British Speedway Forum

Don't worry it's not even March 1st yet is it? Any minute now all will be revealed about the Aces in 2017. Lots of riders say that they are riding there even if we don't know who is employing them, I hope they have got it in writing! If so many riders are often owed money in speedway what use are the contracts that we are so often shown held up in congratulatory photos? IOUs?

A very good question that. :t:

I had to laugh at the IOU crack. :t::rofl: :rofl:

Very good wtg28. :approve:

Don't worry it's not even March 1st yet is it? Any minute now all will be revealed about the Aces in 2017. Lots of riders say that they are riding there even if we don't know who is employing them, I hope they have got it in writing! If so many riders are often owed money in speedway what use are the contracts that we are so often shown held up in congratulatory photos? IOUs?

its not just riders owed money there are plenty of riders who owe money and even a couple of cases of riders declaring themselves bankrupt owing a lot of money and it wasn't like they hadn't been paid
  • Like 2

its not just riders owed money there are plenty of riders who owe money and even a couple of cases of riders declaring themselves bankrupt owing a lot of money and it wasn't like they hadn't been paid

Also many contractors finish up out of pocket

• Like 1

/b]....Family probably better off then[/color].

Tsunami this type of comment diminshises any credibility you may hold and exemplifies your bitterness towards me.

For the record I doubt either party is better off however life goes on and as I said before I have no axe to grind.

Edited by jchapman

Fans Forum is tomorrow night at the stadium.

It's a ticketed event. You have to register your interest. 2 tickets per person

• Like 1

Fans Forum is tomorrow night at the stadium.

It's a ticketed event. You have to register your interest. 2 tickets per person

the stadium (door and bar will open at 7pm).

This is an opportunity for all fans to hear news regarding the forthcoming season and give you an opportunity to ask questions.

Owing to capacities, the evening will be a ticketed event. To apply for a free ticket (limited to 2 per person), register for the event today by clicking on the following link https://bellevuefansforum.eventbrite.co.uk

We hope you can join us.

I hope the fans forum is reported for those unable to attend - and for fans everywhere.

• Like 2

...why doesn't Mr Philip Rising or his colleagues at Speedway Star start digging round...

Glad you've got a sense of humour lol

Speedway Star engaging in investigative journalism is like Onslow (from Keeping Up Appearances) engaging in physical work.

Pirate Oliver, most debt's from a limited company are paid out of the asset's, & if you get 10% you have done well.

Thanks

Anyone going to stream the event on periscope or Facebook live?

Yes I probably will be

• Like 1

Wasn't planning on going to sea, but if need be..................................... :lol:

• Like 2

/b]....Family probably better off then[/color].

Tsunami this type of comment diminshises any credibility you may hold and exemplifies your bitterness towards me.

For the record I doubt either party is better off however life goes on and as I said before I have no axe to grind.

Could be correct. It's almost as bad as a favoured son trying to do the dirty on his father in public and still continuing saying he has got no axe to grind with his father.

YES, when the dust has settled on the new promotion.

Some of the remarks on here about 'investigative' journalism make me laugh. We are not the police or even a national newspaper with the money, time and experienced guys in that field. It is hard enough producing a 48 page mag every week on limited resources.

If people don't want to talk or limit what they say that is their prerogative. Gordon Pairman declined to embellish his original statement but there was hardly any need. MCC wouldn't comment.

The SCB would only confirm that BV's licence was annulled to protect the speedway assets (riders) of the club from the hands of administrators should they be called in.

I never said this was the end of the story and more will come out at a future date but nothing will be gained at this stage and until the future of speedway at the NSS is cut and dried.

WOULD concur with that.

The thing is that the Speedy Star article quoted from two of those involved : David Gordon & MCC. You have confirmed on here that Chris Morton & Gordon Pairman wouldn't say anything, the SCB gave a brief remark and that the BSPA will be asked for their view later (although I have to say I am not sure why).

It seems to me that if that had been mentioned in the article you'd be getting a lot less flak about 'investigative journalism' because you did actually try to cover all the angles.

The speculation and cloke and dagger meetings in smoke filled rooms there could be a movie made of this - but posts on here amazes me surly all any of us want including the villain of the closed season Buster Chapman is the Aces back on track . Or maybe some on here just like to moan and even some will revile in the fact if the Aces was to close .

I don't think for one moment that Buster Chapman wanted the Aces to close. But, from some of the posts on here, it appears that he wanted them to remain open on his terms and may have risked the existence of the club in doing so.

I believe Gordon Pairman stated on here that if Speedy Star did not state why he was not to be part of the Belle Vue set up (and I don't think they did) he'd say so himself.

I don't think he has yet.

• Like 1

Fans forum in the Peter Craven Suite 1900 hrs tomorrow . tickets only available free from official web site

I am on my way tomorrow afternoon