British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Too many to mention, but not all will be serving after ten on a Tuesday.... 

Except maybe Wetherspoons.,.,.

Well there are 25,000 visitors in town for the big event. Restaurants could be very busy

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Mr Singhs is the place to go for a Curry 

Best by a distance.

149 Elderslie Street
Glasgow
G3 7JR

I will check it out thanks.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well there are 25,000 visitors in town for the big event. Restaurants could be very busy

I will check it out thanks.

Was going to say I'm sure the restaurants be staying open later during COP take advantage. If you're struggling I seem to remember a 24 hour noodle place across from the garage nightclub from my partying days haha.

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If the person you tell the joke to doesn't laugh then it isn't funny. You can hide behind supposed humour as an excuse but we all know it isn't that at all. You just take it too far cos SS winds you up. But why are we surprised when a member of your club swears openly at an opposition fan. Glad Glasgow aren't getting one penny off me. I was gonna buy the stream, but absolutely no chance. Twitter updates for me :t:

So SS comes on here and winds up (your words)but when someone retaliates then you all go wishy washy and ar*e lickey and  want everyone to feel sorry for you all, if you can’t take it then don’t give it

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Good boozer in Glasgow if you’re up on Tuesday  called Buffoons you should fit right in.

Oh u r nawty but I like you :D

The sooner these 2 splash off meetings are completed the better. We can all settle down again and get ready for Christmas. May one team or the other win. Then they can get on with planning what speedway 2022 will exist. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

So SS comes on here and winds up (your words)but when someone retaliates then you all go wishy washy and ar*e lickey and  want everyone to feel sorry for you all, if you can’t take it then don’t give it

Umm interesting you missed out what they retaliated with? What was that again? And what have I given out? Oh yeah nothing. Come back with actual facts. Thanks so much!

Edited by lisa-colette

Looking forward to trip up to Glasgow on Tuesday. Not an ideal time to travel with the Cop26 climate change conference taking  place in the city or the cold weather that November brings but that's the way it is.

I have visited the city on several occasion's normally in the summer months and have been to Ashfield many times and enjoyed the racing and chatting with the Glasgow fans.

To set the record straight not all Poole fans are arrogant or self righteous as I think some on this forum believe.

Steve likes a bit of banter but he isn't vindictive. 

We both are flying up on Tuesday and would be great to meet up with Glasgow fans before the meeting.

See you all on Tuesday 

Let the battle for the title commence. 

Edited by Shaleshifter
To amend my post
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

Looking forward to trip up to Glasgow on Tuesday. Not an ideal time to travel with the Cop26 climate change conference taking  place in the city or the cold weather that November brings but that's the way it is.

Maybe get Greta Thunberg to come and watch.  All Swedes love speedway after all...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Was going to say I'm sure the restaurants be staying open later during COP take advantage. If you're struggling I seem to remember a 24 hour noodle place across from the garage nightclub from my partying days haha.

I was a Savoy man myself those were the days or also known as the swavy savy.

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

I have visited the city on several occasion's normally in the summer months and have been to Ashfield many times and enjoyed the racing and chatting with the Glasgow fans.

To set the record straight not all Poole fans are arrogant or self righteous as I think some on this forum believe.

Steve likes a bit of banter but he isn't vindictive. 

We both are flying up on Tuesday and would be great to meet up with Glasgow fans before the meeting.

See you all on Tuesday 

Let the battle for the title commence. 

Good on you both, hope you have a safe journey.

12 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Maybe get Greta Thunberg to come and watch.  All Swedes love speedway after all...

Speedway bikes to become electric then? :o

• Like 1

if Basso rides how he started on Wednesday then this could be closer than some Poole supporters think

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

if Basso rides how he started on Wednesday then this could be closer than some Poole supporters think

I doubt many Poole supporters think is going to be easy. Glasgow are a top team, we have Basso, they have Nowak and it could come down to who wins that particular battle. It going to be very close and could go either way. 

Having lived in Glasgow for 17 years, I’ll say West of Scotland humour takes some adjustment and can be brutal but is almost never malicious.

I do think Wednesday might be a better day than Tuesday weather wise, though I’m not sure if that’s an option. Can’t say I’m looking forward to such a cold meeting, but needs must.

Easiest way back to city centre by public transport is probably the train from Ashfield station. It’s half hourly, one stop and takes 7 minutes. Walking is a bit far, though I personally wouldn’t be worried about safety. You’re more likely to be mugged in the West End where the people with things worth nicking hang out…