British Speedway Forum

What we really need is a Great Reset !! Does anyone know where we can find one ?

Build back better

I’ll get me coat :D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What we really need is a Great Reset !! Does anyone know where we can find one ?

Build back better

I’ll get me coat :D

What about levelling up?

• Haha 1

Bet Ronnie O'Sullivan has changed his mind...... I'll stick to Snooker, it's more exciting!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Its the riders imo, they only know one way now, and thats completely flat out. And thats how speedway is, even jason crump is saying how it is really, “wev ridden worse”

Todays riders have no track craft at all, they all prepare these super fast bikes to go 110% and everything is all about speed, and that just isnt good ingriediance for great speedway. I blame the bikes and the riders

the teack isnt brilliant granted but its unpredictable snd not super smooth

Totally agree with you and it pains me to say that but lots of blame has to be put on how speedway meetings are run in Poland - little bit of rain or few ruts and the racing is deemed unsafe and refs cancel meeting we had quite a few examples of that this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dnorthstar1970 said:

All these make shift tracks are a joke it’s all to do with money ,let’s get a massive stadium build a track and let’s get thousands in to watch this ,makes for terrible watching 

Not completely correct, its also about appearance, the stadium, it looks better at cardiff than it does at the normal every day speedway stadiums, im not knocking any stadium, so im not naming any. But thats what the makeshift tracks are about. And in fairness, they are ok normally, but then again, the times they havnt been super smooth theyv provided exciting lively unpredictable racing, granted tonight has been just crap, but not many have been, and lets be honest, most are crap anyway, just boring follow my leader racing, that isnt good speedway, like i say, this sport is done and its down to the bikes mainly

They are 2 seconds per lap too fast

Minimum

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Phil Morris getting it in the ear like a Ryanair rep after a cancelled flight 

He lucky its in Cardiff and not another Celtic country believe me

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

They only know 1 way though, its how the sport is today. 

Kenny Carter raced in the pissing down rain with a broken leg in 1984

Now i love Tai, dont take it the wrong way, but hes pulled out with a poorly tummy ffs

You can't love him that much?! Looks like he has Acid Reflux....believe me when it hits it's a proper c**t! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pawel115 said:

Totally agree with you and it pains me to say that but lots of blame has to be put on how speedway meetings are run in Poland - little bit of rain or few ruts and the racing is deemed unsafe and refs cancel meeting we had quite a few examples of that this year.

Let me make this crystal clear

I love speedway, its been in my life forever, my Dad started going in 1947 and went everywhere and when i was born in 1975 he started taking me too. It kills me to say this sport is in a mess, but my god is it

Wembley 1975. World Final. Track rough, bumpy, almost unraceable and so dusty that a couple of fans jumped the fence and watered the track themselves. And this was in the golden age of speedway. Nothing new under the sun...move along.

• Like 3

Sitting here watching the tractors. Been possibly the worst GP at Cardiff ever. A shame ad its the 20th. Definately one to forget with dodgy track and ref. Poor racing little passing.