British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

British final 2021

I’ve been looking but can’t find a thread for this meeting… any ideas where it is ? 

So Conner Cole’s has been banned from being reserve for the British final by the bspl because he rode at the iow, how pathetic is that! ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

So Conner Cole’s has been banned from being reserve for the British final by the bspl because he rode at the iow, how pathetic is that! ! 

Totally pathetic. But why aren't I surprised, who would want to be a speedway rider under that organisation. Not many it seems.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, Jonny the spud said:

I’ve been looking but can’t find a thread for this meeting… any ideas where it is ? 

1 hour ago, flipper11 said:

Totally disgraceful and pathetic by the BSPL and the guys that head that organisation, as i have wrote elsewhere this works two ways in that whilst the  current attitude of the BSPL remains as it is towards the IOW and riders that appear there i will not ever be visiting Scunthorpe Speedway, luckily they have big enough crowds to not miss my occasional few quid whenever i visit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Absolutely ridiculous not to mention illegal. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vince said:

Absolutely ridiculous not to mention illegal. 

“Illegal”? 

Restriction of trade I suspect but also it has been proven in court that you cannot stop even amateur riders competing with other organisations/ clubs by refusing them entry to your events when the ACU have tried to do it.

17 minutes ago, Vince said:

Restriction of trade

Without trying to sound like I'm justifying the pathetic BSPL decision,  I don't think you can apply "restriction of trade" here. If they have the summary powers to impose disciplinary action for breaches of their rules, then so be it. No different to a footballer being suspended by the FA for bringing the game into disrepute etc etc. It still doesn't make their decision, based on whatever grounds "in the best interests of British Speedway" though.  More nails for the coffin, anyone?

BSPL supporting British riders......ha ha . What a bunch of losers. It’s their poor management of the sport that led to IoW leaving the NL, toform the NDL which is now a joke training league losing teams like England losing wickets in test match cricket.

Has there been anything ‘official’  from ‘official’ sources to say that this is the case ? or is it just hearsay ?

The reason I ask is that he’s a Belle Vue rider and I don't suppose they would be happy at a ‘ban’ for their rider and the BSPL have gone public saying they are happy for riders to appear at the I.O.W. so this does not make sense.

Not long ago this line up would be lucky to get a second half ride at many tracks

• Like 1

Just now, wealdstone said:

Not long ago this line up would be lucky to get a second half ride at many tracks

when the British final was a route in the world championship

• Like 1

Hows the weather in Manc?