British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

The Great Entertainers.

Who over the years were the riders who really entertained you and stick out in your mind.A tough choice but here are my 10 choices no order.Briggs. Crump(senior). B.Thomas. C.Morton. PC. A.Smith. S.Mcconnell. N.Boocock. C.Lofqvist. Hitch.

Ronnie Moore,Peter Collins,Nicki Pedersen and that great all rounder Egon Müller,currently working on his next cd.......

Sam Ermolenko, Peter Karlsson, Jan O Pedersen, Chris Harris, Adam Skornicki, Stewart McDonald, Joe Screen, Freddie Lindgren, Tomasz Gollob, Darcy Ward

Briggo, PC, C. Morton, P. Crump (sen), M. Simmons, R. Moore, T. Woffinden, C. Lofqvist, R. Wilson, M. Ashby.

............. and for something different - my top three 'entertainers' from the old Second Division:

Jack 'Crazy Jack' Millen.

Tony Childs.

Robin Adlington.

6 years of watching Shane Parker round Ashfield tops my list .

Saw Henrik Gustafsson round Saddlebow Road in 1992 , that was amazing to watch . Likewise Les Collins round Powderhall .

Any rider who misses the gate , then proceeds to toy with his rivals before executing an overtake , is the biggest buzz watching speedway . Shane Parker doing that to Ryan Fisher , then waving to him after he passed him , brought the house down at Ashfield that day .

You have to include Chris Harris in that too , anyone who was at Cardiff that night in 2007 , will never forget it .

Oh for a few more Shane Parkers!

Great on and off track entertainment.🚜

Ben Howe was a favoutite of mine - often seemed mad as a box of frogs though 😲

• Like 1

6 years of watching Shane Parker round Ashfield tops my list .

Saw Henrik Gustafsson round Saddlebow Road in 1992 , that was amazing to watch . Likewise Les Collins round Powderhall .

Any rider who misses the gate , then proceeds to toy with his rivals before executing an overtake , is the biggest buzz watching speedway . Shane Parker doing that to Ryan Fisher , then waving to him after he passed him , brought the house down at Ashfield that day .

You have to include Chris Harris in that too , anyone who was at Cardiff that night in 2007 , will never forget it .

Was that a double edge sword kind of thing for bomber, never really lived up to it again at GP level. Fantastic night tho

Briggo, PC, C. Morton, P. Crump (sen), M. Simmons, R. Moore, T. Woffinden, C. Lofqvist, R. Wilson, M. Ashby.

............. and for something different - my top three 'entertainers' from the old Second Division:

Jack 'Crazy Jack' Millen.

Tony Childs.

Robin Adlington.

Two of those blokes Mad Jack and Childs were enterainers and tough but were great team men to.😀 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

In no particular I would go for Jack Parker, Bruce Pennell, John Cook, Alan Mogridge, Gary Middleton, Tomasz Gollob, Nikki Pedersen, Darcy Ward, Kenny Carter, and Mark Loram

Garry Middleton, Jack Millen, Hasse Holmqvist, Gordon Kennett, Barry Thomas, Eric Broadbelt, Marek Cieslak, Malcolm Ballard, Colin Ackroyd, Derek Harrison etc etc.

• Like 1

Mort,peter collins, the Morans, Emil Darcy nicki pedersen Kenny Carter Andy smith declan Eccles

Great shout for Declan, always seemed to be wearing grey overalls, great little rider.

To those mentioned in the thread already I'd add Soren Sjosten, John Cook and Stonehewer.

Great shout for Declan, always seemed to be wearing grey overalls, great little rider.

To those mentioned in the thread already I'd add Soren Sjosten, John Cook and Stonehewer.

I agree with John Cook...but he could be erratic sometimes which I would have found frustrating if he had ridden for my team!