British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but you don't have to park there do you. I always park on the industrial estate at Kings Lynn which is free. You don't have to park in Poole stadium car park either you can park in a side road.

I always use the industrial estate. Easier to get away after the meeting.. I don't think a pound is bad. Maybe make it free for disabled and blue badge holders, so they don't have to walk far.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Agreed Geoff, but my big worry is, with monster running cost and a very lacklustre BV management/promotion, it can not last loosing over £250k a season. Something has to give? 

adrian smith is quite happy with the 5year plan this season will be the 3rd !!

51 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

We'll see whose still running in a few years time then lol.

yeah we will wolves are run by stadia uk and we all know there record !! it is well known from last season adams/ van stratten were worried with crowds & stadium future !! lol 

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

yeah we will wolves are run by stadia uk and we all know there record !! it is well known from last season adams/ van stratten were worried with crowds & stadium future !! lol 

When did the Ladbrokes/Coral group sell Monmore Green ??

19 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Wrong its ladbrokes 

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Wrong its ladbrokes 

ladbrookes  got bought out last year !! whoever it is it's still same senario !!

4 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Wrong its ladbrokes 

GVC HOLDINGS bought ladbrokes/coral  in  december 2017 

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but you don't have to park there do you. I always park on the industrial estate at Kings Lynn which is free. You don't have to park in Poole stadium car park either you can park in a side road.

Unfortunately I do have to park there as I'm not able to walk very far these days, hence I get there quite early in order to guarantee a space.:blink:

I don't really like the charge for car parking but i'm not totally against it.I'm with Bagpuss and expected it a few years ago anyway.People won't like the charge,who does like paying extra.But it would bring us in line with many clubs who have been charging years,and more than £1.You go to many sporting events and they will charge you for parking and you could put an extra digit in front of that £1 too.

On a side note it's cost me £16 this last couple of weeks in charges for 4 appointments at the QE hospital.Now that gets my goat charging poorly people to park.

47 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't really like the charge for car parking but i'm not totally against it.I'm with Bagpuss and expected it a few years ago anyway.People won't like the charge,who does like paying extra.But it would bring us in line with many clubs who have been charging years,and more than £1.You go to many sporting events and they will charge you for parking and you could put an extra digit in front of that £1 too.

On a side note it's cost me £16 this last couple of weeks in charges for 4 appointments at the QE hospital.Now that gets my goat charging poorly people to park. 

I'm with you on that one.

And the staff have to pay too! 

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

adrian smith is quite happy with the 5year plan this season will be the 3rd !!

Sorry but you can not be happy with the way BV is being run and promoted. The NSS is without doubt the best speedway facility in the UK and they have done precisely nothing with it exept lose half the crowd and, by all accounts, a shed load of money. Great business plan that is, in 5 years they will have lost well over a £1m...the incompetent Mr Smith may be happy with the plan...because it’s not his money? 

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

GVC HOLDINGS bought ladbrokes/coral  in  december 2017 

GVC Holdings finally completed the acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC on 28 March 2018 ... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

accept loose half the crowd

We've got to accept that half the crowd are loose?       Does this come with an English translation?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Unfortunately I do have to park there as I'm not able to walk very far these days, hence I get there quite early in order to guarantee a space.:blink:

Yes that is a shame. i realise some less able will have to park in the car park maybe for those people like you they should get free parking.

• Like 1