British Speedway Forum

I reiterate my previous posting; the twelve week wait is a red herring (virtually no applications of this size go through in less than 3 months).

The single most important point in the process will come when GI go back to bthe planners asking the council to lift the condition that restricts their ability to sell the houses they have already built next to the track, followed by an application to demolish the existing stadium and build more houses. GI are playing the long game - they know from experience councils will eventually blink and remove the barriers to residential development (e.g. Long Eaton) - what they have to be given is a really strong message from the council that such a retreat will not be countenanced.

PS I have nothing to do with Swindon and don't live in the area - my input is based on my extensive involvement in the planning process over 25 years.

Have you read the letter to the agent dated 01 03 16?

Have you read the letter to the agent dated 01 03 16?

Yes, and the article on Speedwayplus. The point is that as long as the council stand firm on enforcing the condition re not selling any more houses then GI will have to sort the parking issue out. But if they don't then GI have no incentive to continue with the stadium application

• Like 1

Yes, and the article on Speedwayplus. The point is that as long as the council stand firm on enforcing the condition re not selling any more houses then GI will have to sort the parking issue out. But if they don't then GI have no incentive to continue with the stadium application

Apologies, I should have known that you know this stuff already. After almost nine years of good news stories some good news would be nice! Everything you say is spot on but can't help feeling the time for concern was nine years ago. Call me pessimistic by all means but I have never believed in this project for one second. Swindon Speedway 2017 anyone?

P.S. Did you know there's a large care home for elderly dementia sufferers opening next week close to our new stadium?

Edited by JOS50

Apologies, I should have known that you know this stuff already. After almost nine years of good news stories some good news would be nice! Everything you say is spot on but can't help feeling the time for concern was nine years ago. Call me pessimistic by all means but I have never believed in this project for one second. Swindon Speedway 2017 anyone?

P.S. Did you know there's a large care home for elderly dementia sufferers opening next week close to our new stadium?

Arguably better than neighbours with all their faculties who would be better placed to complain.

Sidney will now be able to walk to the matches

So you think it is funny to mock Dementia sufferers you SICK bastard.😡 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

So you think it is funny to mock Dementia sufferers you SICK bastard.

:o ......And that's the edited version.

• Like 7

So you think it is funny to mock Dementia sufferers you SICK bastard.

very true..my muvver-in-

law is moving into this home...named richardson road after the ex-robin so tragically killed

So you think it is funny to mock Dementia sufferers

He wasn't mocking the demented. He was mocking you...

...Oh yes, I see your point!

• Like 4

He wasn't mocking the demented. He was mocking you...

...Oh yes, I see your point!

John he was taking the p.ss out of me no problem with that ,well to say what he said he can't be all there upstairs.
  • Like 1

John he was taking the p.ss out of me no problem with that ,well to say what he said he can't be all there upstairs.

I blame it on the EU referendum....people are getting very tetchy and sensitive!

A letter has been received by the planners that seems to indicate that the Fire Service has no objection to the stadium using the land earmarked for a future possible fire station, if needed, being used as a car park.

I am still awaiting to see another notification about parking for speedway.

The super fast progress, ha ha, continues, a new letter has been received by GI from the council, there are no badgers or bats at the site but as the council have still not received detail information about temporary access and parking, a pre construction management plan etc were still outstanding and have not been discharged.

Edited by A ORLOV

Hows the new stadium looking, has Rosco it opened yet?..there was a picture of him with a speedway bike and a set of plans many moons ago in the local paper!!

Edited by Odds On

Is anybody truly optimistic it will ever happen? That's not a sarcasm, but a question.