British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

Why is there talk of Hampel getting a wild card for next year - have I missed something and he has witdrawn from this year?

As tho the Lagutas possibly in line for wild cards - they both show top class performances from time to time, especially Gregoriy, but not too sure they deserve permanent wild cards. Same oes for Vaculik - great rider when on top form, but can he do it for every GP. I do like the two Lagutas and Martin, but............

They're all more deserving than Chris Harris getting a wildcard though.

I do have a feeling that if the SGP series wants another Brit along side Tai they'll give it to Robert Lambert. Just a feeling.

The organisers are giving him ever opportunity to expand on his experiences in and around the bigger better riders. Wildcard in both U-21 & SGP qualifiers, just saying

Why is there talk of Hampel getting a wild card for next year - have I missed something and he has witdrawn from this year?

As tho the Lagutas possibly in line for wild cards - they both show top class performances from time to time, especially Gregoriy, but not too sure they deserve permanent wild cards.

goes for Vaculik - great rider when on top form, but can he do it for every GP. I do like the two Lagutas and Martin, but............

Hampel still haven't returned from injury and his Swedish team just brought in a replacement for him (on the 28 day rule for long term injured riders) which seems to indicate that Hampel

still is quite a way from returning to speedway. That would also indicate that he likely isn't back in the SGP until Cardiff at the earliest which would mean that he would be a long way behind

those riders who currently are in top 8. So Hampel likely would need a wild card for SGP 2017.

• Like 1

They're all more deserving than Chris Harris getting a wildcard though.

I do have a feeling that if the SGP series wants another Brit along side Tai they'll give it to Robert Lambert. Just a feeling.

The organisers are giving him ever opportunity to expand on his experiences in and around the bigger better riders. Wildcard in both U-21 & SGP qualifiers, just saying

9 rounds left, you assuming harris going to need a wildcard?

9 rounds left, you assuming harris going to need a wildcard?

Come the end of the GP series Harris will need snookers never mind a wild card.

Come the end of the GP series Harris will need snookers never mind a wild card.

Bomber hasn't needed a wild card pick for the last 2 years but can't see him been considered for one next year, if they do want 2 Brits which I don't think they do then Lambert is the only choice in my opinion

Bomber hasn't needed a wild card pick for the last 2 years but can't see him been considered for one next year, if they do want 2 Brits which I don't think they do then Lambert is the only choice in my opinion

Only in the 2014 qualifiers. ;)

Edited by SPEEDY69

Do like Lambert but he failed to qualify on his home track & lost a run off to Cook & yet he still gets the spot??

Is he related to Harris ?

Edited by Steve E
  • Like 1

the two years will mean 2015 and 2016

The qualifiers in 2014 were for the 2015 GP - you might remember he got knocked out in the quarter final stage. Then had a reprieve due to injuries, got knocked out again. Then had another reprieve when someone smiled on him offering a place in the challenge without asking those in line before him. I am not saying any of this was his fault though but he was favoured by the BSPA at the time. I also remember the Cardiff wildcard selection process in 2013 was changed for one year only (without telling the public or the majority of the riders) and handed to Harris. Again not his fault but I can't stand bias/favouritism, whatever the level, and we all know that goes on with the GP wildcards.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

The semi final at Lonigo on 2nd July...anyone know where, or if, I can get live streaming of this??

The semi final at Lonigo on 2nd July...anyone know where, or if, I can get live streaming of this??

In order for there to be live streaming you either need the meeting to be covered on TV or for a video company to offer a live stream, which is really quite rare outside Russia or Sweden. Sadly a semi-final of a qualifying series in Italy is an unlikely choice by either.

In order for there to be live streaming you either need the meeting to be covered on TV or for a video company to offer a live stream, which is really quite rare outside Russia or Sweden. Sadly a semi-final of a qualifying series in Italy is an unlikely choice by either.

Thank you for that, had a feeling it would be a non starter...shame as it looks a competitive meeting.

Thank you for that, had a feeling it would be a non starter...shame as it looks a competitive meeting.

Unfortunately we're a long way off having comprehensive coverage of speedway online. Obviously promotions are wary of losing spectators so want good money to allow TV coverage, so we only end up with the top level ----- plus One Sport's events of course :wink:

Does anybody know the line up please?