British Speedway Forum
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches 5th Aug

18 minutes ago, Trees said:

Don't think he simply 'walked up to him' do you?  The bloke with the flag walked into his path, how stupid was that?

That wasnt the one he punched. You need to watch the longer video. Yes, he spoke to him but launching fists is nothing but unnecessary assault. 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Looks like several others could get punished too if Cook does going by that video. 

You could be right there

Cook launched his fists first, fail to see how anyone can defend that. If it was in the street or my family/friend on the receiving end I know what I'd think.  Cook ignored the lights/flags and therefore started the trouble. And just for the record, I'm not a cook 'hater' I'd say the same no matter who it was. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Cook launched his fists first, fail to see how anyone can defend that. If it was in the street or my family/friend on the receiving end I know what I'd think.  Cook ignored the lights/flags and therefore started the trouble. And just for the record, I'm not a cook 'hater' I'd say the same no matter who it was. 

That's the way I see it. 

First with the marshall getting in the way and then the smaller fellow obviously having words i would say his heckles were up already.And then you could see the third one who walked up to him just wanted trouble and unfortunately Cook was ready to explode and he did.Guess that was a compatriot of Kennetts,seen him and his friends first hand around Cardiff looking for trouble before.

Don't suppose it was them that started running out at Jorgensen last night:D

Watching all that though took me back to the golden years of speedway where it was quite often you would see a little scrap.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

From what has been reported and seeing the recording for myself - I genuinely cannot see why people are calling for Cook to be banned!  If introductions are still being done then no one should be on a bike.  They are on a bike so the flag marshall should not be on the track and certainly not deliberately side stepping in front of a bike with no brakes - everything that happened after that was as a result of that!  In my opinion Cook was provoked and he should have walked away but it was probably difficult with a mob around him.  Let’s see what happens next with the BSPA/SCB - if anything.  Seems to be a lot of Cook haters speaking out though!

What was Cook doing on a bike when the intros were only half way through. Being disrespectful. Red light on by the ref. Flag man told to stop him. Cook ran him over then shoulder charged him. A guy went up and told Cook he was out of order. Got a punch in the head for his troubles. Then the fracas started.

Can only lay the whole sorry mess on Cooks shoulders. Should be banned for the rest of the season and fined.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Looks like several others could get punished too if Cook does going by that video. 

All these crying for Cook ban. Looks to me like there a few there that could face charges.. What a shambles

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What was Cook doing on a bike when the intros were only half way through. Being disrespectful. Red light on by the ref. Flag man told to stop him. Cook ran him over then shoulder charged him. A guy went up and told Cook he was out of order. Got a punch in the head for his troubles. Then the fracas started. 

Can only lay the whole sorry mess on Cooks shoulders. Should be banned for the rest of the season and fined.

Ran him over...FFS wind it in.. Banned for the rest of the season lol.. Wasn't you the one that cried out for Lambo to be banned when he posted a pic of gallons of oil tipped on the Poole track after a meeting last season...? You said it was from the tractor.. When other Poole fans said they saw someone tip it on the track, you told them " to keep your gob shut, nothing to see here "... :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You would think like that!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What was Cook doing on a bike when the intros were only half way through.

No idea and he wasn’t the only one

Being disrespectful. Red light on by the ref. Flag man told to stop him. Cook ran him over then shoulder charged him.

The flag man moved into Cook’s path - not a smart move for a bike with no brakes.  He hardly charged him - as he was on a bike but if someone walked in front of your car - I’m sure you wouldn’t be pleased (I’m not condoning his reaction)

A guy went up and told Cook he was out of order.

I think he probably said more than that but neither of us were there so can only speculate.

Got a punch in the head for his troubles. Then the fracas started.

I Can’t  condone his reaction but he was obviously provoked

I cant agree - a fine would probably suffice and/or a short ban at most.  The flag man should be banned for life!

Answers above

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

First with the marshall getting in the way and then the smaller fellow obviously having words i would say his heckles were up already.And then you could see the third one who walked up to him just wanted trouble and unfortunately Cook was ready to explode and he did.Guess that was a compatriot of Kennetts,seen him and his friends first hand around Cardiff looking for trouble before.

Don't suppose it was them that started running out at Jorgensen last night:D

Watching all that though took me back to the golden years of speedway where it was quite often you would see a little scrap.

Actually that was Martin Dugards Brother Paul

4 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Whoever it was he looked like he wanted trouble. 

5 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Blimey, remember him.. he had a dust up sometime in his short career too if i remember right. 

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

GO ON COOKIE LAD, SMASH UM' UP BOY :drink:

Speedway as it should be, that's entertainment :t:

• Like 2