British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Somerset Rebels Vs Kings Lynn Stars : 28th April.

said all along Allit is the wrong choice as team manager .

Having been in the pits with Dale on a number of occasions, I always got the impression that he was a highly capable team manager (in all aspects of the job) who rarely missed a trick. I am just surprised that he wasn't given the opportunity at the highest level at an earlier point.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that there is an explanation for what on the face of it is the most basic of errors.

Not to mention as I have already said, on the face of it it looks like an error leaving Shanes' last ride until heat 14 but it effectively won the match for the Stars - along with the brilliant Craig Cook.

• Like 1

absolutely who am I ? And at the end of the day it's Busters business not mine .

But we are all entitled to an opinion and I've made mine known . I hope come the end of the season I'm proved wrong .

And will admit it? What exactly has Dale got to do for you to be proved wrong?

As an aside it would be nice to read some positives from you instead of all negatives.....

not at all - said all along he's the wrong man in the wrong job and I stand by it

spot on he shouldn't have got the job in the first place .

Should of been Olly Allen

• Like 3

To my mind it would be very harsh to let Starke go when the trouble is with the number one, a team with a good number one would be able to carry Starke till he sorts his machinery problems out.

Should of been Olly Allen

spot on an ex rider who can relate to the riders .

And will admit it? What exactly has Dale got to do for you to be proved wrong?

As an aside it would be nice to read some positives from you instead of all negatives.....

guess my head isn't buried in sand - everything in your KL garden is rosy .
  • Like 1

spot on an ex rider who can relate to the riders .

​I am sure I don't need to remind you that the most successful team manager in British Speedway is Peter Adams.

• Like 1

Was this as good as last week's meeting against Swindon, 44-46, decent crowd again?

Having been in the pits with Dale on a number of occasions, I always got the impression that he was a highly capable team manager (in all aspects of the job) who rarely missed a trick. I am just surprised that he wasn't given the opportunity at the highest level at an earlier point.

Dale is highly capable as a TM and the fact that he was doing such a good job at Peterborough surely prompted Lynn to promote him rather than lose him full time to the Panthers.

• Like 1

Was this as good as last week's meeting against Swindon, 44-46, decent crowd again?

Good meeting, not as good as Swindon but then you'd have to go some to beat the Josh v Doyle heats. Crowd a bit down but not surprising given Kings Lynn is a fair old hike.

• Like 1

​I am sure I don't need to remind you that the most successful team manager in British Speedway is Peter Adams.

Rob Lyon didn't do too badly either.

Out of Graversen and Tungate... who will better their current sub 4 point Ave? Tungate should be a 7 point man at least with not too much bother. Graversen will have to have the season of his life to get that 7 point mark....

A couple of things that annoy me about speedway (yes Trees more :P ). Anyone in management calling fans keyboard warriors, cos whatever their views they are entitled to state them, abuse apart, especially if they are paying customers. The second is the secrecy that seems to surround the sport. Fans are not idiots nor are they delicate little flowers that need the truth keeping from them. Maybe if the fans were given more information in good time there would be less keyboard warriorism. Just a thought.

• Like 7

A couple of things that annoy me about speedway (yes Trees more :P ). Anyone in management calling fans keyboard warriors, cos whatever their views they are entitled to state them, abuse apart, especially if they are paying customers. The second is the secrecy that seems to surround the sport. Fans are not idiots nor are they delicate little flowers that need the truth keeping from them. Maybe if the fans were given more information in good time there would be less keyboard warriorism. Just a thought.

Fair point. But there is an awful lot of fans Keyboard warriors who know longer go to speedway. Im sure there is an awful lot on here..... ;)

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Good turn out by both sets of Poole and Swindon fans at the OTA this season for the respective matches.

Only realised how many Swindon fans were actually there when they clinched victory in the last race. Seemed like a couple of hundred at least. Very quiet during the meeting though!

After reading last weeks great racing comments was actually going to attend this one, mostly to see Holder, but with yet another match using a guest, will give it a miss. A Shame.

Oldtimer, I started going to speedway in the 70's. In those days I became familiar with rider replacement and guests featuring on a regular basis. Nothing has really changed since those days, possibly both feature a little more regularly. Nevertheless, if you become accustomed to it, and I must stress I'm not a fan of it, surely you are losing out by not attending?

Am I to assume you are not used to guests and rider replacement? The racing at the OTA has been first class this season. I have seen some of the best races I have EVER seen. The step up to the Premiership appears to have brought a step up in the standard of racing too. Not that it was ever mediocre in the old league.

Get down there oldtimer, don't cut your nose off to spite your face! ;)

• Like 5