British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Who ever is to blame has really pissed me off I will be getting a refund on my Wolves ticket in the morning(I have not missed a home meeting in years) as I will not pay for a meeting that my team has little or no chance of winning because of the stupid way the sport is run.More so I cannot attend a meeting that says sod the Colts and could destroy any hopes of the Colts making their final.

Understand your frustration mate, but to be honest neither Competition the two Aces' teams are in has any credibility anyway so I wouldn't look too deep in to the ramifications of the respective teams missing riders..

Just go along on Friday, take it for what it is, ie yet another contrived event in a long, long list of contrived Play Off Final qualification events, hopefully see some good racing in front of hopefully a good crowd for once, go home, continue with life..

Not worth getting worked up about the workings of British Speedway, the tipping point of it ever being ran with the credibility of a 'proper sport' has long since passed..

And win, lose, or draw, it doesn't really matter, because everyone knows there's zero kudos in winning any British Speedway title..

If you go, just enjoy the racing and hopefully the red and blue helmets will score more than the white and yellow/black ones..

If they dont, then hey-ho, it will soon be forgotten..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

Met office has a much better forecast for tomorrow now. Rain in the morning but dry for the rest of the day.

Belle vue had no chance but to run Friday, we had to get the meeting in before Monday or it gifted wolves the final

We do not have permission to ride thursday so that's out of question

Friday we are missing fricke only

Saturday and Sunday both teams will be missing multiple riders. So Friday was the best decision.

Regarding fricke missing it puts wolves as massive favourites now and if we did manage to do it then it would go down as one of the best/biggest wins in aces history.

R/R is obvious choice with cook, tungate, Worrall and bewley being able to take a ride but if one of them is off form then we are stuffed.

Can hsve Nicholls king Lawson bjerre.

If go baby bjerre if we was to go for a guest

This is the point, what has the MA got to do with anything in either rule? If it said regardless of team position it would make sense. It's pretty clear, a guest isn't permitted by Art 18.10.

As you say, what other reason would there be for the 'if permitted by 18.10"?

I have no doubt a guest will be allowed though as there is a precedent earlier in the season...

So best choices seem to be Lambert, Harris or Nicholls?

Lambert is in same U21 final as Fricke- unless you meant Simon Lambert !!!!!
  • Like 1

Confirmed teams for Friday

1. Kenneth Bjerre

2. Steve Worrall

3. Hans Andersen (Guest)

4. Rohan Tungate

5. Craig Cook

6. Dan Bewley

7. Rob Shuttleworth (Guest)

1. Freddie Lindgren

2. Kyle Howarth

3. Rory Schlein

4. R/R

5. Sam Masters

6. Mark Riss

7. Nathan Greaves

Prediction - Belle Vue 51-39 Wolves - Wolves go through, JUST!!

Do you think its funny to post total rubbish on here and expect sensible fans to believe its gospel! Pathetic.

Belle vue had no chance but to run Friday, we had to get the meeting in before Monday or it gifted wolves the final

We do not have permission to ride thursday so that's out of question

Friday we are missing fricke only

Saturday and Sunday both teams will be missing multiple riders. So Friday was the best decision.

Regarding fricke missing it puts wolves as massive favourites now and if we did manage to do it then it would go down as one of the best/biggest wins in aces history.

R/R is obvious choice with cook, tungate, Worrall and bewley being able to take a ride but if one of them is off form then we are stuffed.

Can hsve Nicholls king Lawson bjerre.

If go baby bjerre if we was to go for a guest

I would go with Harris. Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

Do you think its funny to post total rubbish on here and expect sensible fans to believe its gospel! Pathetic.

I would go with Harris.

He's riding for peterborough at Scunthorpe so we can't have him

Terrible situation for the aces, rr is very dangerous but couldnt have king or scotty guesting either

The pendulum swings back in Wolves favour with Fricke missing. Ridiculous that we have to pander to BT who are not even paying for the privilege of broadcasting the final!

• Like 3

Understand your frustration mate, but to be honest neither Competition the two Aces' teams are in has any credibility anyway so I wouldn't look too deep in to the ramifications of the respective teams missing riders..

Just go along on Friday, take it for what it is, ie yet another contrived event in a long, long list of contrived Play Off Finsl qualification events, hopefully see some good racing in front of hopefully a good crowd for once, go home, continue with life..

Not worth getting worked up about the workings of British Speedway, the tipping point of it ever being ran with the credibility of a 'proper sport' has long since passed..

And win, lose, or draw, it doesn't really matter, because everyone knows there's zero kudos in winning any British Speedway title..

If you go, just enjoy the racing and hopefully the red and blue helmets will score more than the white and yellow/black ones..

If they dont, then hey-ho, it will soon be forgotten..

Probably the best post ever on this forum!

I'm neutral on this with regards to team preferences. Yes, it would have been better if Belle Vue could have fielded a full team.

However, it's not exactly Wolves fault that Thorssell is out is it. So Fricke missing actually seems a fair result to me. If I were BV I would definitely use RR as likely to score more than any guest available.

I think the outcome is 50/50 and may the best team on the night win.

I have a lot of sympathy with the views expressed by B.V 72. It is bad enough that we have to race without Fricke, during his spell out injured r/r at home produced about 7 or 8 points, whereas Fricke on his current form is worth at least 11/12. We are already going to be 2/3 points worse off because of the injury to Smith and combined that is going to make it very difficult to claw back the 13 point deficit. Wolves are without Thorssell but I think it very likely that r/r will cover the points he was likely to get.

The rearranged date is also damaging the Colts who will go into their play off semi final without their top 4 riders. The two injuries they have to accept but the loss of Bewley and Shuttleworth is ridiculous. They have fought hard all season to get into the play offs and now have their chance of progress to the final put at serious risk through no fault of their own.

Racing on Friday, presumably to pander to BT but I suspect we shall never know if the powers that be actually spoke to them to see if the option of racing the semi final on Monday and the final on Wednesday and the following Monday was a possibility, has seriously affected the credibility of the competition in both the PL and NL.

• Like 2

I have a lot of sympathy with the views expressed by B.V 72. It is bad enough that we have to race without Fricke, during his spell out injured r/r at home produced about 7 or 8 points, whereas Fricke on his current form is worth at least 11/12. We are already going to be 2/3 points worse off because of the injury to Smith and combined that is going to make it very difficult to claw back the 13 point deficit. Wolves are without Thorssell but I think it very likely that r/r will cover the points he was likely to get.

The rearranged date is also damaging the Colts who will go into their play off semi final without their top 4 riders. The two injuries they have to accept but the loss of Bewley and Shuttleworth is ridiculous. They have fought hard all season to get into the play offs and now have their chance of progress to the final put at serious risk through no fault of their own.

Racing on Friday, presumably to pander to BT but I suspect we shall never know if the powers that be actually spoke to them to see if the option of racing the semi final on Monday and the final on Wednesday and the following Monday was a possibility, has seriously affected the credibility of the competition in both the PL and NL.

Surely Shuttleworth can't guest for the Aces when his team (the Colts) are riding? I would have thought he would be more beneficial in the Colts team anyway
  • Like 1

Surely Shuttleworth can't guest for the Aces when his team (the Colts) are riding? I would have thought he would be more beneficial in the Colts team anyway

A rider can miss an NL fixture for any reason...

I expect BT thought Poole would be in the final, was always consecutive Mondays.

The last 2 years the final was Monday & Wednesday same week.

• Like 1