British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Sheffield Tigers ( L C) - Easter Sunday, March 27th (3pm)

Ref (Peter Clarke) got clarification prior to todays meeting... that being, Tacticals allowed in LC Qualifying matches..but not the finals. Bit of confusion last week when it was understood that no tacticals were to be used...just as well neither team were in a position to take one!

As I said earlier thats certainly not as it reads, and I was certainly under the impression the rules had changed this year so no TR in the PLC as per the KOC.

Just out of interest who clarified the ruling today.

As I said earlier thats certainly not as it reads, and I was certainly under the impression the rules had changed this year so no TR in the PLC as per the KOC.

I agree - 18.2.4 is clear.

No -one ever admits to making a decision.

Team manager confirmed to me earlier that it was clarified by the SCB and that tacticals are allowed in early stages of both comps but not in knockout stages. The rule is poorly written and expect an official clarification being issued.

I believe it was CVS and Rob Godfrey.

That depends on whether the home support are happy with top quality racing.

Poor and he needs to sort some anger management courses. For anything but the first time, he started on an opposition rider after a race for no reason at all. He should channel that aggression into his riding.

Only Auty (probably the best I have ever seen him ride) Douglas and the battling Bailey were up to par for Scunny. Davies and Wilkinson simply weren't good enough, there have to be question marks about Holub (although I thought he tried hard) and the less said about Klindt the better.

Sheffield were very impressive, even Greaves deserving a better reward. Carry on like that and they will be a real title threat.

The track was a bit wet and heavy after a couple of light showers but there was still some cracking racing - notably from Auty and Garrity.

Riders like Klindt are the reason fans desert the sport,just taking their money without trying a leg if he doesn't gate.Pathetic IMO .
  • Like 1

Not a Scunny classic meeting, but some good racing nonetheless. For Scunny, Josh (Auty), Ryan and Josh (Bailey) deserve a lot of credit . For the rest of the lads, it was a bad day at the office. Over watered before the meeting started I'm lead to believe, which is normal for Scunny, but the several showers throughout the meeting, the track got worse within the first hour and that was it for Scunny, the last 4 - 5 races when the track dried out was when Scunny managed to get the setups right, but it was job done for Sheffield by then. Garrity and Howarth was impressive for Sheffield, and Wilko scored an unusual 4, if he had been fully fit it could easily have been double that. 2 Weeks until our next home meeting, but 2 away fixtures inbetween I'm sure the boys can get things sorted out. Onwards and upwards

Team manager confirmed to me earlier that it was clarified by the SCB and that tacticals are allowed in early stages of both comps but not in knockout stages. The rule is poorly written and expect an official clarification being issued.

The whole rulebook is poorly written that's why most of the people who use do not understand it and ask for clarification, including referees.

• Like 1

The whole rulebook is poorly written that's why most of the people who use do not understand it and ask for clarification, including referees.

In this case I'd say it is pretty clear - no tacticals. Nowhere does it mention qualifying rounds and finals.

Riders like Klindt are the reason fans desert the sport,just taking their money without trying a leg if he doesn't gate.Pathetic IMO .

You're right, and yesterday there was the strong contrast with the likes of Bailey busting a gut to score.

Not a Scunny classic meeting, but some good racing nonetheless. For Scunny, Josh (Auty), Ryan and Josh (Bailey) deserve a lot of credit . For the rest of the lads, it was a bad day at the office. Over watered before the meeting started I'm lead to believe, which is normal for Scunny, but the several showers throughout the meeting, the track got worse within the first hour and that was it for Scunny, the last 4 - 5 races when the track dried out was when Scunny managed to get the setups right, but it was job done for Sheffield by then. Garrity and Howarth was impressive for Sheffield, and Wilko scored an unusual 4, if he had been fully fit it could easily have been double that. 2 Weeks until our next home meeting, but 2 away fixtures inbetween I'm sure the boys can get things sorted out. Onwards and upwards

Would it benefit him to take a break to let the bone fully heal? Especially as he'll have KL meetings in that time too.

I believe it was CVS and Rob Godfrey.

halifaxtiger is right. The rule is crystal clear.

Furthermore it is the SCB rulebook, so why are BSPA members Godfrey and CVS authorising changes to it - neither are SCB members.

• Like 1

Amended score 40-50?

Furthermore it is the SCB rulebook, so why are BSPA members Godfrey and CVS authorising changes to it - neither are SCB members.

If you check the 2016 regs against the 2015 version it's even more clear that it's been changed this year to include all of the PLC and not just the SF,s and Final.

Unfortunately as has been explained to me several times the sections 16, 17 and 18 are under BSPA Control and not the SCB.

• Like 1

Is Richard Hall OK after his crash?

He walked back to the pits and was on the parade truck after the meeting, nothing else has been said so assume there are no problems, even though he didn't take his ride in Heat 14.

Have to agree it's clear but when you read about the TR not being allowed in the knock out stages of the Comp it casts a doubt and that doubt was clarified. Ref rule 18.13.