British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

On 12/4/2022 at 7:02 PM, Big Al said:

Might be mistaken but the tractor at Sheffield looks very much like the one at Blackbird Road in the 1970's and 1980's. Built to last, those Fergusons.

All the tractors at Sheffield believe belong to Graham the track curator who is a big lover of the old masse ferguson 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 7:05 PM, The Third Man said:

Think its the same tractor from when i started going in 1968

To me it looks like the one Frank Varey used to drive.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:11 AM, Dornier said:

To me it looks like the one Frank Varey used to drive.

Now that was a man who knew how to prepare a track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

The pIss take continues. How long until they identify an exciting new site but need the cash out of the Abbey housing to build.

Swindon Motorsports launch 'call for sites' to find Abbey replacement | Swindon Advertiser

That headline from the Adver  is the same that was issued in a press release  on the 8/11/22 by motorsports or whatever they call themselves

The Adver  have a history of just copy and pasting stuff.

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

The pIss take continues. How long until they identify an exciting new site but need the cash out of the Abbey housing to build.

Swindon Motorsports launch 'call for sites' to find Abbey replacement | Swindon Advertiser

Do they not know that a purpose built site should be built in Swindon directly on the site where Swindon Robins used to race by the very people looking for another site?....

Maybe someone should mention it to them...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Do they not know that a purpose built site should be built in Swindon directly on the site where Swindon Robins used to race by the very people looking for another site?....

Maybe someone should mention it to them...?

Maybe someone should also mention to them that Speedway fans are actually aware of Osborne's record when it comes to Speedway tracks, and there is very little chance of anyone believing that he is going to do anything at all that benefits our sport. Unless of course it benefits him. And if he has suddenly realised that he can make money out of it he must be really kicking himself for closing all those tracks down! I just cant believe they think everyone is that gullible.

• Like 1

Oxford is within 45 minutes on a good day, just share with them. 

It’s sad that there appears to be no fan organised opposition to the loss of the Swindon robins along the lines of Coventry or Oxford who have had plenty of positive support during their wilderness years 

Surely there must be plenty of people with the required skills and passion to drive this forward

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toady said:

It’s sad that there appears to be no fan organised opposition to the loss of the Swindon robins along the lines of Coventry or Oxford who have had plenty of positive support during their wilderness years 

Surely there must be plenty of people with the required skills and passion to drive this forward

An amazing level of apathy...

You can only presume Swindon Speedway isnt worth saving in the eyes of the majority of their fans and promoters.. 

On 12/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, thecoombdog said:

What planet are those people living on! To think one of them is a credible speedway promoter beggars belief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deano said:

What planet are those people living on! To think one of them is a credible speedway promoter beggars belief.

They are a joke. Haven't they sold the track equipment as well?. It beggars belief that they think people will will be taken in by their bull crap. Giving some fans false hope after the farce over the Abbey. I'm sure they have had a good Christmas:angry:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

They are a joke. Haven't they sold the track equipment as well?. It beggars belief that they think people will will be taken in by their bull crap. Giving some fans false hope after the farce over the Abbey. I'm sure they have had a good Christmas:angry:

let me take your car away, help me look for another one once I’ve crushed your current one.

its f’ing ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deano said:

let me take your car away, help me look for another one once I’ve crushed your current one.

its f’ing ridiculous.

image.jpeg.a93a08e8d977df0a9d9efc5971c3231a.jpeg