British Speedway Forum

Maybe the averages suggest that Lawson, Summers and Barker are the same as Cook Masters and Wolbert but on track when the pressure was on it was a different story IMO.

Bollox - Take Cook out the equation as everyone know he was different class. Home advantage was, is and will remain Edinburgh's greatest strength. Summers was never phased by pressure, nor was Lawson.

And Barker will kick your head in.

• Like 1

He also has on numerous occasions been very derogatory towards Glasgow, the track and the people so I very much doubt if he would want to head north - you should have heard the moaning when his brother brought him up as a mechanic

That could also apply to Campton hence there is little appetite for him.

They R/R and guests made you a better team.

Not at home, we were fragile in the middle part of the season and had a decent visited we were there for the taking. Ipswich was one where Tungate sold his team an away win by inexplicably running the inside on the last turn allowing Morris to round him for the narrowest of victories.

They R/R and guests made you a better team.

Agreed. We rode our luck with guests for a period and IMO were fortunate to end up where we did.

I think this team, on paper, is superior.

Bollox - Take Cook out the equation as everyone know he was different class. Home advantage was, is and will remain Edinburgh's greatest strength. Summers was never phased by pressure, nor was Lawson.

And Barker will kick your head in.

yet we won the most away meeting out of everyone else in the league with 7, 6 of them being 4 point wins.

As for the second real classy. :t:

Agreed. We rode our luck with guests for a period and IMO were fortunate to end up where we did.

I think this team, on paper, is superior.

Yup 4 heat leaders 2 reserves and a NL league rider.

Very impressive top 4, there is no denying that.

But there will be a lot of pressure from that top 4 to perform in every meeting.

They did the same last season and way back in 2004 they did it with a top 4 of Stancl, Parker, Grieves and Bentley.

They did not win anything then and to be honest I cannot see them doing it again, but could it be third time lucky.

Think Lunna is a good signing,and Garcia on decent equipment will improve,not a bad Team IMO .Was wondering if Mr Barrie was thrown in with the loan of Garcia.

No thanks.

No Shads that looks one of the better pairings especially at Rye.

Bigger problems for you at the other end of the team maybe.

There's no "maybe" about it!!

Lunna will do well for Glasgow.. young kid, great lad, still learning, will put at least a point on his 4.5 ave.. I wanted him back at Scunny, guess his average didn't quite fit into our team building plans.. Best of luck to him.

• Like 2

Niike lunna that's a shock remember where you heard it first.

Welcome back son hope to see plenty of you this year

• Like 1

As for the second real classy. :t:

Get a grip. It was meant light hearted (as you probably realised)

but some of you are bad winners. God knows what it will be like if things don't go your way next season.

:sad:

Edited by damosuzuki

Could struggle a bit when Glasgow have to use R/R for Worrall (due to EL matches taking precedence). That tail!

Should start as big favourites for the Fours already though!

Not a bad side at all, but have yet to see a PL side that really stands out though, so should be there in the mix by the end of the season

Would agree with others that Fernando Garcia could well improve considerably if mounted on decent bikes, which I would expect Glasgow to ensure is the case.

When he guested for the Monarchs in the League Cup Final at the Dale, he beat Richard Lawson fair and square, which was no mean feat.

Capturing Richie Worrall on his present average is a steal and I would imagine that Newcastle are very disappointed at failing to re-sign him.

On paper, the 2016 Tigers appear to be as good as, if not better, than any other side so far declared.

• Like 1

Happy with the team but a lot will depend on the fixtures with doubling up perhaps resulting intired riders and equipment as well as RW missing some as belle view have priority

• Like 1

Would agree with others that Fernando Garcia could well improve considerably if mounted on decent bikes, which I would expect Glasgow to ensure is the case.

When he guested for the Monarchs in the League Cup Final at the Dale, he beat Richard Lawson fair and square, which was no mean feat.

Capturing Richie Worrall on his present average is a steal and I would imagine that Newcastle are very disappointed at failing to re-sign him.

On paper, the 2016 Tigers appear to be as good as, if not better, than any other side so far declared.

Is it though? Or is his current average his level?

We have a few on the Ipswich thread that for some reason seem to love him, but I remain unconvinced.

I'm not saying he's a bad rider because he isn't, but I'm not convinced he continues to be on a "bargain" average after his average has now dropped two season's running.

He had a real purple patch and a breakthrough year in 2013 with Newcastle, but then flopped at Ipswich in 2014 where he shed nearly a point and a half off his average which led the Somerset mob to declare they'd signed him on that "bargain" average this year.

But he also shed another half a point again and continues to go backwards.

So is he still on a bargain average? or will his average continue in the same direction it has for the last couple of season's?

Having said that, the way Glasgow have built their team Worrall is likely to have three riders ahead of him this season and I'm not sure anyone else will have a better fourth rider!

Long tail which goes with the territory when you build in this way, but still the team to beat and will no doubt start favourites.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey