British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

So it looks like another season at The old lady in 2017 then.

You'll be lucky

• Like 1

You'll be lucky

Totally agree but there is no sign of the supposed new track so that's all we can hope for.

Anyone going on monday to watch us thrash Coventry on tv, the Robins are offering £10 entry which includes a free prog if ordered on line, sounds like a great deal, check it out.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/shoptickets

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Anyone going on monday to watch us thrash Coventry on tv, the Robins are offering £10 entry which includes a free prog if ordered on line, sounds like a great deal, check it out.

Every meeting should be that price & then more would go😀

Every meeting should be that price & then more would go😀

• Like 2

I saw an interesting news story on the Darcy Ward Foundation website http://www.darcywardfoundation.com/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=8.

Surely those figures are wrong? If they made £4,000 on admissions alone and a crowd of 11,000 that equates to an average entry fee of 36.5 pence!

What I'd seen elsewhere I believe they've missed a zero in that report. Was previously reported at £40,000

What I'd seen elsewhere I believe they've missed a zero in that report. Was previously reported at £40,000

If it is £40,000 - that is still about £3.64 per head - surely not?

Great to hear the swindon robins and coventry bees get a mention on qos last night, and a few mentions on btsport with doyley winning gp. With new commercial manager and local participation in forces day they're making an effort to attract new fans new stadium or not.

• Like 1

If it is £40,000 - that is still about £3.64 per head - surely not?

About right for a meeting in Poland?

Swindon Borough Council have always and always will be a total fiasco of a local Government only there to line there own greedy little pockets with there bullrubbish and backhanders and if im being honest i tend to now think Tomlinson is all talk , absolute joke

Not a nice way to describe the man that 'saved Swindon speedway'

I saw an interesting news story on the Darcy Ward Foundation website http://www.darcywardfoundation.com/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=8.

Surely those figures are wrong? If they made £4,000 on admissions alone and a crowd of 11,000 that equates to an average entry fee of 36.5 pence!

I think there is something distinctly 'iffy' about what the Torun meeting is claiming to have raised. And its not the first time unfortunately that doubts have been raised about other Darcy Ward fundraising in Poland!!

There are several Poole fans (and sponsors) beginning to ask some very probing questions about this - bearing in mind the equivalent Poole benefit meeting announced it raised about £50k from an attendance of 2,500 ish!!?

• Like 4

I think there is something distinctly 'iffy' about what the Torun meeting is claiming to have raised. And its not the first time unfortunately that doubts have been raised about other Darcy Ward fundraising in Poland!!

There are several Poole fans (and sponsors) beginning to ask some very probing questions about this - bearing in mind the equivalent Poole benefit meeting announced it raised about £50k from an attendance of 2,500 ish!!?

Sportowefakty article from May- translated by Google

The same confusion caused entry Darcy Ward, in which he complained about the lack of information on the amount which has to hit him after playing a charity match. How assures the president of Torun Club Ilona Termińska, invoices, which relate to players and things around of match, including streaming - they have already been settled.

- Everything went according to schedule. Revenues from ticket sales, advertising, programs and numerous contributions from partners totaled approx. PLN 200 thousand. Direct costs of the organization of the tournament count approx. 140 thousand. Match, concert, returns for the players, all of this means that the costs were very high. Transfer to Darcy Ward will amount to slightly more than 48 thousand, and the collection we add still more than 25,000, which gives a total amount of approx. 74 000 PLN - emphasizes the president of Get Well Torun, Ilona Termińska. - Money should affect his account to the end of this week - he adds.

Same entry player provoked a sharp reaction among fans. The club from the very beginning strongly supported by the player. - We were very sorry. I feel that it resulted from a misunderstanding of the subject. The Foundation contacted Darcy and explained the situation - provides Termińska.

So basically Torun raised a poxy £9,000. When a small in comparison club like Poole raised over 50,000, more than questions need to be asked.

The police need to be called in to see if any fraud has taken place. In situations like this riders ridd for nothing and companies donate products or loan free if charge.

Or is that just a GB thing and Polish riders and compainies try to cash in?

• Like 1

Isn't that about 15k sterling they are sending to D'Arcy (including ckub donation).Which given average salary in Poland is about a third of the UK seems comparable, albeit from a much larger crowd. Given Torun were under no legal obligation to do anything, not sure how involving fraud squad would achieve anything?

Edited by waihekeaces1