British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

This is the issue, so long as any other successful planning application yields BE significant profits I doubt they will want to sell the site, as a matter of curiosity has anyone been able to find out who are the people behind Brandon Estates ?.

John Gary downer 

Why don't the developers find another site and build there houses on it and leave the stadium to speedway.On a site dead opposite the stadium there was a market garden bigger than the Brandon site developers have been trying for many year's to get planning for houses but it gets turned down every time .Brandon has not got the facilities doctors, schooling,and every thing else thats needed

Olly Holt has been very supportive throughout with little snippets of support for SOS appearing quite regularly!

Today's almost full page in the D.Mail is a great read!:t:

• Like 1

Brandon stadium has just been brought up in PMQ’s! The local MP asked Sunak if he backed the planning decision to turn it down was good. Sunak replied that it was and hoped to see stocks and speedway return to Brandon Stadium.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Brandon stadium has just been brought up in PMQ’s! The local MP asked Sunak if he backed the planning decision to turn it down was good. Sunak replied that it was and hoped to see stocks and speedway return to Brandon Stadium.

I nearly choked on my dinner......... excellent stuff.

Edited by eric i

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just heard that, good news hopefully.

Thank you Oliver Holt on the excellent article in the Daily Mail.

Now as a thought, would't it be nice if he followed this up with an article about the going ons at Swindon?  Perhaps the new proposed development at Torquay United and out-of-twon stadium by the same owners?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a4poster said:

Now as a thought, would't it be nice if he followed this up with an article about the going ons at Swindon?  Perhaps the new proposed development at Torquay United and out-of-twon stadium by the same owners?

I think if there had been a campaign like at Oxford and Coventry then the Swindon story may have been told but sadly no such campaign ever surfaced.

5 hours ago, a4poster said:

No harm in dropping him a line and asking him to investigate the goings on at Swindon.    Oliver.Holt@dailymail.co.uk 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eric i said:

Anybody who missed it.

That was a huge surprise yesterday, hopefully, instead of building lots of little brick walls on the site, Brandon Estates have just run into a massive one themselves.

• Like 1

Out of interest, do we know how much Brandon Estates paid for the land purchase many years ago?