British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Why does everybody hate Poole?

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

That's only cause he started well. The last few months he's been really struggling. If he didn't start well he would have been dropped. He's only good at home. I like him but for his development a move is needed. If he starts next year in the team I will back him all the way but he's way too comfortable on his home track only. I hope he goes out Friday night and smashes in a maximum to prove me wrong ! 

Watched the meeting preview on Edinburgh YouTube channel and they said Edinburgh is Joe's best away track. 

59 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I can agree with that mate. Morris hasn't done the business away from considering his average is what over 10pts now? Howarth has been immense and worrall has done his job . Feel sorry mountain as he's been riding at number 2 which is always difficult. And dan Thomson has been great this year holding his own in the main body 

Last night aside, Leicester have had a very good season, Joe Thompson was in the main body of the team earlier in the season so he must have had a better average than Dan, Dan had a very bad night last night at Poole too considering how well he rode at reserve when Leicester won at Poole earlier in the season. 

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Watched the meeting preview on Edinburgh YouTube channel and they said Edinburgh is Joe's best away track. 

I think that's a small reason why we picked them . Our riders seem to go well there

• Like 1

I think there should be a new thread, why does everyone hate Glasgow 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I think there should be a new thread, why does everyone hate Glasgow 

I think both teams are hated equally

Generally if you are hated you are more often than not doing something right.

• Like 6

It's gratifying to see that wide-eyed admiration follow this team whatever league they are in, They have deservedly earned their reputation over the years.

18 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

I think both teams are hated equally

Oh no, Middlo says we are the most hated. We are not sharing it ;):P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh no, Middlo says we are the most hated. We are not sharing it ;):P

You are the Millwall of the speedway world...:)

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCOADEI4CSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLAssDb4rtYRKg_yintGHCHLNbUXuA

On 9/25/2022 at 11:07 PM, Gazc said:

Generally if you are hated you are more often than not doing something right.

Looking at 20 pages of this p1sh and more on the Glasgow thread Im not sure its the success people resent so much.

• Like 1

Matt Ford just loves his speedway and Poole Pirates,if everyone is honest with themselves I reckon they would wish he had come along and been their clubs promoter.He knows all the rules and how to use them to his and Poole's advantage and that obviously grates with some On here but a large full trophy cabinet suggests he gets most things right even if he's not everyone's favourite outside of Wimborne Road.As for the POSF reading the SGB website it was the Glasgow riders who wanted the match to be abandoned

• Like 1

Was stood with the Poole fans at the Pairs at Oxford. Good bunch of friendly Dorset folk, lots of girlies and kiddies following them, but annoying screaming from a couple of lasses. Posher than those raucous Glasgow lot, straight from the Ibrox and Celtic terraces, also friendly and love a drink. No hate amongst speedway fans compared to football. Even Oxford and Swindon fans chatting to each other. Gotta love the speedway fans and the 10 -team tournaments.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 3