British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

I go to Landshut tomorrow, it is my local track and we don't get to see the big names here very often.

BUT, for the first time I intend not to fill in a programme. I simply can't be bothered about which sponor's riders win or lose. I will go there tomorrow trying just to watch "four riders race over four laps", like some BSF members on here often tell us this is what speedway is all about. So, I am looking forward to this "new experience" of attending a speedway meeting not bothering about points scores or who rides for which team.

• Like 2

Which is the Germans track where the start/finish is right on the exit of turn 4 ?

I watched a meeting online a couple of years ago and thought it very strange.

Which is the Germans track where the start/finish is right on the exit of turn 4 ?

I think you mean Dohren? Very small track with no straights.

I think its Güstrow, they had the best pairs there last year.

It is almost the same at Eskilstuna, the start/finish line is very early on the straight.

I go to Landshut tomorrow, it is my local track and we don't get to see the big names here very often.

BUT, for the first time I intend not to fill in a programme. I simply can't be bothered about which sponor's riders win or lose. I will go there tomorrow trying just to watch "four riders race over four laps", like some BSF members on here often tell us this is what speedway is all about. So, I am looking forward to this "new experience" of attending a speedway meeting not bothering about points scores or who rides for which team.

This is what One Sport are relying on - staging their meetings where the stars are rarely seen - in countries with little international racing or lesser tracks in Poland, with the exception of Torun.

The Best Pairs is clearly there for the benefit of corporate Poland this year. It IS four riders over four laps and best to forget the unacceptable format.

I hope you have a good meeting and enjoy the seeing the star riders.

It is almost the same at Eskilstuna, the start/finish line is very early on the straight.

We had an example over here at Mildenhall - a very rounded circuit where riders would often cross the line before their wheels were in line. I haven't been for a few years but expect it's still the same.

The old Wimbledon circuit had a start line close to bend four but a separate finish line further down, reportedly to get races up to the FIM minimum distance.

I think its Güstrow, they had the best pairs there last year.

Yes it is Gustrow,found a video on youtube earlier. I thought that the grooves from starting would cause mayhem when riders came round if they got caught up in one.

This is what One Sport are relying on - staging their meetings where the stars are rarely seen - in countries with little international racing or lesser tracks in Poland, with the exception of Torun.

The Best Pairs is clearly there for the benefit of corporate Poland this year. It IS four riders over four laps and best to forget the unacceptable format.

I hope you have a good meeting and enjoy the seeing the star riders.

We had an example over here at Mildenhall - a very rounded circuit where riders would often cross the line before their wheels were in line. I haven't been for a few years but expect it's still the same.

The old Wimbledon circuit had a start line close to bend four but a separate finish line further down, reportedly to get races up to the FIM minimum distance.

Plenty of riders got caught out by shutting off before the finish line

looking forward to this while I'm off work on the sick. An afternoon live meeting, lovely jubbly

Danny Smith, on 04 May 2016 - 3:52 PM, said:Danny Smith, on 04 May 2016 - 3:52 PM, said:

looking forward to this while I'm off work on the sick. An afternoon live meeting, lovely jubbly

That is unusual a midweek afternoon meeting, I shall be recording this and watching it in the evening as I have full day tomorrow, if I avoid the usual speedway web sites such as this one there will be little danger of spoiling viewing by seeing the result on any TV newsflash :D Just happy that the meeting is on TV. Hope you are soon feeling better so you can get back to work.

Edited by mike1944

Eurosport pulling out all the stops again today. Messr`s Rowe and Ermolenko are commentating direct from the landshut track.

Eurosport pulling out all the stops again today. Messr`s Rowe and Ermolenko are commentating direct from the landshut track.

Not quite all the stops, get Rowe a decent partner then I will agree with you.

• Like 1

Hope you all get to see a good meeting. Will miss it unfortunately but back for Poland tomorrow. Enjoy. Alan.

Hope you all get to see a good meeting. Will miss it unfortunately but back for Poland tomorrow. Enjoy. Alan.

Team eport2000.pl will struggle on without your support ;-)

• Like 2

Let go racing!!!!

Alright, I'll just watch but let's hope it's worth it

Good crowd considering it's mid day mid week meeting