British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Redcar. Championship. 11th August 2021

53 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

All I keep hearing is there is no money in speedway now etc  , I beg to differ why would Steve Worrall drive from his Cleethorpes home for a home meeting in Poole  which is approx 280 miles away and a minimum of a 6 hour drive one way ?????

Because Poole pay their riders on time. Fuel expenses are put against his tax bill, and sitting in a can for hours on end are part of the job. Most of the Poole team travel to Dorset for home meetings.

Rory Schlein from Coventry,  Basso from Denmark overstaying at Middlos, Worrall from Cleethorpes, King from near Peterborough, Neilsen from Beccles, Hume from Aylesbury, Ben Cook at Middlos.

Steve why do you bother?

The situation has become another reason to knock Poole.

• Like 3

Bottom line is Poole are successful Speedway Club who attract attendances to make  it viable.End Off.

Edited by Fromafar

14 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Poole fans you best get use to this  as it’s a fact  Stadia uk don’t want speedway at the stadium and they will make a bigger profit margin  by the stadium been re developed to something else  ie housing  . It’s a modern scourge to get speedway out of prime locations for profit

That fiction certainly suits your user name.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

So if Stadia UK decided the bars would be closed for the night, could the meeting have gone  ahead ? After all they still have the rent from the  Speedway !!

No. Having worked as a senior manager at a large venue with a total capacity of around 10,000, the Licensed Premises Supervisor must be on the premises if the public are admitted in substantial numbers.

Its not just a simple case of handing the stadium keys to someone else unless the 'someone else' has also passed the Licensed Premises certification.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

No. Having worked as a senior manager at a large venue with a total capacity of around 10,000, the Licensed Premises Supervisor must be on the premises if the public are admitted in substantial numbers.

Its not just a simple case of handing the stadium keys to someone else unless the 'someone else' has also passed the Licensed Premises certification.

Ok

Message from Barry Bishop of the Wightlink Warriors for Redcar fans coming shortly.

Edited by Rob Dyer
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What an utter pain in the ass. Summer holidays big crowd expected and a few stadium staff get covid. 

I'm sure it's more of a pain in the arse for the suspected covid cases, don't you think... Lets hope they don't end up in Hospital eh... Or worse !!!  All you are worried about is the bloody money ffs.. Seems Ford thinks the same, saying they have lost thousands already....  Lives come first, or it should do. Having know 2 people die with Covid, and my daughter and Grandson tested Positive 4 days ago. I find your post out of order. :nono:

• Like 5

Message to all the Redcar Bears Speedway Fans on the Southern tour, who have extended it to visit the Isle of Wight.

We are all very sorry to hear of the meeting cancellation at Poole, so we wanted to do a small surprise to cheer you all up while you are at Smallbrook Stadium with us. We will organise a centre green visit at least during your visit and if we can extend it to other treats we will.
Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there .

All the best from us all and we look forward to welcome you

If you are coming there will be

Gates open 5.15pm

Pits open 5.45 - 6.15pm

Youth demos from 6.15pm

Lady races - 3 races featuring 4 female riders.

6.45 Parade

Upright challenge 6 races of Team MPS Body and Paint Jawa V Metro Timber Weslakes.

15 races of 3TT Warriors V Oxford V Heathens. 15 races including Handicap races, and nominated races.

BRUCE CRIBB rides an ice bike and if there is time we will have a few japs out and about at meeting close

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Message to all the Redcar Bears Speedway Fans on the Southern tour, who have extended it to visit the Isle of Wight.

We are all very sorry to hear of the meeting cancellation at Poole, so we wanted to do a small surprise to cheer you all up while you are at Smallbrook Stadium with us. We will organise a centre green visit at least during your visit and if we can extend it to other treats we will.
Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there .

All the best from us all and we look forward to welcome you

If you are coming there will be

Gates open 5.15pm

Pits open 5.45 - 6.15pm

Youth demos from 6.15pm

Lady races - 3 races featuring 4 female riders.

6.45 Parade

Upright challenge 6 races of Team MPS Body and Paint Jawa V Metro Timber Weslakes.

15 races of 3TT Warriors V Oxford V Heathens. 15 races including Handicap races, and nominated races.

BRUCE CRIBB rides an ice bike and if there is time we will have a few japs out and about at meeting close

46 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm sure it's more of a pain in the arse for the suspected covid cases, don't you think... Lets hope they don't end up in Hospital eh... Or worse !!!  All you are worried about is the bloody money ffs.. Seems Ford thinks the same, saying they have lost thousands already....  Lives come first, or it should do. Having know 2 people die with Covid, and my daughter and Grandson tested Positive 4 days ago. I find your post out of order. :nono:

Of course people's health is more important and if Stadia Uk/GI are telling the truth then yes hope they get better soon.

BUT with covid been around for a couple of years now, just going on what skidder has said about the person being ill and that it can't go ahead because no one can stand in for them. Surely you would have more than when person who can do it even if they are just on call. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Of course people's health is more important and if Stadia Uk/GI are telling the truth then yes hope they get better soon.

BUT with covid been around for a couple of years now, just going on what skidder has said about the person being ill and that it can't go ahead because no one can stand in for them. Surely you would have more than when person who can do it even if they are just on call. 

I can tell you categorically the truth has been told.

Also doesn't help some of the licensed speedway staff are in isolation as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

What sugaŕray has said is facts not lies as you seem to think they could be so give it a rest and enjoy the meeting weds week against scunthorpe the meeting just cannot run tomorrow night 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But it’s summer holidays with lots of people in the area. These people swell the crowd and the club make a profit. Running the meeting mid Sept means a smaller crowd and lost opportunity to swell the coffers. It’s pretty disastrous to be honest.

I didn’t mean it in a disrespectful way and I’m sorry if that’s how it came across.

6 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

What's the point of the SCB awarding a point each. Another stupid pointless reply. 

Restage the meeting so both sets of fans can attend and create revenue.

STUPID eh ? :nono: May the rain gods pee down on you every Wednesday in Dorset from next week till the end of October. :party:

Not pointless at all - in fact I was being fair and reasonable - ONE POINT each - if you would take time to read the content of my post !

A re run meeting should only take place on appeal to the BSPL ...where they should review the facts and see if all reasonable steps were taken to run the original fixture.  (hire temporary staff ?) Far too many fans plans are being disrupted  on a whim by promotions who seem to just take the option of  restaging  at a later date.  Cynics would look a the proposed Poole team and say that it gives them more time to strengthen their side (the Basso lad  not being available tomorrow) Although I am certain Poole never would (or ever have) done that in their history

I doubt many Redcar fans would trust the Poole management to honour any restaging date.

This should be the stance taken for all postponed meetings for  weather or non weather related issues , primarlily to avoid fixture congestion.  The emphasis should be on running the meetings whenever possible  on the original dates. 

• Thanks 1