

• Like 1

Allegedly a big fallout between Gent and Buster. Rory not happy has he had nothing from the Club about Monday being off, and he's the skipper!!

What is going on at The Club ? Has Buster lost complete interest?

I thought Allitt was being brought in to help BC with his workload.