British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Last Birmingham team match is scheduled for August the 10th though. 

As for the Commonwealth Games meeting, simple a Commonwealth Riders Championship featuring a line up of British based Commonwealth riders, heavily promoted in the athletes village the night before the opening ceremony, hardly rocket science

Are you related to Nadine Dorres....certainly Comedy value

So you are suggesting Athletes who have arrived in to a very secure environment with an itiery based around their Sporting  Events should leave the Secure village en masse and go to a Speedwat Match?. Would you expect them to pay or to get a free Pass. I'm sure that they would be flocking back to Birmingham or even extending their visits after the Commonwealth Games to stay on and watch some Speedway??..

Where also are the top Class riders going to come from to take part in the Commonwealth Event, a few Aussies?, the usual Home Contingent, maybe BW-D ?

Parallel Universe time.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HGould said:

Are you related to Nadine Dorres....certainly Comedy value

So you are suggesting Athletes who have arrived in to a very secure environment with an itiery based around their Sporting  Events should leave the Secure village en masse and go to a Speedwat Match?. Would you expect them to pay or to get a free Pass. I'm sure that they would be flocking back to Birmingham or even extending their visits after the Commonwealth Games to stay on and watch some Speedway??..

Where also are the top Class riders going to come from to take part in the Commonwealth Event, a few Aussies?, the usual Home Contingent, maybe BW-D ?

Parallel Universe time.....

Why are you constantly looking for obscure excuses not to get a crowd into your local club, that have been in trouble since the very start of the season (and last season)? These are athletes not prisoners, it doesn't matter if they don't return once they've gone home, you just get them through the doors! I'm sure they'll all have a bit of cash on the hip or packages could have been offered to each of the national athletics bodies or the organisers, they'll have money to p1ss away. Doesn't really matter what the quality of the line-up was there's more than enough British, Australian & NZ riders based in this country to put a line-up together... it's the tie in to the games that is the selling point not the meeting.

But no, you continue to sit there and think up of reasons why things shouldn't be done, continue to watch in front of crowds of 300 and enjoy the last match on the 10th as it may be your last... which would be a shame after all of the effort that went into getting the Brummies back on track again.

Think you'll find nearly all league fixtures finish around the same time (apart from play offs) indeed Leicester last championship meeting is the 24th of July with their last Summer Trophy on the 6th of August. Unless you want to watch the National League which you have absolutely no interest in Mr B..... 

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Think you'll find nearly all league fixtures finish around the same time (apart from play offs) indeed Leicester last championship meeting is the 24th of July with their last Summer Trophy on the 6th of August. Unless you want to watch the National League which you have absolutely no interest in Mr B..... 

I know... it's really not good enough, I thought Speedway was a summer sport! Just as the school summer holidays start British Speedway pulls the shutters down... absolute madness!

9 hours ago, iainb said:

As for the Commonwealth Games meeting, simple a Commonwealth Riders Championship featuring a line up of British based Commonwealth riders, heavily promoted in the athletes village the night before the opening ceremony, hardly rocket science

Brum v Poole on July 27th B)

12 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Checked my bank statement yesterday and there was a debit of £18 referenced ‘Birmingham’ on 7th July and wondered what this was. Turns out it was for the Lions match at Perry Barr (card payment) on……1st June, over 5 weeks ago! Is this a reflection on banking transaction times or slacking on the Brum promotion? If it’s the latter, no wonder they struggling to stay out of the brown stuff.

I booked tickets online for the Coventry meeting which was cancelled. I got my refund 3 working days later after the cancellation on the following Monday. You might want to contact your bank and ask about the delay or contact the Birmingham promotion or even Trybooking if bought through them. That's how I would go about things before posting random speculation on the internet.

Edited by Pirio Barre

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I know... it's really not good enough, I thought Speedway was a summer sport! Just as the school summer holidays start British Speedway pulls the shutters down... absolute madness!

Still got KO Cup meeting(s) to schedule in!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, iainb said:

so an open individual meeting which nowadays regular fans don't support === so a reduced crowd of support and hope that the athletes could be tempted (or even allowed to!!) come and watch something they know nothing about with heavy security with them ??  You have no idea !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

so an open individual meeting which nowadays regular fans don't support === so a reduced crowd of support and hope that the athletes could be tempted (or even allowed to!!) come and watch something they know nothing about with heavy security with them ??  You have no idea !!

You can't even get "regular" fans in to support your team! It's not about attracting existing fans, it's about capitalising on the Commonwealth Games being held up the road. And why are people going on about athlete security? Somebody has mentioned it and you're parroting it as fact. Seems like you lot will make up any excuse not to get a crowd along. As for having no idea... I think you need to look closer to home, your promotion has done a stonking job at packing Perry Bar to the rafters, it'll just be you and@HGould attending Perry Bar at your current rate I hope you're very happy together!

19 hours ago, HGould said:

A Festival of Sports all laid on across the City with integrated ticketing and supporter zones and you seriously expect anyone to think about speedway?

A sad reflection of reality that the Festival of Sport doesn't include Speedway... :o   Was that because the promotion didn't put themselves forward to be included, or because they did and their bid was rejected?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pirio Barre said:

I booked tickets online for the Coventry meeting which was cancelled. I got my refund 3 working days later after the cancellation on the following Monday. You might want to contact your bank and ask about the delay or contact the Birmingham promotion or even Trybooking if bought through them. That's how I would go about things before posting random speculation on the internet.

Thank you for advising how YOU would go about things.

I knew there were a few, but didn't think there were that many "door pulls" in our midst!

Edited by kitten2502
Spelling correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, Teromaafan said:

Thank you for advising how YOU would go about things.

Always happy to help,  However have you raised an interesting point. Have you contacted any of the people involved in your refund issues as I'm sure not only myself but many other posters on this forum would like to find out the outcome of your enquiries.   Please keep us updated.    

11 minutes ago, Pirio Barre said:

Always happy to help,  However have you raised an interesting point. Have you contacted any of the people involved in your refund issues as I'm sure not only myself but many other posters on this forum would like to find out the outcome of your enquiries.   Please keep us updated.    

Think you are confusing the issue,think the poster was saying it took a long time for them to take the money out off his account.Not that he wants a refund

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you are confusing the issue,think the poster was saying it took a long time for them to take the money out off his account.Not that he wants a refund

No, the issue is, has the poster asked questions to find out why there was a delay rather than simply make assumptions on the internet. I'd like to know if the poster has asked any questions and what the outcome was. 

It so easy to go on forums and say so and so is to blame (in this case the banks or promotion) however you have to back this up with facts so I hope the poster takes time to find out the reason for the delay and has the courtesy to let us know
Edited by Pirio Barre
because it better then the ODI Cricket
  • Like 1